Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Gifting - Bug report and Feedback thread

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ploki122

12-07-2012

I think something that is really annoying is the fact that the champions/skins only grays out once you know it can't be gifted.

Otherwise as far as abuse goes, you have to remember that newly created accounts has RP (or had), meaning that you could farm new accounts only to gift. Imo, you should disable the given RPs for giftings. Apart from that one, I don't see how it could be abused, since you end up still paying for what you gift. The biggest issue here would be global RP giveaways, where people gain more if they have more smurfs.

Itsjez

Recruiter

12-07-2012

I think a possible idea for limiting abuse would to be make the required level to gift higher, maybe 10 or something.
This way if people want to "abuse" the system, they actually have to work for it. Though of course level 10+ players should be allowed to gift to their under 10 friends, and help them get on their feet.

El Draka

12-07-2012

Hey there RiotAmes! this is pretty cool, i just tried to give away a skin for my friend, but when i have to select his name on the friends list, no name appears on it, i got him in friends, even no one of my others friends, srry for bad english, gl, draka

Headlinerrr

12-07-2012

Thank you RIOT for the amazing idea!

Agatio

Recruiter

12-07-2012

Quote:
RiotAmes:
This is something we wanted to make happen, but won't do with this release of Gifting. There's a lot of reasons behind it. We've done our best to make the existing experience surrounding this as good as it can be for now.

Is there a chance we'll be able to hear about some of these reasons? Just curious.

Also, being able to gift with IP would be pretty phreakin' cool. Or do you not get along well with him? :P

I'd gift Irelia with a note saying "Tons of damage!"

RiotAmes

QA Analyst

12-08-2012

Quote:
Itsjez:
I think a possible idea for limiting abuse would to be make the required level to gift higher, maybe 10 or something.
This way if people want to "abuse" the system, they actually have to work for it. Though of course level 10+ players should be allowed to gift to their under 10 friends, and help them get on their feet.

We've got a good bit of control over how the system works. For PBE, we want as much testing as possible - we'll be more strict once we hit live.

Quote:
Agatio:
Is there a chance we'll be able to hear about some of these reasons? Just curious.

Also, being able to gift with IP would be pretty phreakin' cool. Or do you not get along well with him? :P

I'd gift Irelia with a note saying "Tons of damage!"

Phreak and I have a relationship that mostly involves running high-fives in hallways.

As far as the reasons - they're varied. Some are technical, some are (believe it or not) player focused. It's not something we'll change for this release, but it's definitely on our minds.

NotBuzzJack

12-08-2012

I just hope someone doesn't gift me Teemo as a joke. If I can't deny a gift that would be a real pain.

LiegeWaffles

12-08-2012

Quote:
Shehriazad:
2nd:Gifting RP, and Skins for RP is totally fine by me.... but why limit Champs to RP aswell? Almost seems outright moneyhungry...

There is players who have gathered hundreds of thousands of IP points that they dont need.

One possible reason: inactive accounts are likely to have little RP on them, but might have quite a lot of IP.
You don't want something like the following scenario to happen:
- through lolking or similar means fetch a list of summonerIDs who haven't played in, say, the past month
- dictionary attack the passwords for those acccounts
- use the IP found on the cracked accounts to gift champions to 1 or more accounts of the cracker
- sell accounts with all champions on eBay etc.
- get away with it, since the owners of those inactive accounts probably won't log in anytime soon (and even if they do at some point, probably only the owner of that previously inactive account and the buyer of such a filled-with-gifted-champions account would be left with the mess...)

(of course right now they could already crack and sell inactive accounts, but 1 account with all champions is probably seen as much more valuable than a few accounts with some random amount of champions... Hmm, now it makes sense to me that the "Champions" tab is greyed out when you view other summoners' profiles: that info would be too valuable to crackers!..)

Izisery

Recruiter

12-08-2012

Now there's all these idiots in Chat spamming 'Send me skin/Champ/etc' It's freaking PBE, you get Free Stuffs! Harassing people to send you stuff because you want more free stuff is ridiculous.

(No, these were not people trying to test the new feature, just complaining that they didn't have RP for a certain champ.)

My opinion is that Chatbot needs to be a bit more Proactive than just the occasional spam to read the TOS.

Praetor Don

12-08-2012

They did this.

Makes the fact so much sweeter that I made a post about this several months ago.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2556331&highlight=praetor+don