Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Gifting - Bug report and Feedback thread

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RiotAmes

QA Analyst

12-07-2012

Hello, Summoners!

We're proud to share Gifting with you on the PBE! Gifting will allow you to unlock champions and skins for your friends and buy RP for them. You can even include a custom message.

We're still polishing up the feature, but think that at this phase your feedback and ability to find bugs in the system will be very valuable before the official release. Let us know about any problems you find so that we can make the release of Gifting awesome!

Livevil88

12-07-2012

getting bug splats every time i try to join a game. not sure if related to gifting though

also, first

The Supreme Dirt

12-07-2012

oh ok was posting in the maint thread, i'll quote my posts there

Quote:
Bowser the Train:
store's back

or not...?

yeah it's back

found bugs with the gifting already, it's displaying the RP costs of the last 5 champs as 10, and afaik they got changed back to 975 on PBE?

Snowy Day Ziggs can't be gifted

Failed gift sends count towards the daily limit

Quote:
Bowser the Train:
Oh, I see, it's displaying incorrectly for a champion not owned when you attempt to gift a skin.
It says must be level 1 or above and that they've reached their limit
Am yet to gift successfully because no friends are online atm so i can't ask what one doesn't own.

ok i have a total of 191 rp on my account so i can't attempt to gift anything but the things available for 10 rp, so someone who actually has rp needs to test to make sure it isn't actually broken

can i ask though, is this just a thing because of christmas coming up, or will this be a permanent addition to league in the long term?

*edit* ok was able to gift Vi to quite a few people, seems to be working

Bu Gao Xing

Master Recruiter

12-07-2012

Finally, we can stop being team 4 skin... because there's always that one guy you play with that doesn't have a skin.
Edit: Sorry it's not constructive bug reporting Just wanted to express my support for this idea finally coming around.

AiLied

12-07-2012

I like the concept of being able to gift stuff to your friends, but I'm worried since there's now a reason for people to want to steal your account.

notFREEfood

12-07-2012

Ok tried sending stuff to my friend. I'm pretty sure that she does not have all the champions unlocked for skins I tried to gift her (and therefore has no skins), but I was getting the same error message that I would get if she already did (I'll have to check with her to confirm this though).

A better way to do this when the person you are trying to gift the skin to doesn't have the champion is to suggest that you buy the champion for them too.

Drejer

12-07-2012

Just want confirmation that you will be able to deny a gift that is given to you? It doesn't seem that way as of now so I want to make sure it's on the radar.

Shehriazad

12-07-2012

Feature seems to work but I do have a critic feedback to give.

1st: You should be able to confirm/deny a gift because without security measures any account that has been compromised and has RP on it can be robbed just like that...I know the support can then fix it again...but why go through that hassle.

2nd:Gifting RP, and Skins for RP is totally fine by me.... but why limit Champs to RP aswell? Almost seems outright moneyhungry...

There is players who have gathered hundreds of thousands of IP points that they dont need.

Is there no IP gift feature because you want to avoid IP for RP trading or decked out smurf accounts?

Those 2 points are valid but comon...there is ways around that. Allow us to gift champs for IP even if its more limited.

I know it wont be added just like that now but at least consider it.

LastProtagonist

12-07-2012

No gifting of runes? God, I know some kids who need runes and rune pages...

CowMeat

12-07-2012

Gifted champions and skins. Could not gift RP (message: temporarily disabled).

Major point: included champions and skins my friend owned, so gifting could be frustrating if you don't remember what skins and champions your friend owns.

Good idea for a feature!