Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Feedback] Vi backpack design - Steam vs cypberpunk

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xianio

12-07-2012

Awesome - wicked typo in the title. My bad.

I don't know if this has come up yet or if anyone would agree with me but after seeing Vi's model I got the distinct impression that her blue glowing backpack doesn't really feel like it belongs paired with the huge iron fists.

It's almost like a mash of Steampunk with Cyberpunk. To be clear, I'm ONLY talking about her basic skin not her extra one, which does feel properly matched.

If anyone out here has heard of Warmachine (the table top game) the backpack's from that game would seem like a better fit to me. They're basically steam/furnace vents that belch out steam/smoke.

Here's an image of what I mean - keep in mind that I'm only talking about the vents on the arts back, not the full guy.

Anyone on the same page as I am?

Dimwitt

12-07-2012

I'd like to see both done.

I prefer Cyberpunk, but there's definitely a market for Steampunk and both fit her nicely.

One really nice Cyberpunk design, perhaps partially inspired by Motoko Kusanagi
And one Steampunk perhaps having a steam vent backpack and gauntlets.

Vulking

12-07-2012

Her default skin SCREAM Steam Powered.
Her other skin look much more advanced so it look fine with the red energy backpack.

Dakotz

12-07-2012

THe blue energy coming out of her back looks strange, same with her shield, However, the on charge and after use effects of her E with the release of the steam seem to fit perfectly. .As soon as I can test for myself in game without having to just watch videos I'll try and analyze it more.

Dimwitt

12-07-2012

Alternatively (and you all might think im a terrible person for using this as a reference)

But how about a more fantasy inspired Gauntlet (source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcZLc4RmUEM&feature=player_detailpage#t=1020s)

Falleth

12-07-2012

Personally I don't mind it as I find it aesthetically pleasing. Wouldn't really want it to get changed to steam.

Considering available hextech level in Runeterra (e.g. Jayce, Urgot) it's not that far-fetched if at all.

KamiKhaZix

12-07-2012

I'd prefer steampunk for her default (and she'd become my favorite champion of all time) and cyberpunk for her release skin. Cyber seems to fit that second one better, whereas as has been previously mentioned, the particles don't seem to fit her default as well as steampunk would.

Xianio

12-07-2012

Le bump for more feedback

Garlyle Wilds

12-07-2012

Personally I found the steady blue glow kind of... distracting? I know why it's there (to indicate when her passive is ready) but while it's on it feels... yeah, I don't really know how to put it. It just clashes noticably with Vi's model.

I don't know how hard it would be to replace it with some kind of steam effect, but I think it would be cool. Or even a less glaring 'static' type of effect.