Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Bug][Major] Total computer crash

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tristan Navarre

12-07-2012

I'm having the same exact problem. I tried to play as Vi and as soon as I got into game, my screen start flashing back and forth from between the game screen and black. When I hit alt tab, my screen completely froze and I had to restart my computer. Sadly, it's happened every single time I've tried to get back into game to play Vi.

Mullegun

12-07-2012

Yep. This problem is happening to me also. I was using Nidalee when this happened.

JediBlack

12-07-2012

Glad Im not the only one! I was like damnit I hope i dont have to go buy a new laptop Dx crashed right in the middle of a stream :<

lamboc

12-07-2012

Here's my dxdiag.txt. As I mentioned earlier, screen flashes after I enter summoner's rift and then bam screen freezes

sirplayalot11

12-07-2012

I want to play viiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!

RiotDecrepit

QA Analyst

12-07-2012

Hey guys,

Can I ask y'all to go ahead and try updating your video drivers, and then test to see if the issue is still occurring after doing so? If you're unsure of how to properly update your drivers, we've got an excellent knowledge base article here (https://support.leagueoflegends.com/entries/20116803-how-to-update-your-video-card-drivers) that can help you out with that.

If you're still having problems after doing so, can I ask for your updated Dxdiag information (http://support.leagueoflegends.com/entries/20100477-obtaining-a-direct-x-diagnostic-or-dxdiag)? Thanks!

Edit: In addition to your dxdiag, I'd also like to ask for your most recent r3d log (http://support.leagueoflegends.com/entries/20076987) from when you last encountered this problem.

Mullegun

12-07-2012

So I checked my drivers, and everything is up to date. The one in the sixth is actually a spectator game. The funny thing is that It played well for a couple of minutes then out of nowhere the problem started. The other two is a bot game with Nidalee, and the last one is a custom game with Vi.

SmilingSushi

12-07-2012

Happened twice. First time was playing as Surgeon Shen. I wrote it off because I thought the cause was another program.

Second game, happened with Vi. Don't have a r3dlog though. Latest one was 3 days ago.

x7r4n3x

12-07-2012

same problem

Jackin131

12-07-2012

Same problem here with Vi