Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Bug][Major] Total computer crash

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LeBlurgot

12-06-2012

I was playing a game with a friend in the PBE to test out the new champion. Three bots, myself, and the friend against five custom bots. I was playing Pool Party Ziggs (because I couldn't select Snow Day), and the friend was playing Vi.

Upon getting in, the screen froze for five seconds, blacked out for five seconds, returned to a frozen screen for five seconds. Rinse repeat for another thirty seconds or so. Then the screen just froze. All game sounds gave way to a drone that damn near deafened me. Waiting didn't fix it, and I was forced to hard reset, being unable to CTRL-ALT-DLT or alt tab. Trying to get in twice more after that yielded the same result.

Spookypants77

12-06-2012

I also had a similar bug when i went to spectate a match on the PBE. The game loaded then proceeded to flash black while the game was going. Tried to alt+tab and my computer locked up completely.

Had to manually shut the power off to unfreeze it.

Also experienced all the champion sound muteing itself in a game where I played as Vi - happened about 20 min into the game. All the other sound effects worked accept for the champion VO.

lamboc

12-07-2012

Same for me as well, I got a display driver error, my laptop is an Intel running i5, with Intel HD graphics 3000

sirplayalot11

12-07-2012

same here, found out about Vi, ****ed(im a boxer and her combos are literally a style to boxing, right straight Q, W is the body blow on the third strike, E is a jab, and R is a finishing uppercut)
Went in, all went well till i entred game, same as above, black and flashes, ERRRRRRRRRRRR sound and comp freeze.

Spookypants77

12-07-2012

Just tried to play another game as Vi - and the PVP Client locked up my computer again.

I have an i5 and am running Windows 7, other programs running were Firefox, Itunes, Lolrecorder and also Enigma Item changer.

Hopefully that helps you guys narrow down the issue.

Zenmetsu Saseru

12-07-2012

Same set up as Spook, but without any other programs running.

ColdMiller

12-07-2012

It has something to do with Vi and I believe her classic skin so far I haven't heard of anyone crashing but with that. I have also experienced it. With enough people reporting it it should get fixed =P

vLemon

QA Analyst

12-07-2012

Can you upload your dxdiag logs? Instructions on how to do that here (https://support.leagueoflegends.com/entries/20076987-league-of-legends-logs).

Kadromar

12-07-2012

Had an extremely similar crash on live in a custom game mucking about with a friend testing new items. 1v1 no bots.
Experienced the droning noise, my PC just immediately locked on that frame though no blue screen occured.
I was playing Vayne while he was Graves.
Hope it helps!

LeBlurgot

12-07-2012

Ah, of course. Here it is. Thanks for the response.