Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Who designed Vi?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Boscowitz

12-06-2012

Im guessing it was gypsylord. I would like to thank you, i had the most fun in a while playing her.
She feels, unique and refreshing for me. Something that i havent found in many recent champions.

However i feel gigantic nerfs and readjustments will hit her.
Her W passive scales too high and procs too easily.

However, amazing job whoever it was.
Nicely done.

Kipzz

12-06-2012

It was Feralpony, I believe.

NotBuzzJack

12-07-2012

Gypsylord.

ReluctantFantasy

12-07-2012

toss on another double gap closer huehue

PerfidiousAlbion

12-07-2012

Quote:
ReluctantFantasy:
toss on another double gap closer huehue

Considering she has no range, one of those gap closers is a long cooldown ult and the other takes a second to charge, telegraphs that you're about to use it, and can be dodged I'm not sure I see the problem.

Deadly Dillweed

12-07-2012

I had the same question. It sounds a lot like Gypsylord's, I hope it is

Garlyle Wilds

12-07-2012

It's most definitely gypsylord's; though apparently the lose concept has been floating around since before he joined riot, he's the one who really pulled it all together.

Purgex

12-07-2012

I absolutely love her. I still need to try her out in an actual competitive match, but I love the concept and feel of the champ.

Wise Squirrel

12-07-2012

Quote:
PerfidiousAlbion:
Considering she has no range, one of those gap closers is a long cooldown ult and the other takes a second to charge, telegraphs that you're about to use it, and can be dodged I'm not sure I see the problem.

That's supposed to eb the "weakness" of the champion.

Let's let her fly while we're at it, it is not like she does % physical damage, becomes immune to CC with ult or supresses targets or anything.

PerfidiousAlbion

12-07-2012

Quote:
Wise Squirrel:
That's supposed to eb the "weakness" of the champion.

Let's let her fly while we're at it, it is not like she does % physical damage, becomes immune to CC with ult or supresses targets or anything.

And it's still a weakness. If her ult is on cooldown and you dodge her Q then she's very easy to kite. If you have an escape ability then she should never land her Q on you unless she catches you by surprise or someone else CC'd you first. If you're in a team fight then she can't even use her Q to close distance with a squishy because it'll be blocked by the tank/bruiser peeling for them, at least if your team is at all organized. Even with her Q she's very easy to kite any time her ult is on cooldown. That's a big disadvantage.

Her CC immunity lasts all of half a second and, again, has a high cooldown. She has very limited CC outside of her ult, and her Q's knock-up has an extremely short duration. It's what, a half second knock-up? All she really brings to a team is her ult and damage. As such her damage should be good.

She's a solid champion, and it's entirely possible she'll need tweaks, but making her easier to kite isn't one of them. She isn't particularly adept at sticking to a target as is.