Finally, A Non-Oversexualized "Cool" Female Champ

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wytsfs

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KT Samurai View Post
This certainly is easier for you if you make up your own rules.

No one in their right mind is saying that sexiness or *** itself is wrong.
People don't come right out and say it but some of you not so subtly imply sexuality is a bad thing in many of the arguments they make.

Winterstride

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wytsfs View Post
People don't come right out and say it but some of you not so subtly imply sexuality is a bad thing in many of the arguments they make.
Some do, I'm sure. But like I said, no one in their right mind is saying that. I know it's easy to lump everyone who doesn't agree with you together to help you brush off the whole thing but a lot of us don't feel this way. Sexuality is perfectly natural, and feminism embraces sexuality like you wouldn't believe. Problems only arise when it's being exploited.

chumbler

12-07-2012

Quote:
No, they don't. You just read that into the arguments because that's what you want to believe they think. Stop acting like that's true, because it isn't.

Now I'm going to bed. I've stayed up way too late already.

Felzar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-07-2012

Captain Falcon skin for Vi please

Wytsfs

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumbler View Post
^^^^ You're trying really hard to ignore that she was intentionally designed to be showing off her rack.
I'm not ignoring it. The chest fins could have looked better had they matched her other fins but there's nothing inherently wrong with the overall look. And that look doesn't in any way detract from her character.

Rauron

12-07-2012

I'll say it again, as I've said a dozen times already. MF is fine. Ahri is fine. Cassi is fine. These champions are -very- sexualized, and it fits with their character. I even think Kat is fine, and LeBlanc is not oversexualized. (She's not "fine" because of skirt belts, but that's a different thing entirely.)

To me, Kayle is one of the sexiest champs in the game. She's not sexualized -at all-. I also think Lux looks pretty damn cute, and I love her Imperial skin. She's stylized to be attractive, but not at all oversexualized.

I already listed why those other champs are a problem; none of those points have been addressed. Instead of repeating yourselves, provide some sort of counterargument. I posit that you can't.

@Wytsfs: Her skin is split open to show a paler under-layer with cleavage. To me, that detracts from her character. I know I'm an outlier here, so I don't expect any change, but I can't take her seriously while she's grr-facing me with a chest wound.

Winterstride

12-07-2012

Quote:
I'm not ignoring it. The chest fins could have looked better had they matched her other fins but there's nothing inherently wrong with the overall look. And that look doesn't in any way detract from her character.
I would agree with you there, her character doesn't suffer so I can deal with it just fine.

It is kinda weird, though.

Winterstride

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rauron View Post
To me, Kayle is one of the sexiest champs in the game. She's not sexualized -at all-.
It's like we're e-brothers.

BadgerDrool

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-07-2012

Some visual feedback:

Her head is a major focal point but her face isn't animated at all. I feel like a little control of her mouth would give her taunt, joke, and such feel less plastic. The rest of her body is very well animated and this sticks out like a sore thumb. Partially due to it being dead center between pink hair and both her giant shoulder pads.

I feel like a particle when she does her spit would be appropriate. She's supposed to be rather in-elegant so why not?

Her biceps need some extra tone. It's a major part of her body getting a workout due to the gloves. It's weird to see the part right next to the elbow thinner then the rest of the arm. This is very noticeable on her taunt. Especially given that the motion is similar to how someone would show off muscle. If any area of her body needs to have a bit of muscle it's this spot. I'm pretty weak but when I do that motion that motion my inner bicep shows.

Why is the dance not shadowboxing?

I agree with other feedback I've seen. The backpack looks off. One issue I have with it is that it doesn't look connected to the rest of her outfit in anyway. Given that it's supposedly powering the gauntlets...Why doesn't it have some visible power lines? I also agree that the glow particle doesn't feel quite right.

Overall I love her looks. Totally picking her up on release.

PS: Zyra called. She wants her passive to work like Vi's Q.

PPS: all feedback based on ingame.

Arcane Azmadi

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
I have commented on the DV Diana topic. The change was beyond my control however.

I take all the criticism, believe me. Even the stuff I have nothing to do with.
I hate to drag this up, IronStylus, and I know it wasn't really your fault, but we missed any commentary you made on the DV Diana topic. You see, I can't speak for every player in this game, but the change to the DV Diana skin was quite simply one of the stupidest things Riot has ever done. It was inexcusable, changing a product that many people had already bought drastically for the worse because it clashed with a product you were still yet to release. People were howling, screaming for the change to not go ahead and Riot were completely silent on the issue. The new version of the skin is truly rubbish, it not only looks hideous but it also looks too similar to her base skin (apart from being skankier) and no longer looks ANYTHING like a Valkyrie at all.

So basically what I'm asking here is, if you're not responsible for this travesty, who is? And what was their reasoning for changing DV Diana and not Syndra? Why was there so much silence for so long? Why was the overwhelming majority of the community who petitioned for the skin to not be changed simply ignored? It may seem like I'm banging on about an issue that should have been buried long ago, but we never really got any closure on it and it's still something I will never forgive Riot for.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
You make a good point. Korra has muscles because she has to. She is the Avatar and it's her job to kick ass using physical abilities. Vi, on the other hand, has the magic of the gauntlets that allowed her to use them when she was 6, meaning that they aren't heavy at all to her. If Vi were a female Lee Sin, it'd be reasonable to call Riot out on it.
I hate to say it, but that's... a REALLY silly argument. Korra is the Avatar, it's her job to kick ass with the power of the 4 elements that only she can command. She's basically the OPPOSITE of a muscle character. If she was at least from the Earth Nation that'd make more sense, as their style has always been more brute-force, but arguing that the Avatar is more "physical" than a girl who smashes faces with giant metal gloves, even hextech giant metal gloves, doesn't make any sense.