Finally, A Non-Oversexualized "Cool" Female Champ

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

12-07-2012
39 of 42 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The MilkMān View Post
So is this the new standard for female champs? I'm a little bummed, nothing that particularly stands out about Vi... in a stylistic sense I guess. It's hard to describe, I guess compared to MF and ahri, Vi just looks way too... subtle? She runs too close to generic space marine (F) character that video games have been beaten to the dead horse with lately. I mean, I was going to ask what fantasy/aspiration she played to as a champion... but I guess that answers it, the space marine we were lacking. I just feel like big mirky colored guantlets don't play to my aspirations. Also a little bummed since this probably takes the space of any boxing champion, at least for a while.

But really, I guess I'm a little scared since you said that shes closer to what the coming champion gambit is.... Is lol going to downplay the legendary and heroic aspect in its design, and change to more subtle and downplayed characterizations?
There is no standard. That's the thing. Standard isn't something that we want to make. She's 1 of 107 available fantasies. She may not be aspirational to you but she's someone's play psychology and fantasy.

Thanks for this feedback though, it's very interesting and well thought out. I think you raise some interesting points and I very much appreciate your critiques.

noiradle2

12-07-2012

riot we need a teenager champ. not lux either, she's a tard

Rauron

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The MilkMān View Post
I guess compared to MF and ahri, Vi just looks way too... subtle?
Out of all the possibilities arrayed before you, you choose to compare Vi to two of the most (justifiably) sexualized champs in the game? I can't... I don't... wh-
No.

Wytsfs

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel J View Post
If only they didn't lose all credibility after making Kat do pole dance in her Christmas skin.
And once again one of the "we want different female body types" crowd reveals themselves to be anti-sexuality rather than just pro diversity.

Rauron

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
There is no standard.
It's hard to really believe that when looking at the current roster. Maybe there's no -intended- standard, but there definitely is a single basic body type that is the de facto standard for female champs, yordles excluded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wytsfs View Post
And once again one of the "we want different female body types" crowd reveals themselves to be anti-sexuality rather than just pro diversity.
As much as I keep harping on the current state of things, I kinda agree with this. Kat and Cassi feel, to me, like they both learned how to use seduction and *** appeal for achieving goals. Cassi is better at it, sure, but Kat still kinda seems to fit well with her sexualized aspects.

tempnameA461

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrTemptragon View Post
Giant specially-designed-for-punching fists are subtle. You heard it here first.
If you ever run into gangs in alleyways, you'll discover just how subtle boxing really is.

Winterstride

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempnameA461 View Post
If you ever run into gangs in alleyways, you'll discover just how subtle boxing really is.
I don't understand your point at all.

DrTemptragon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempnameA461 View Post
I learnt some self-defence; I'm aware it is in real life (by comparison with a broken bottle to the eyes), but visually...

Not so much.

Bu Gao Xing

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

12-07-2012

On a completely unrelated topic..
Has anyone else noticed that the picture of Beatrice, chosen by IronStylus,
can be viewed as having it's beak open with it's tongue sticking out,
or with it's beak closed and some ruffled feathers?

Gentoon

12-07-2012

@Ironstylus

Why are all the holiday skins for AP champs?

also, trundle skin ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ):