Finally, A Non-Oversexualized "Cool" Female Champ

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

tempnameA461

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrTemptragon View Post
I'm saying doesn't matter if it was right or wrong; as long as you don't hurt people, you shouldn't be shunned, regardless of taste.

That's all.
*sage nod*
There we go.
Now, let us march to the hills, bretheren!
Let us begin our quest to convince six billion people of this truth!

Colonel J

12-07-2012

If only they didn't lose all credibility after making Kat do pole dance in her Christmas skin.

DJ Shyvana

12-07-2012

....if only I could use champs/skins as a tax write off....damn you, Riot Take my money! Also, extend my overwhelming gratitude to the teams involved...so flipping sweet!

Jade Skull

12-07-2012

When is Vi coming out?!

tempnameA461

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel J View Post
If only they didn't lose all credibility after making Kat do pole dance in her Christmas skin.
They can borrow some of Tom Hanks' credibility.

FirinUpMuhLazer

12-07-2012

So is this the new standard for female champs? I'm a little bummed, nothing that particularly stands out about Vi... in a stylistic sense I guess. It's hard to describe, I guess compared to MF and ahri, Vi just looks way too... subtle? She runs too close to generic space marine (F) character that video games have been beaten to the dead horse with lately. I mean, I was going to ask what fantasy/aspiration she played to as a champion... but I guess that answers it, the space marine we were lacking. I just feel like big mirky colored guantlets don't play to my aspirations. Also a little bummed since this probably takes the space of any boxing champion, at least for a while.

But really, I guess I'm a little scared since you said that shes closer to what the coming champion gambit is.... Is lol going to downplay the legendary and heroic aspect in its design, and change to more subtle and downplayed characterizations?

Jade Skull

12-07-2012

Quote:

Haven't you heard? Pole dancing is for fitness now, not just strippers.

Jeez get with the times man.

chumbler

12-07-2012

Quote:
I'll cut them a little slack on the basic design (though it does nothing for me personally), but yeah, that pole dance recall animation is really blatant. Like that's not something that just unconsciously slips in. Besides, if they really wanted to have a pole dancing female champion, they should've used Cassiopeia. It makes more sense for her character (it doesn't really for Kat, because she isn't about that) and a snake coiling around something isn't a huge stretch. It'd still be clear what it was supposed to be, but it wouldn't be as bad.

But still, fantastic work on Vi, Riot. She's the kind of thing that people want to see more of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The MilkMān View Post
So is this the new standard for female champs? I'm a little bummed, nothing that particularly stands out about Vi... in a stylistic sense I guess. It's hard to describe, I guess compared to MF and ahri, Vi just looks way too... subtle? She runs too close to generic space marine (F) character that video games have been beaten to the dead horse with lately. I mean, I was going to ask what fantasy/aspiration she played to as a champion... but I guess that answers it, the space marine we were lacking. I just feel like big mirky colored guantlets don't play to my aspirations. Also a little bummed since this probably takes the space of any boxing champion, at least for a while.

But really, I guess I'm a little scared since you said that shes closer to what the coming champion gambit is.... Is lol going to downplay the legendary and heroic aspect in its design, and change to more subtle and downplayed characterizations?
You have got to be joking.

Winterstride

12-07-2012

Quote:

In what universe is any of this true?

Vi's character bleeds through all over her visual design. What exactly would you change about her to make her pop more than she does now?

DrTemptragon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-07-2012

Quote:

Giant specially-designed-for-punching fists are subtle. You heard it here first.

Seriously, though, I think the reason you're getting that impression is the muted colour scheme, not any subtlety within the character.