Finally, A Non-Oversexualized "Cool" Female Champ

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HSSSH

12-07-2012

Need a heavy muscle guy champion with mustache

StationaryObject

12-07-2012

So Iron, whats your opinion on more diverse skin tones for humanoid champions? I see a lot of very light skinned characters and don't really seem to find darker skinned characters. Do you think we could see some diversity in the future?

Also, do you think it matters when it comes to actual visibility in the game? You mentioned the reason you didn't bulk up Vi was because it didn't really show well in-game. Does skin-tone do the same thing?

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

12-07-2012
27 of 42 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal Frank View Post
I love that you guys are working very hard on making a much bigger variety of champions! different champion mechanics change the whole game and make it better, fun and great! keep up the good work!

Btw iron stylus! Why some champions this last season seemed a bit repetitive and suddenly you guys started innovating again? other games starting to get stronger presence?
We realize we've had some repetition issues in the past. That's pretty much been corrected for. The next champions should start to run the gamut more. Vi is a good indicator of what's to come, and she's not that over the top. She's fairly standard, but we're trying to redefine what "standard" means to us in terms of humans at least.

This wasn't exactly sudden either, remember that champions can have a pretty lengthy development time. This is an evolution that is sometimes staggered. It moves in unpredictable ways as champions evolve towards a ready state.

Vulking

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironstylus View Post
head to the pbe discussion board and give that feedback, please. We want to hear any visual design comments you might have. It's a really good point you make and a point of discussion internally.
As you command.

ecstaSTEVE

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-07-2012

xmas eve skin

ImYourBestFriend

12-07-2012

your in this thread giving everyone pats on the back for a new non-sexualized champion, BUT no one here has seen the Recall animation of "Holiday" Katarina yet!

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

12-07-2012
28 of 42 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reynfall View Post
Parrot, why are you making a row of female champions, and why aren't they as hot as previous ones?

I mean I'm not hating on the fact that new champs aren't so sexualized but sexy is fun. There needs to be a balance, and wouldn't you as an artist agree?

Things I've been noticing are:

A lot of female champs in a row (I heard the one after Vi is gonna be female too)

So far, they aren't sexy in the general sense (Nami is a fish, Vi is fully armored)

Not only am I feeling forgotten about as a male, but the lack of the new champs being hot (in the most widely appreciated way) is putting me down.
Please stop spamming this thread. I've seen you post this at least 5 times and I'm not going to address it due to that reason.

Thanks.

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

12-07-2012
29 of 42 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeapingLion View Post
So Iron, whats your opinion on more diverse skin tones for humanoid champions? I see a lot of very light skinned characters and don't really seem to find darker skinned characters. Do you think we could see some diversity in the future?

Also, do you think it matters when it comes to actual visibility in the game? You mentioned the reason you didn't bulk up Vi was because it didn't really show well in-game. Does skin-tone do the same thing?
More skin tones: Yes please.

Vandite

12-07-2012

i do like the way she looks and by her kit it looks fun.

I do hope when i play as her i can FEEL like i am the law. with huge fists.

Thane Soren

Recruiter

12-07-2012

But if you go over it without addressing it, how is one to assume you are going to be addressing it at all?