Finally, A Non-Oversexualized "Cool" Female Champ

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Daemon

12-06-2012

Vi spits on the ground. She has the second best personality in the League (Draven is always #1). She is tough. Her voice actress is awesome. She looks awesome. Just wow, you guys outdone yourselves.

Did you all take any sort of inspiration for Borderlands/similar games. She has a rather unique design that borders on cyberpunk.

Nasuuna

12-06-2012

i hate whoever did that model

just when i think i forget her, something reminds me

god dammit -_-

love the art regardless.

davin

Senior User Researcher

12-06-2012
16 of 42 Riot Posts

I've been really excited to see everyone's reactions to Vi. Her design hits strong female in a bunch of cool ways, and the feel of the gameplay reinforces that. Awesome

Avalon Bright

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
I F&%$ing love Redline, bee tee dubs.
And this is why you continue to be my favorite Rioter

(Really, despite all my complaining!)

Mensonges

12-06-2012

I think she looks pretty neat. Haven't gotten the chance to play her myself, but I'm looking forward to it.
One question though.

Can she be "ambiguously brown"? Has that even been considered? It'd be refreshing after all the glowy-eyed, pale-skinned, not-quite-human ladies to recently join the line-up.

Just curious.

Famöus

12-06-2012

I'm looking forward to a "Tifa Lockhart" inspired skin for Vi in the future IronStylus

I love Vi, I've been waiting for a true brawler in LoL for ages..

Rauron

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
The discussion I've had multiple times in the last 2 weeks?
I haven't seen anything deeper than "she's fine".

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

12-06-2012
17 of 42 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nestrinast View Post
Vi could use a bit more muscle, as someone else mentioned she seems to share the same build as Ezreal.
I love the muted color scheme with her hairstyle and attitude, she gives psychotically happy vibes and is reminiscent of Mira Han from SC2. If there was anything I'd have to say I disliked about her graphically, it's her backpack. Maybe its just the way the blue particle on it moves, but it looks like its missing something it needs and has something it doesn't need. I wish I was more practiced describing aesthetic things, but it feels too "techy" for LoL. Not in a Heimerdinger or Jayce kind of way, or in a Caitlyn kind of way. More like a Pulsefire Ezreal sort of way, except this is supposed to be canon. While Piltover is the land of progress, I get the feeling herhextech needs a bit more hex and a little less tech.
Interesting. So you're cool with the industrial feeling of the gloves but not necessarily the futuristic energy vibe that the particle provides?

GodEmperorLetoII

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon Bright View Post
I'd prefer it, sure. Or at least Leona-level.

I don't mind covered up champs at all. Leona is one of my favorite supports and I love Hilde in Soulcalibur. My only real problem with Vi is her hair. Short hair never looks good on women. Ever.
While I also love long flowing silky smooth wavy hair on women, I don't think short hair can't look good. I've seen women who looked REALLY good with short hair. Besides, end of the day the physical things aren't what truly matter.

Avalon Bright

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeapingLion View Post
That's not the point of my post. I love breasts [my own included] as much as anyone else.
I just get a little tired of the same old thing. I like diversity.
A different cup size would be a nice change for female champions.
There are plenty of smaller-to-average champs. Leona. Diana. Lux. Nami. Fiora. Riven. Kayle (probably). Etc.