Complaining about the New Lore.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vongeo

12-06-2012

I didn't see a thread complaining about Lore on the first page of lore and I thought to myself, Vongeo, You should make a thread were all the Lore complaints can come together and be known. Surely I'm sure a much more noteable figure had done this, but I was going to use fancy rhetoric.

So you wise and in ill-numbers, those who write or know what writing should be or simply have grown attached to stories spurned and recklessly destroyed in the guise of a new take of cannon, let your voices be known. Let them be known so we may one day overcome, one day receive the information we want and one day- have a joj where urgot kills garen. lol

I bet a ruined this thread for a lot of people. Well, I think it had to be something before it got ruined.

complain here etc........

Proelium

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2012

thing is it's easy to lose heart when Riot ignores each and every complaint about their ****ty lore.

Tehpersuns

12-26-2012

The JoJ gave life and flow to an otherwise stagnent world. The reflections gave us a literal glimpse into a champion's mind, and I know I wouldn't love trundle as much without his. I already wrote a thread on what I think of the new lore

/rant

Just my two cent

HerbaNoctis

12-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adradian View Post
thing is it's easy to lose heart when Riot ignores each and every complaint about their ****ty lore.
Addressing complaints creates more problems than it solves, assuming that they're actually spending time on the lore. Because they know that there are problems with the lore. That's indisputable. What does them answering "Yes, we know about this, we're working on it," do for people? Nothing! It just makes them more mad when it doesn't turn up because Riot's actually working hard on it. Look at the Stealth Remake. We had people whining about it for months because Riot had said it was coming, and it didn't come. And once it did come it was actually really good. Decent products take time to create. This isn't home, where everything you want can be bought by mommy or daddy.

Blaine Tog

12-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbaNoctis View Post
Addressing complaints creates more problems than it solves, assuming that they're actually spending time on the lore.
Reassurances that they are spending that time would be nice, though. The Journals of Justice were shut down prior to the start of Season Two. It doesn't take a year to decide on what your new major vehicle for lore will be, and you won't have the many gameplay-related setbacks of a system rework.

Yalmic

02-24-2013

Still no new lore?!?! I just want to know more about my favorate game's universe.
Is that too much to ask?
I've read all the JoJ's where's the new lore???

Chibodee Crocket

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tehpersuns View Post
The JoJ gave life and flow to an otherwise stagnent world. The reflections gave us a literal glimpse into a champion's mind, and I know I wouldn't love trundle as much without his. I already wrote a thread on what I think of the new lore

/rant

Just my two cent
Not to mention they keep gutting old lore while making terrible new lore.

Singed and Shen and many others are still waiting for their lore to be fixed after changes to other relevant lore. I mean why make something cannon when you break several others in the process? They should really not update someone until other affiliated lore doesn't clash with it.

Also the lore has been getting progressively worse since Runaan and IronStylus keep churning it out. Most of Runaan's work ends up reading like poorly written tween fanfiction.

IS149c9d0730e8b88ab7fc5

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibodee Crocket View Post
Most of Runaan's work ends up reading like poorly written tween fanfiction.
Agreed. Oh god the first draft of the original Kat lore was terrible, mind you the current one is still terrible just slightly less ''passionate''.

Pranaya

02-25-2013

Runaan had nothing to do with the Kat Bio, it was RiotRaven who did it. Also if the writing style is to be compared he probably did Karthus as well.

H3llion

02-27-2013

the champions are almost always interesting, themselves, the lore isn't always the best. i.e Elise, she made an evil deal with a spider for eternal youth and lures dozens to their doom every year, ok, why is she here again?