Ranked Champion Select Trolls!?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Davidzon

12-15-2012

I'm new to the ranked scene of league of legends and often play with a friend of mine, when I do play rank, but it has come to my attention on how many trolls there actually is. I feel like at this point of time you'll que up and at least twice a day you'll have to dodge because some little kiddie cried about not getting his spot, and auto locks Ziliean with revive and smite. Is there anything riot can do about this at all, like add a report feature on champion select, or lower the time of ranked que dodge punishment?

Texar

12-15-2012

report them, nothing else to do

Shardbearer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-15-2012

If he auto locks in Zilean with revive and smite, I am willing to bet he either will either dodge the game himself, or he can actually play him in some capacity(will probably see him switch his summoners with a few seconds on the clock), but is hoping he can get someone else to dodge. Twenty five minutes is a long wait time, which is good.

sepetaiya

12-16-2012

ah the champion select ranked trolls, the most numerous type of troll in our community... the sad thing is they usually make the innocent and honorable people dodge, which is their goal when they dont get their way or happen not to like what someone said. Shard says they will dodge, but they wont and dont, because they dont like admitting theyre wrong and dodging themselves would be doing just that.

there are 3 things you can do when this happens

1. if its too bad and enemy team comp is too much stronger, dodge. better to wait 30 minutes than play out a 30 minute tear fest and lose elo when its finally done - want some french cries with that? come to the forums like i am now until the wait time is done. 30 minutes is a fair amount of time because at 2k elo they supposedly dodge at the slightest thing in order to avoid losing.

2. let the kid have his role. chances are you can still win the game. threatening to report him at champ select does nothing but fuel his trolling. remind him, however, of your kindness in letting him take the role. most wont be so kind but remember is all about winning the match. the problem with this is the troll summoner (who for some reason has an honorable badge), then thinks he can do it in every que and people will bow before his demands. so dont forget to explain some ranked etiquette to him and report after the game win or lose if you dont think he was appreciative or understanding about changing his stubborn ways..

3. fight fire with fire. pick order > calling. you know someone is young and inexperienced in ranked when they say 'i called first.' with this option, you are 2nd pick and the troll is last, he wants mid and so do you. Just take mid. By the time it comes to his pick and nothing is left but support, he might go ahead and support depending on how nice you were about taking 'his' role. how to be nice? every que i enter the first thing i say is 'respect pick order please.' not pls or plz or plox. p l e a s e. then if its a real troll last pick who wants to mid and first pick already took it (players > champs so the first pick will be countered if he takes mid thing is a myth), explain to him how in ranked when you are last pick you always fill in because it is what is best for the team. you may shine immediate light on his ranked etiquette and at the same time get the role you wanted.

good luck and have fun my fellow summoners in elo hell!

Gray the Grayte

12-16-2012

See suggestions 6 & 7 in my suggestions thread.

Covers it off nicely I think.