Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Vi, the Piltover Enforcer - Feedback Thread

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Unhealer

12-15-2012

Quote:
Hiphoppopatomus:

Her whole kit focuses on getting in and doing a lot of quick damage through her Q/E/R And procing her W. Saying that she can't sustain well or tank a lot seems kinda silly to me because that's not what she's all about.

This is where we do not agree, in my eyes, Vi is a prolonged fighter- heavy weight boxer, she is completely harmless in a "go in do damage get out" situation, but in a prolonged fight she will wreck you completely apart.

Her ulti>E>Q>E combo is strong, and you might refer to it as "quick damage" though it only happens every 130 seconds and that is not what the champion is about. The mechanic on her W clearly says that she needs a prolonged engagements to make use of the effect:
1st hit = nothing
2nd hit = nothing
3rd hit = reduces armor + deals % HP damage
4th hit = has speed and armor reduced
4th = 5th = 6th = 7th and so on, providing she can keep attacking.

Steroid type of spells are something that is always extremely strong in MOBA games as it scales of everything, scales of damage, lifesteal,crit, proc items, everything. But her Steroid comes only after 3 stacks, and do not get me wrong it is in no way BAD, it just classifies her as a prolonged fighter, because she cannot get 'PUMPED UP' prior to the fight but only during a fight, making her early damage output significantly weaker then her midfight/latefight damage, thus classifying her as a Prolonged fight brawler, rather then a Quick Burster

my 2 cents

phar0ah1

12-15-2012

Quote:
The Unhealer:
This is where we do not agree, in my eyes, Vi is a prolonged fighter- heavy weight boxer, she is completely harmless in a "go in do damage get out" situation, but in a prolonged fight she will wreck you completely apart.

Her ulti>E>Q>E combo is strong, and you might refer to it as "quick damage" though it only happens every 130 seconds and that is not what the champion is about. The mechanic on her W clearly says that she needs a prolonged engagements to make use of the effect:
1st hit = nothing
2nd hit = nothing
3rd hit = reduces armor + deals % HP damage
4th hit = has speed and armor reduced
4th = 5th = 6th = 7th and so on, providing she can keep attacking.

Steroid type of spells are something that is always extremely strong in MOBA games as it scales of everything, scales of damage, lifesteal,crit, proc items, everything. But her Steroid comes only after 3 stacks, and do not get me wrong it is in no way BAD, it just classifies her as a prolonged fighter, because she cannot get 'PUMPED UP' prior to the fight but only during a fight, making her early damage output significantly weaker then her midfight/latefight damage, thus classifying her as a Prolonged fight brawler, rather then a Quick Burster

my 2 cents

Definitely agree! Vi is in no way a burst assassin but more of a top lane brawler and a pretty decent jungler.

The Unhealer

12-15-2012

Quote:
phar0ah1:
Definitely agree! Vi is in no way a burst assassin but more of a top lane brawler and a pretty decent jungler.

Judging from her ability Kit, not from how well she actually does the role.

I play her jungle anyways though, i like to punch stuff.

Khranz

12-15-2012

If you're going to continue to nerf Vi's damage, you're going need to make her shield less punishing as you push her further into the Bruiser role (I can only assume since you're mostly nerfing her scaling it seems). Most other bruisers have always-on or at-the-ready sustain/damage mitigation... Vi's goes off ANY time you use an ability, whether you need it or not, and then you have to suffer the cooldown. A smart opponent will punish you when your shield is down, bait you into using it, or do their best to harass you in ways that are difficult to anticipate (thus hitting you before you can use the shield).

I don't think bringing down the CD would help unless it was very low, and with a correspondingly lower shield amount (I'd much prefer this over the long CD 10% shield).

Make it charge on-hit and activate on ability without the CD (option to use smaller shield more often, or the full shield all at once).
Make it % damage dealt similar to Morde (but maybe on basic attacks instead of abilities).
Make auto-attacking give her a 1sec duration shield that reduces all damage by [x flat amount].

Something... anything... Vi is fun, but her shield is not. It's counter-intuitive and, dare I say, anti-fun.

TheFinalAeon

12-15-2012

Vi's kit makes her seem like Poppy 2.0, just as an AD instead of an AP.

Still haven't played her yet, so that's just my initial impression.

Nabonidus

12-16-2012

A) Is Vi fun to play against and play as?
Definately. She's got some gaping holes in her early game that are exploitable enough for her to have counters, but she turns into a beast late game. So I like her a little better than a lot of other popular bruisers, since she does have a 'tradeoff' stage.

B) Does Vi feel right when you play her?
Now, granted, I've only had the opportunity to play some custom games, so I've been testing builds and using the damage done/taken as a benchmark for efficiency.

Her animations feel spot on. Nothing to change on her.

After a lot of testing, I've come to the conclusion that building her quite a bit like Shyvana works best. As such, my build is:

Black Cleaver
Merc Treads
Wit's End
Frozen Fist
Frozen Heart
Frozen Mallet (Is it getting cold in here or is it just me?)

This build yielded the highest damage taken/damage done, as well as providing a great bit of utility. This build makes her tanky enough to wade through the front lines after prime targets, and offers 2 slowing components to offset her biggest weakness: Sticking power.
Wit's End. GOD this item is good for her. Attack speed for those sweet W procs? Check. MR? Double Check. Scaling MR during extended brawls? Triple Check. Working with Frozen mallet to ensure that if they want to get away, they BETTER have flash on the go? SO many checks.

• Blast Shield: This is her weakest point. As many have said, its uncontrollable nature makes it very lackluster, especially for someone with no sustain. There are 2 possible options to fix this: 1) Decrease the % shield, decrease the cooldown, if we were wanting this passive to be more trade-centric, or 2) Have her shield activate at 25% like Blitz's does, and work on a bank system where every so often the damage you deal is 'deposited' into the shield, if we wanted Vi to be more clutch-sustain-brawler.
  • Vault Breaker: This ability feels like a 2-edged sword. Sadly, the edge facing the user is sharper. The self-slow really cripples her a lot, and considering how little sticking power she has without items, this is a very bad thing. I can't really say I know what could be done here; possibly shorten the charge time? Or, decrease the damage and the cooldown, perhaps, turning into something more Akin to Xin's dash: A reliable sticking maneuver used strictly AS a sticking maneuver?
  • Denting Blows: This passive is Silver Bolts on Crack, and easily what makes Vi so awesome to me. It may not do true damage, but between the armor reduction from it AND Black Cleaver, it might as well be. I feel, perhaps, that the scaling on the % damage may be a little too high (I build her extremely tanky, yet can easily still get an easy 3-4% extra). Other Vi players might dislike me pointing that out, but I'd rather the scaling be adjusted now if need be, before the Nerf Wagon gets ahold of it and uses it to instigate some entire-kit nerfs.
I also agree with one of the other posters: She could definately use an indicator as to when she has the attack speed buff. Burst of steam,

or somesuch.

• Excessive Force: Nothing to say about this one. Good way to spread damage around in a teamfight, solid farming tool. It WOULD be handy, again, to have an indicator of when she has one or both charges ready, to offer the chance to juke or bait them out.
  • Assault and Battery: Terrible as an initiation, amazing as disruption. Overall, it's solid. Definately not an S-tier or even A-tier ult, but still solid. If anything needs looking at on it, probably the cooldown, which feels a little large even with CDR.

Her personality and voice feel fine, though the dance just looks a little clunky to me. Yes, I know what the dougie is. But for some reason the animation while she does it just looks...odd. Oh, and one other thing: she could have used a weeee bit more variety in her lines. It's almost as bad as Vladimir and his blood puns.

Me playing Vi: "No, Vi, I don't CARE what 'Vi' stands for. Please stop."

C) Is Vi someone you feel is worth bringing to a team?
I feel that Vi will make a fine pick in some situations. For example, if your team wants a disruptive tank-buster in a tanky package, I believe she'll work fine. She's definately not what I'd call a "Safe every time" pick (which is good, because the last top to hold that title was Yorick, and we all know we want another Yorick, right?), but she has her place, and I'd certainly not deem her a 'rare pick', but rather a 'moderate situational pick'.

Just for the love of GOD, don't pick her against Teemo. Plz and thx.

Frazzini

12-16-2012

aesthetically, i just don't like her bald spot. i know it's characterful, but in combination with the odd rat tails/dreads she has on the back of her head and the length of hair on the right, it just ends up looking unpleasant

UglyDoge

12-16-2012

A) Is Vi fun to play against and play as?
Yes, she is definitely fun to play as, and challenging to play against.

B) Does Vi feel right when you play her?
She feels good; her play style is pretty straightforward, pick a target and beat their face in, and her kit gets the job done. Her Q also makes for some clutch jukes/chases, which is fun as all hell. Finishing off a fleeing target by hitting a minion with E is fun, too, and gives her some team fight presence.

I don't have strong feelings either way about applying Denting Blows on her ult. You just have to fit an extra autoattack into her combo and it's like nothing is different. The combo was Q->auto->E->ult->auto->E. Now it's Q->auto->E->auto->ult->auto->E. With wit's or TF and furor boots, it's fairly trivial to get that extra auto between the first E and the ult.

The passive doesn't feel useful all of the time, but if it was on-demand the balance would be off, and I'm pretty much ok with how it is now, since I can't really think of a way to improve it.

Levels 1-3 are pretty rough in lane, but after that she feels formidable enough with her Q->auto->E combo to hold her own there against even matchups, and makes her strong against others, but she can still be countered. I wasn't totally impressed with her jungle but I didn't look into that very extensively.

C) Is Vi someone you feel is worth bringing to a team?
For sure. She's great mid-late and would do well on dive comps, I would imagine. Even in non-dive comps, she brings a good amount of disruption and damage to be useful.

LITTLEPEDOPUPPY

12-16-2012

when will she be released live?

CorvusCardinalis

12-16-2012

Quote:
LITTLEPEDOPUPPY:
when will she be released live?

I'd also like to know. My credit card has a ***** for this champion.