Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Vi, the Piltover Enforcer - Feedback Thread

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Unhealer

12-14-2012

Her laning viablity in terms of sustain/tankyness is just tooooooo weak compared to anything that any other brawler has, just compare her passive to that of a malphite.
malphite: has passive up before taking poke damage, passive lasts forever, recharges every time you leave combat for like 8 seconds
vi: not active while you are being poked, lasts only 3 seconds, yes it can be active in a fight but then again so is malphites but this one only 3 sec duration.

Passive is good later, but in lane phase it is useless, so since she has no survivability, she in fact needs to do more damage then what you see other brawlers do, because they can sustain themselves, she cant. She is in good spot now as far as damage goes but her being kited and outsustained is anoying.

As it stands now, all you need to do to beat her in lane is:
1. poke constantly, all the time, BUT never ever engage her all-in like. (that renekton brush combo play, or jayce kind of playstyle)
2. if she trys to engage dont fight her but get back.

She cannot deal good enough with pokes and kiting, she is a monster in a Man-mode combat

Rylentlar

Recruiter

12-14-2012

A) I find playing as her very satisfying. Her somewhat meat and potatoes fighting style is a nice change from the more elegant females in the game. Playing against her was a little nerve wracking at first, but once I learned her animations and maximum ranges I found it only moderately challenging to lane against her.

B) She is slightly clunky, but I feel it fits the overall personality of the character. She's not there to fight you... she is there to beat your face in till it comes out your ass! I find her attack animation is a little off when you get higher attack speed, the uppercuts look really tacky when you are attacking faster and it just feels like she shouldn't be doing damage with them... i feel like an overhand strike or a cross would look and feel nicer.

C) I feel her fitting a role similar to Olaf's, not a full initiator, but a sort of bulldozer that powers her way to vulnerable targets, disrupting and disorganizing foes so that her team can sweep in for cleanup. I do see bad players rushing in headfirst and getting killed before they can be of any use, but the same goes for many champions, especially those like Tryndamere or Sion who feel they have to do damage to stay alive.

Rylentlar

Recruiter

12-14-2012

Quote:
The Unhealer:
Her laning viablity in terms of sustain/tankyness is just tooooooo weak compared to anything that any other brawler has

I agree with you here, though I think she could be an excellent counter to a Jax or Irellia top lane. Anyone who needs that initial fight to win their lane and snowball is going to be hard pressed to cope with Vi

Hiphoppopatomus

12-14-2012

I feel like comparing VI's sustain/tankiness to other bruisers is pointless because that's not what Vi is about.
Her whole kit focuses on getting in and doing a lot of quick damage through her Q/E/R And procing her W.
Saying that she can't sustain well or tank a lot seems kinda silly to me because that's not what she's all about.
That's like saying malphite doesn't have enough damage, when clearly he's about being a balance of damage with tankiness.
I feel like Vi's kit just shifts further to the damage side of the spectrum which is why she can't have more tankiness.

Edit: Thinking back, malphite might be a bad example but you get my point.

blue1star

12-14-2012

I've only played her very briefly, and right around when she first came out in PBE, but I noticed one little thing that bothered me about her ultimate. Upon knocking the target champion up, Vi's ult actually doesn't deal damage there, only after knocking them down. I was talking to a friend who said it was purely a matter of visuals (which it is, my idea won't change anything, just make it feel nicer in my eyes), but I think it should deal maybe half the total damage upon knocking the champion up, and the other half upon knocking them down. This is purely to get that feel of "I've literally been punched in the face so hard it sent me flying into the air" as opposed to "This chick just picked me up and threw me."

Spiku

12-14-2012

Hiphoppopatomus, what you have to consider is that the sustain is talking about her being able to -last- in lane. If she cannot lane, if she cannot farm, she cannot stay in the game, she doesn't get farmed enough to play.

As you've noticed, malphite brings a lot of quick damage with an aoe knockup that trumps her own ulti; he brings more to the team in what he does. But the Xin can equally target a single champion and do grand damage + disables, Riven can do the same but with aoe team hits and more utility

RyuuMasken

12-14-2012

Quote:
blue1star:
I've only played her very briefly, and right around when she first came out in PBE, but I noticed one little thing that bothered me about her ultimate. Upon knocking the target champion up, Vi's ult actually doesn't deal damage there, only after knocking them down. I was talking to a friend who said it was purely a matter of visuals (which it is, my idea won't change anything, just make it feel nicer in my eyes), but I think it should deal maybe half the total damage upon knocking the champion up, and the other half upon knocking them down. This is purely to get that feel of "I've literally been punched in the face so hard it sent me flying into the air" as opposed to "This chick just picked me up and threw me."

This always throws me off when I use her ult rofl. Would like this distribution to happen

blue1star

12-14-2012

Played her a few times now and I definitely think her ult damage should be split into impact damage and knock down damage. Even in the middle of a team fight, it feels so weird seeing the enemy vlad fly into the air for a second without having taken damage. Although I can see why this may not be a great idea, since Vi can still take damage while charging and jumping up, and a team with quick reflexes could actually kill her before she deals any damage to her target.

Khranz

12-14-2012

If Vi can't sustain, she'll be relegated to the jungle. I'm not necessarily opposed to this, but if she keeps getting her damage nerfed there isn't going to be any reason to play her. Other champions do everything she can do and more, with more play options (i.e. top).

Vi is in a weird place between bruiser and assassin right now, and Riot really needs to make up their mind about what her role is or she's going to be stuck in balance limbo.

Altonious

12-14-2012

A bit late into development but when I was actually taking a look at the classic model i noticed she seems messed up anatomically. Her breasts seem to be far too low on her torso. I then looked at the Neon Strike model, which looked fine anatomically. I then set up a side by side so I could compare and it seems as though the position of her breasts on both models are the same relative to other features(I looked at location relative to elbows etc) and they seemed to be the same which struck me as odd, since i see the placement of them fine on one skin yet off on another.

Has anyone else noticed this?