Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Vi, the Piltover Enforcer - Feedback Thread

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dry Oat Meal

12-13-2012

Is there a lore or Vi that i can start reading yet?

Vulking

12-13-2012

Sad that Riot didn't change the awkward backpack with blue energy fro a steam backpack, it would have fit Vi much more.

Daemonkin

12-13-2012

A) Is Vi fun to play against and play as?
I love playing as her playstyle and her personality is just awesome. Have done mostly pvp with her in top lane, usually building or trying to buid: Merc Treads, Frozen Mallet, Black Cleaver, Hydra, Iceborn Gauntlet, Spirit Visage.

Her Q having the charge up was interesting for non team fights it is a useful initiate if they dont see you coming as it telegraphs and is really easy to avoid, other than that I use it after initiating with ult to cc the enemy team

Her W I feel is starting to feel a bit out of place it had been the thing that tied her kit together and while the damage was initally way too high now it doesnt seem to accomplish the goal of tying it together.

Her E is great for poking champs through their minions from under your turret early game or just clearing a wave late game (or busting a turret without minions).

Her R is aweseome visually, although I do think it should still apply her w as she does pick them up and throw them in the ground.

B) Does Vi feel right when you play her?
Yes, with the exception of the removal of the w from her ult. Particulary since the w seems to have had its numbers changed as well

C) Is Vi someone you feel is worth bringing to a team?
Yes, she is capable of building moderately tanky and still has the kit to cause people to target her first, keeping her team alive.

If you have any feedback that doesn't fall under one of the above topics I'd still love to hear it.
My Suggestions for Her would be;
Q Stay as is,
W 6/7/8/9/10% +0.01ad scaling(think it has been set to this scaling already) or no scaling
e Stay as is
R Apply w to all units hit otherwise same

HolyHand6renade

12-13-2012

I can already see Mana cost and Cooldown nerfs on her Q being necessary. AD ratio on the E is a bit too strong. It feels like her W and E were balanced around S2 penetrations. CD on her ult WILL be nerfed because its extremely strong.

Zenmetsu Saseru

12-14-2012

Does Denting Blows do 1 less damage to Junkyard Trundle, because he probably wouldn't notice another dent or two?

RyuuMasken

12-14-2012

I have a few initial opinions about Vi after getting some games in as her and watching her be played.

I feel like her E should do reduced damage on the shockwave. Right now, I can just build brutalizer and destroy minion waves while poking my opponent and generally not interacting with them at all until I want to end them. If I am losing, I can just use E to burst farm and leave.

Also this would create better gameplay for Vi. There should be choices and reward in her E(do I use it to take out this healthy cannon creep and push? should I poke with my shockwave or go all in with a fist to the face? how do I want to spend my stacks?). Right now I feel as if the best choice is to always hit the front of the wave and poke my opponent down while staying out of their range, then going in for the kill with Q or R.

Another thing I thought of but I'm not sure about is adding an easier way to position her E. In Company of Heroes, you can tell units where to position by holding down the right mouse button and dragging in the direction you want them to aim. Something like this could work with Vi, clicking and holding on a target and then tilting the arc to fire where you want it.

The Unhealer

12-14-2012

The way that I see it, removing her Denting blow proc from an ult is a sad thing. If you want to reduce the burst, reduce the damage of the ult and all will be fine, we still want her to be a brawler so that she can punch people in a prolonged fight so reducing W is wrong, reduce the Ulti damage to reduce the burst.

Also a question, where did her Racer (Neon Strike) skin go? I no longer can have it in a PBE and I reeeeealy liked it, specially the blue-pill animations <3

ZeruFenrir

12-14-2012

After a bit more play testing. I personally think the following needs to happen.

W: Needs to be nerfed and have its power re-distributed throughout her kit. This one skill does way too much. Attack Speed + Armor Reduction + scaling % HP damage. The most problematic part is the HP damage, which makes her damage ridiculous no matter how tough the target is.

E: I still feel the AD ratio on this needs to drop a bit, and its base damage needs to go up. This skill is really a 1 point wonder as it is.

R: I feel if Denting Blows is nerfed, R should have it implemented back into it. The synergy was really good, but the power was too high due to the absurd power of her W.

Bambouské

12-14-2012

I think she's currently ok in terms of damage output.

She still has issues about kiting. especially the fact that she get snowballed hard when kited due to the fact that while she's running she's not dealing anything and while she's not dealing anything she's not getting any shield so she's not tanking anything either.

Since her passive is her only defensive ability I really think that she should be able to trigger it with any ability without needing to hit something. Cause currently when you hit nobody you tank nothing so you're litteraly useless and when you get into someone's face you destroy him or make him flee so you don't benefit from you passive either.

Kaiben

12-14-2012

She feels too squishy for me... I don't know. I LOVE playing her, but when you are a champion that is supposed to get down and dirty in the fight, and you are so squishy that you get melted in seconds, its hard to play her.