Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Vi, the Piltover Enforcer - Feedback Thread

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

deputatu

12-13-2012

Quote:
gypsylord:
Patch notes:

W:
Reduced AD scaling to 1% per 35 AD (down from 1% per 30AD)

R:
Reduced base damage to 200/325/450 (down from 200/350/500)
R no longer applies denting blows.

So the nerf I'm guessing you guys are noticing the most is the removal of the denting blows stack on R. From a gameplay standpoint I really dislike this change. It majorly cuts into Vi's flow and combo feel. From a balance standpoint however we think it may be necessary as a way to tone down Vi's burst damage (WHICH WAS INSANELY HIGH) without having to make the bases on her W, E or R feel awful on their own. The reason she's bursting so hard right now is her ult basically guarantees that she will instantly proc denting blows. The combo is R, auto, E+W proc, Q, auto, E+W proc. That's a HUGE amount of burst. Removing the denting blows from the ult seems to solve this.

The question I have for you guys is this:
How unfun is it having denting blows removed from the ult? Do you want it back? If so, what would be a better feeling way to nerf Vi's burst in place of this change? Should we hit W base damage? W AD ratio? E damage? Base AD? What do you guys think?

Careful with that nerf hammer right there`s all i`m saying. Removing denting off of her ult cut alot out of her combo kit.

VI is weak already as it is against any champion with mobility, basically if you pick her 1st in a ranked you are just asking for that teemo/jayce/nida/kayle/etc to come wreck you(maybe teemo not so much with the current nerfs but he`s still a strong counter to her).

So please do take into consideration the fact that in order to pull off that insane damage of hers(which isn`t all that insane when compared to let`s say darius) you need to STICK to your target! Now i can only envision that happy jayce saying "you have no cc? meet the q+e wrecking hammer then swap to cannon to blast her" and if you continue to downscale her damage too much she`ll end up being too weak to stand against those types of characters, which she already had a hard time against as it was.

Spiku

12-13-2012

This is one of my major concerns in pbe; Vi is not comparing favourably against the other top laners, and her burst is only impressive if she is keeping her items ahead of others without consideration of wanting a slow or team to assist in sticking. I'm not saying I expect her to end up like release Yorick, where he could do nothing at all, and I certainly don't think that on her original upscaled release she was anywhere near release Xin level, where if you got Xin you won.

A lot of the fear over Vi's damage truly seems to be from the fact that, owing to her being new, people are simply not used to dealing with her; pbe opinion of malz' ult was that it was too powerful, and then release he fell by the wayside entirely. My most recent game with Vi had me quadrakilling the enemy and having a huge kda ratio; but I know that because of how weak the players were I could have done the same with Eve or Riven or Kat or Vayne had I been so fed

Synthesse

12-13-2012

Quote:
gypsylord:
Patch notes:

W:

R:

So the nerf I'm guessing you guys are noticing the most is the removal of the denting blows stack on R. From a gameplay standpoint I really dislike this change. It majorly cuts into Vi's flow and combo feel. From a balance standpoint however we think it may be necessary as a way to tone down Vi's burst damage (WHICH WAS INSANELY HIGH) without having to make the bases on her W, E or R feel awful on their own. The reason she's bursting so hard right now is her ult basically guarantees that she will instantly proc denting blows. The combo is R, auto, E+W proc, Q, auto, E+W proc. That's a HUGE amount of burst. Removing the denting blows from the ult seems to solve this.

How unfun is it having denting blows removed from the ult? Do you want it back? If so, what would be a better feeling way to nerf Vi's burst in place of this change? Should we hit W base damage? W AD ratio? E damage? Base AD? What do you guys think?

It seems like you're doing a lot to nerf her burst, but she didn't seem overall OP. Without her burst potential, she'll be a lot weaker. Can we at least see her tankiness buffed perhaps, so now that she can't burst as hard, she can at least get the same amount of damage out since she's able to stay in the fight longer?
Don't want to see her UP on release then left alone forever like Skarner or Yorick...

Ravechaosknight

12-13-2012

Quote:
gypsylord:
Patch notes:

W:

R:

Hmmm, I really feel letting her ult apply it, but making nerfs to Denting blows is the way to go. I mean I believe what your going for is something like Jax or Lee Sin you know someone that is inherently tanky and bursty, but needs to use their whole kit wisely to pull off sweeps or be shut down. Instead I feel Denting blows adds a lot of intangible power which is leading her down the Irelia/Rengar path. (only thing stopping this is the fact that she has no innate sustain, which is having the effect of needing more intangible power creating some sort of power loop.)

Anywho, I'm no pro, and don't particularly like "intangible power" champs so I might be somewhat biased. lol I'm more of a sit in your face and wail on you until on of us is dead type. Call me old fashioned(No seriously, my gaming background is turn based RPG's, so I have the bad habit of "Grinding for items", then walking up and dualing it out with the closest enemy champion, lol.) So, yeah, subtly is not my forte. :P

patroy89

12-13-2012

Vi is extremely fun to play as. She have great abilities and great combos. Right now I think she is quite too OP. She will need some nerf or at least nerf that black cleaver XD.But other than that, she is quite hard to play against.

I do love to play her in the jungle, she clear camp fast even tho she's a melee, her abilities (her e) make her a great jungler and a great ganker with 'q' and 'r'. From what I saw, she seems to be a great top lane champion too

She is worth to bring in the team, after some little nerfing, but she will bring some great team fights for sure.

sergeantpickle

12-13-2012

I feel Vi should definitely keep the sustained damage built into her W. I think the removal of Denting Blows proc from her R is the best move since otherwise W would be nerfed.

I will be wanting to stack health and defense on her to take advantage of her passive and rely on the % max HP of W to do sustained damage while peeling/ccing and being overall annoyingly tanky in team fights while dealing favorable damage. Catching that squishy champion with my ultimate so my team can blow them up is going to feel so rewarding.

My only DPS items would be black cleaver and triforce (maybe building the phage into a frozen mallot sometimes). The rest would be defensive such as sunfire and bulwark. Come to think of it... I'd probably grab Wit's End on her for faster W procs.

She doesn't have a proper kit to be a bursty assassin anyways. She's like the bruiser version of Vayne with the difference being the ultimates.

She seems like she would be similar to Riven but stacking AD on Riven is so effective because of her AoE and AD scaling shield. Vi has AD and health (passive) scaling.

profGnardian

12-13-2012

Quote:
gypsylord:
Patch notes:

W:

R:

I think the removal of denting blows on the ult feels fine. Please don't nerf W anymore though.

phar0ah1

12-13-2012

Quote:
gypsylord:
Patch notes:

W:

R:

From a balance standpoint I think the nerf is good. Her ult gets her in range, deals some nice damage and has a knockup. From a game play standpoint, it does make her ult seem less Vi. You kinda expect someone charging at you with HUGE gauntlets and slamming you to the ground to do some kinda denting! XD

Overall though, it does not make her Ult any less fun and she is still fine without it. I suppose you could tweak her E damage/ratio since that ability can be cast in pretty quick succession if she has both charges available.

MuhahaEvilPanini

12-13-2012

I just wish she would'nt be so tanky if shes going to dish out that amount of damage. But overall not too op. ^.^

sergeantpickle

12-13-2012

Does Q dash through creeps? "...stops upon colliding with an enemy champion..."

Also, applies Denting Blows to all enemies hit. Does that mean it hits for 10% max health to all hit?