Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Vi, the Piltover Enforcer - Feedback Thread

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Veissdrachen

12-12-2012

I haven't yet tried her with the new changes, but I did feel that her burst was a little ridiculous, to the point that I could kill someone without even really trying. Overall though, I think her ultimate wouldn't feel very "ultimate" if it didn't apply her W passive. I feel that it undoes some of the cohesion of her kit.

However, in the interest of balance, I think the ultimate should trade the ability to proc Denting Blows, in favor of slightly higher scaling. She seems to be designed as a bruiser, and a scaling increase would make the ultimate stronger in the lategame than early on.

For an interesting power tradeoff: Why not allow her ultimate to reset the cooldown of her passive immediately, or temporarily cause the cone effect of E to double in width?

Prince Kassad

12-12-2012

Thank you for removing Denting Blows from the ultimate! That was the change I recommended on like page 18 or something lol.

It doesn't bother me. The ultimate feels so fun anyway that no one is gonna be upset that it doesn't apply her W.

Redeemed In Fire

12-12-2012

<this is one person upset that it doesn't apply Denting Blows

NyuuNeeChan

12-12-2012

Her q is hell to use without smartcasting for me

RedPlanet

12-12-2012

I am all for removing power from her W rather than the active abilities, even if you don't like the idea. Reason being that I would rather see the passive ability gutted than to feel less impact from the active abilities.

Bursting weaker targets was the most fun I had with the character. Those are the active abilities that feel like you're doing something. W is just a lot of power on a more or less passive ability that's not particularly fun to use. It's there, but you don't really notice it like you would with Vayne - it's secondary compared to the visceral feedback from auto -> E and other combos, positioning for Q and E, etc.

The main time I noticed W was in jungle clearing.

orakio

12-12-2012

At this point Vi's ultimate feels like a less versatile version of nautilus or malphites ultis to me. They all share similar Cd's and base damage numbers, although Vi's scales a bit better. malphite is longer range faster moving mass knockup for longer duration and doesn't lock him out of abilities like vi does while she is piledriving the opponent. Nautilus has a longer cast range, can be used to engage or disengage and has longer cc on primary target and much longer on secondary target. In addition nautilus ultimate can be used on a secondary target without disengaging from primary respomsibility letting him cc the enemy ADC while peeling for his own carries.

To be honest I think Vi's ultimate should retain the denting blows proc but drastically reduce the baseline damage(100/175/250 base). This makes it more about the utility aspects(initiating/getting her denting blow aspeed buff up) and less of a pure damage tool. Doing it this way could also create more diversity in her builds as it creates a tougher decision between leveling W early or later. W for sustained damage and burst on ulti vs Q for mobility and better engagement outside ulti vs E for wave clearing/poke harass. As it is right now, W is just a 1 point wonder until late game.

Vulking

12-12-2012

Make Vi ultimate have a small (SMALL) after effect knock up when she slam her target on the ground.

Aquilux

12-12-2012

Quote:
gypsylord:
Patch notes:

W:
Reduced AD scaling to 1% per 35 AD (down from 1% per 30AD)

R:
Reduced base damage to 200/325/450 (down from 200/350/500)
R no longer applies denting blows.

So the nerf I'm guessing you guys are noticing the most is the removal of the denting blows stack on R. From a gameplay standpoint I really dislike this change. It majorly cuts into Vi's flow and combo feel. From a balance standpoint however we think it may be necessary as a way to tone down Vi's burst damage (WHICH WAS INSANELY HIGH) without having to make the bases on her W, E or R feel awful on their own. The reason she's bursting so hard right now is her ult basically guarantees that she will instantly proc denting blows. The combo is R, auto, E+W proc, Q, auto, E+W proc. That's a HUGE amount of burst. Removing the denting blows from the ult seems to solve this.

The question I have for you guys is this:
How unfun is it having denting blows removed from the ult? Do you want it back? If so, what would be a better feeling way to nerf Vi's burst in place of this change? Should we hit W base damage? W AD ratio? E damage? Base AD? What do you guys think?

I still don't think she ever had as much burst or as much sustain as Mr. Jax, haha.

IS1f8503f117a54ace99a84

12-12-2012

Quote:
gypsylord:
Patch notes:

W:
Reduced AD scaling to 1% per 35 AD (down from 1% per 30AD)

R:
Reduced base damage to 200/325/450 (down from 200/350/500)
R no longer applies denting blows.

So the nerf I'm guessing you guys are noticing the most is the removal of the denting blows stack on R. From a gameplay standpoint I really dislike this change. It majorly cuts into Vi's flow and combo feel. From a balance standpoint however we think it may be necessary as a way to tone down Vi's burst damage (WHICH WAS INSANELY HIGH) without having to make the bases on her W, E or R feel awful on their own. The reason she's bursting so hard right now is her ult basically guarantees that she will instantly proc denting blows. The combo is R, auto, E+W proc, Q, auto, E+W proc. That's a HUGE amount of burst. Removing the denting blows from the ult seems to solve this.

The question I have for you guys is this:
How unfun is it having denting blows removed from the ult? Do you want it back? If so, what would be a better feeling way to nerf Vi's burst in place of this change? Should we hit W base damage? W AD ratio? E damage? Base AD? What do you guys think?

well it lost loads of the fun and i ofc want it back the problem were that W is great 1 point skill which made her burst without lvling W insane but a good idea to fix that is making W weaker at earlier lvls and same at lvl 5 so she lose some dmg for making W strong i think something like 4/6/7/8/10% so its weak in early lvls but same when maxed would help a lot and make it feel perfect again
EDIT:also a good idea is make it lets say 4/5/6/7/8% but increase her scaling to lets say 1% per 25 AD? so deppending on what u guys feel better i think those 2 ideas r the best 2
EDIT2:or if u REAAAAALLY have to make the ult unable to proc W stack then atleast give her back the 200/350/500 again but that wont make her fun as she were and i really like her and dont want her to be less fun at all even if bit less stronger but i want her to keep the fun
EDIT3:may i have a red response here so i understand? her is just small knock up to ppl in way(not much 1 only if lucky ppl move away) and knock up for primary target and WEAAAK dmg its just gap close now weak and no fun so plz buff her ratio or base dmg even that or give her the W proc again if u dissagree i would like to know y plz
P.S. her shield CD is so long make it less or best option is to make it affected by CDR

Tiklmesilly

12-12-2012

I really enjoyed playing her.

her Q had a really long range when fully charged but takes a while to do so and does little dmg when not charged. But it does apply her W and that is really good. i also really disliked how she stops moveing when you start to charge her q making het stop and then slowing her move speed makes it hard to use to chase faster champs.

Her W feels really good atm.

Her E is pretty nice. I think the CD at lower ranks a little high but at rank 5 its perfect. i feel like the dmg bonus on it is a little (very small buff at most) low but using it to reset attack and proc w faster is great and the aoe is nice. the biggest problem with it is she suffers from the same thing trundle still does and that is if she gets enough attack speed her E actually slows her attacks down.

Her R is in a really nice spot i dont think it needs to be changed at all.

i am not sure how i feel about her passive. at low lvls it is worse then malphites for laning about the same for jungle. at higher lvls its ability to proc multiple times comes into play. i would like to see its usefulness normalized across lvls with out making it inferior to malphites.