Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


Vi, the Piltover Enforcer - Feedback Thread

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Malurth

Senior Member

12-12-2012

- Lower base AD: A lot of her damage is sheen procs.
- Lower W base damage at early ranks, like 4/5.5/7/8.5/10%
- Keep the ult applying denting blows.

...is what I would say if she only played top. This would damage her jungle a lot, though.

So maybe something more like...

- Lower the ult base damage even more, stack denting blows back on.

The issue is her burst, yes? But that burst is gimped without the ult, so if you wanna nerf her burst, nerf her ult. That way she can still jungle effectively. The ult is already inherently powerful for the gap closer and insta-denting blows stack. The free damage is the icing on the cake.

Something like 150/275/400 + denting blows would probably work. Granted, this is quite low base damage for an ult (single target, at that), but still.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DiscworldDeath

Senior Member

12-12-2012

Also, gypsy, here is an interesting question for you, do you intend to make her more bruiserish, or more AD Caster/assassin? If the latter, then making her passive affected by CDR (directly) or having its CD go down by 1 second for each ability you use (indirectly affected by CDR), you can thus make CDR more lucrative to her.

Regardless, I think she feels very combo-ish, and you can reward her combo-like nature by perhaps reducing the CD of her passive by 0.5-1 seconds for each time she uses an ability (or perhaps procs W) would make you feel good for performing the combo nature of her kit, or for bursting with her rather than just trying to go for protracted fights with her non-sticky kit.

It also feels a bit more cohesive with passives such as those seen on Ziggs and Nocturne, but yeah, less fitting for the Garen/Malphite passives which are a bit more similar to hers.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DiscworldDeath

Senior Member

12-12-2012

Quote:
Malurth:
- Lower base AD: A lot of her damage is sheen procs.
- Lower W base damage at early ranks, like 4/5.5/7/8.5/10%
- Keep the ult applying denting blows.

...is what I would say if she only played top. This would damage her jungle a lot, though.

So maybe something more like...

- Lower the ult base damage even more, stack denting blows back on.

The issue is her burst, yes? But that burst is gimped without the ult, so if you wanna nerf her burst, nerf her ult. That way she can still jungle effectively. The ult is already inherently powerful for the gap closer and insta-denting blows stack. The free damage is the icing on the cake.

Something like 150/275/400 + denting blows would probably work. Granted, this is quite low base damage for an ult (single target, at that), but still.


Nerfing her ult base damages has another result, it lowers her AoE damage as well, since her ult applies 75% of the damage to secondary targets. So this must also be considered regarding such a change. The Denting Blows is only for her single target burst.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kchaosrei

Senior Member

12-12-2012

What if R only added one or 2 count to denting blows? That way its not triggering it in itself. But it would still feel like its part a combo system


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lykurgus

Recruiter

12-12-2012

After going through a quick dry run of the new build, she doesn't feel too much different, though a lot of her burst is taken away (which doesn't upset me too much lol) that only thing I can suggest is, if it's not already implemented and I didn't notice it, her ult make resets the timer on the stacks (I know one isn't present though).


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DiscworldDeath

Senior Member

12-12-2012

Quote:
Kchaosrei:
What if R only added one or 2 count to denting blows? That way its not triggering it in itself. But it would still feel like its part a combo system


That's how it already worked. The abilities only add 1 proc. Still need 3.

gypsylord, sorry I'm a bit spammy in the thread, but this just made me think back to the Xin Zhao rework.
Xin usually Es to a target, then ults them. Part of the reason I remember being brought for E dealing magic damage is because you don't want to proc the armour shred after you use a physical damage nuke.

Likewise, it already is that a large part of Vi's burst is going to occur before she procs the W on the target - meaning a large part of her potential burst is already negated in practise (and if she got 3 hits on you before using a single ability, and has all of her CDs, you're likely dead regardless).

The W proc removal from W is going to reduce her burst by more than the simple numbers show - not just 1 less W proc, but an additional strike/ability used afterwards where the enemy has non-shredded armour values.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zenmetsu Saseru

Senior Member

12-12-2012

Quote:
gypsylord:
Patch notes:

W:
Reduced AD scaling to 1% per 35 AD (down from 1% per 30AD)

The effective change is small, which is good. But damn and blast, that 1% could make a world of difference.

Quote:
gypsylord:
The question I have for you guys is this:
How unfun is it having denting blows removed from the ult? Do you want it back? If so, what would be a better feeling way to nerf Vi's burst in place of this change? Should we hit W base damage? W AD ratio? E damage? Base AD? What do you guys think?

If we have to change something else in place for it, I would keep the ult as it is. Without the rest of her kit as it is, she wouldn't be able to help the rest of the team as effectively as she should.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Level 9 Zubat

Senior Member

12-12-2012

Honestly I think it would make more sense to remove it from her Q since she can cast it so often late game, and keep Denting Blows on her ultimate. Then again, removing it from Q would hurt her early game quite a bit...

I'm not really sure how to balance it out, but her ultimate doesn't *feel* as epic as it did before, with the damage nerf and the removal of Denting Blows.

Maybe make her ultimate proc Denting Blows on the people she violently shoves out of her way on the way to the main target instead? Would achieve what you want, lowering her single target burst, but add some extra group damage and utility (armor shred) and when she reaches her main target, she has the attack speed bonus from the proc.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mensidiaverne

Senior Member

12-12-2012

Well done with her splash art. You guys definitely did not disappoint.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

aahdin

Senior Member

12-12-2012

Quote:
Malurth:
- Lower base AD: A lot of her damage is sheen procs.
- Lower W base damage at early ranks, like 4/5.5/7/8.5/10%
- Keep the ult applying denting blows.

...is what I would say if she only played top. This would damage her jungle a lot, though.

So maybe something more like...

- Lower the ult base damage even more, stack denting blows back on.

The issue is her burst, yes? But that burst is gimped without the ult, so if you wanna nerf her burst, nerf her ult. That way she can still jungle effectively. The ult is already inherently powerful for the gap closer and insta-denting blows stack. The free damage is the icing on the cake.

Something like 150/275/400 + denting blows would probably work. Granted, this is quite low base damage for an ult (single target, at that), but still.


If the problem is burst idk why you'd nerf her W. That's where her sustained comes from, and she needs it to jungle. Same deal with her base ad.


Just nerf the base damages.