Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Vi, the Piltover Enforcer - Feedback Thread

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DiscworldDeath

12-11-2012

Quote:
gypsylord:

Example: You're chasing a sona and start to charge Q. While charging you click Sona but then realize J4 is about to gank you so at the last moment you pull a 180 and dash back towards your tower.

If the Q didn't cancel the move command you'd immediately turn around after the dash and start walking towards Jarvan and Sona since that was the last place you right clicked. Not ideal

From what I've seen, you'll still walk towards Sona right now. As I said, if you issue an A-move command, and then Q, then she keeps walking towards the person you targeted.

gaara6666

12-11-2012

Wow They nerfed her ult AGAIN. Now the damage is scaled back AND it no longer applies her Denting blows. Way to ruin her. I mean seriously. the cooldown on it is not bad but to take away the denting blows turns this ult into a piece of trash. It does not feel like an ultimate anymore just a overpowered Q. I was so excited for this champion too. but now I am just disappointed to the extreme that her ult is just a single target Graves' ult now. "immune to crowd control" BIG WHOOP TEE DOO. So is Fiora's ult. Put denting blows back in and stop ruining champions with over nerfing so it will not take 4 tries to fix something that was never a problem to begin with like so many other champs. Her low attack speed makes her item dependant just to use denting blows to begin with.

kamikazplatypus

12-11-2012

Quote:
gypsylord:
Greetings PBE Summoners,
I am happy to announce that our final champion of the year is now (or soon will be) available for testing on the PBE.

Allow me to introduce Vi, the Piltover Enforcer. Imagine two giant hextech gauntlets. Now imagine a total badass who loves using those gauntlets to hit things. Hard. That's Vi in a nutshell.

Have you ever wished you could punch an enemy with such an impact that you hit the enemies behind it? If your answer is yes, you may enjoy playing Vi.

Have you ever had the desire to wind up a punch powerful enough to carry you across the battlefield, clocking anyone unlucky enough to get in your way? If your answer is yes, you may enjoy playing Vi.

Have you ever wanted to indiscriminately bowl through an enemy team, wiping the smirk off that AD carry's face as you slam it into the ground? If your answer is yes, well, you get the idea.

Vi is all about powerful punches. She's a high mobility high damage bruiser who picks a target, launches herself into the fray, and makes that target deal with her. So what are you waiting for? Go try her out. I'd love to hear your feedback. Best of luck on the Fields of Justice!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have three major things I'm looking for feedback on:

A) Is Vi fun to play against and play as?
- Is this a champion you enjoy playing? Is this a champion that you are okay having on the opposing team? Do you feel there are ample opportunities for counterplay? What aspects of her are frustrating? What aspects are really cool?

B) Does Vi feel right when you play her?
-Are her punches too sluggish? Too fast? What are you building? Does it feel good on her? Should it feel good on her? Are you hitting skills when you expect to hit them? Do her animations and particles look right? How are her sounds? Is she too loud? Too quiet? etc.

C) Is Vi someone you feel is worth bringing to a team?
Assuming she eventually hits a "balanced" state, when you see someone on your team pick her are you going to feel good about it? Why or why not?

If you have any feedback that doesn't fall under one of the above topics I'd still love to hear it.

If you find a bug don't post it here!
There's another thread for that: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2874659

PS:
It's pronounced like the word "vie." (sounds like: "Vying for control&quot

A: she is super fun to play and there is nothing in her kit that is frustrating so id say you nailed both of those on the head

B:her attack animation is a little sluggish and i cant see myself going much attack speed so a quality of life tweak may be needed, i tried tanky with some armor pen which i think is the best bet since she has a great ult for diving the carry etc, only concern is her Q ability (cant remember the name ) tends to go a little further than indicated (very noticable when fully charged) and he E may need to be dropped down a little bit either in terms of range or dmg due to base damage being slightly too high at the moment (i last played her a few days ago i would guess the 10th)

C: i think at the moment she is good for just her ultimate but i feel in order to truly be an asset to a competitive environment there should be some sort of cc to help her stick to her target a little bit better in team fights, at the moment she ults the backline and makes it there no problem but with champions like Ez Graves Cait and Corki who all have easy ways to jump away once you get there she needs just a tiny bit more help (especially seeing as how those are the most common Ad champs in the game. I would say a slightly more noticeable stagger time on her Q would be just enough or have denting blows apply an attack speed debuff on target instead of an attack speed buff for Vi.

All in all i think Vi is a great champ and with some tweaks will be a fun and enjoyable champ who i would be happy to see on my team in game, Keep on keeping on riot

gaara6666

12-11-2012

to answer question B. she did feel right....before they obliterated her ultimate into being useless

kamikazplatypus

12-11-2012

Quote:
kamikazplatypus:
A: she is super fun to play and there is nothing in her kit that is frustrating so id say you nailed both of those on the head

B:her attack animation is a little sluggish and i cant see myself going much attack speed so a quality of life tweak may be needed, i tried tanky with some armor pen which i think is the best bet since she has a great ult for diving the carry etc, only concern is her Q ability (cant remember the name ) tends to go a little further than indicated (very noticable when fully charged) and he E may need to be dropped down a little bit either in terms of range or dmg due to base damage being slightly too high at the moment (i last played her a few days ago i would guess the 10th)

C: i think at the moment she is good for just her ultimate but i feel in order to truly be an asset to a competitive environment there should be some sort of cc to help her stick to her target a little bit better in team fights, at the moment she ults the backline and makes it there no problem but with champions like Ez Graves Cait and Corki who all have easy ways to jump away once you get there she needs just a tiny bit more help (especially seeing as how those are the most common Ad champs in the game. I would say a slightly more noticeable stagger time on her Q would be just enough or have denting blows apply an attack speed debuff on target instead of an attack speed buff for Vi.

All in all i think Vi is a great champ and with some tweaks will be a fun and enjoyable champ who i would be happy to see on my team in game, Keep on keeping on riot

Ok so just went through the thread and read some stuff so now im gonna say the attack speed buff isnt the best so the swapping for attk spped slow would be an interesting experiment, if you really are adamant about making it hard for her to stick to people i guess then its frozen fist time (also please try and change the name back half the community calls it frozen fist so may as well lol ) but all in all still think she is fun with a sluggish attack speed which is workable but feels a little off

gypsylord

Champion Designer

12-12-2012

Patch notes:

W:
Reduced AD scaling to 1% per 35 AD (down from 1% per 30AD)

R:
Reduced base damage to 200/325/450 (down from 200/350/500)
R no longer applies denting blows.

So the nerf I'm guessing you guys are noticing the most is the removal of the denting blows stack on R. From a gameplay standpoint I really dislike this change. It majorly cuts into Vi's flow and combo feel. From a balance standpoint however we think it may be necessary as a way to tone down Vi's burst damage (WHICH WAS INSANELY HIGH) without having to make the bases on her W, E or R feel awful on their own. The reason she's bursting so hard right now is her ult basically guarantees that she will instantly proc denting blows. The combo is R, auto, E+W proc, Q, auto, E+W proc. That's a HUGE amount of burst. Removing the denting blows from the ult seems to solve this.

The question I have for you guys is this:
How unfun is it having denting blows removed from the ult? Do you want it back? If so, what would be a better feeling way to nerf Vi's burst in place of this change? Should we hit W base damage? W AD ratio? E damage? Base AD? What do you guys think?

blah12321blah

12-12-2012

Quote:
gypsylord:
Patch notes:

W:

R:

So the nerf I'm guessing you guys are noticing the most is the removal of the denting blows stack on R. From a gameplay standpoint I really dislike this change. It majorly cuts into Vi's flow and combo feel. From a balance standpoint however we think it may be necessary as a way to tone down Vi's burst damage (WHICH WAS INSANELY HIGH) without having to make the bases on her W, E or R feel awful on their own. The reason she's bursting so hard right now is her ult basically guarantees that she will instantly proc denting blows. The combo is R, auto, E+W proc, Q, auto, E+W proc. That's a HUGE amount of burst. Removing the denting blows from the ult seems to solve this.

How unfun is it having denting blows removed from the ult? Do you want it back? If so, what would be a better feeling way to nerf Vi's burst in place of this change? Should we hit W base damage? W AD ratio? E damage? Base AD? What do you guys think?

Whatever you do, don't nerf E more.

Darklarik

12-12-2012

Send my regards to the Artist who gave her an insane HUGE ASS.

THANK YOU!

NotBuzzJack

12-12-2012

Hitting her ult with 2 denting blows stacks on the guy is a really satisfying finisher, so I'm sad to see it go. But the real source of her burst is Sheen, that thing is nutty on her. Drop her base AD and see how that tones her damage down.
Or you could increase the cooldown on E, because 1 second in between casts lets her get denting blows procs way too fast.

LightEcho

12-12-2012

Quote:
gypsylord:
Patch notes:

W:

R:

I think the optimal burst combo was Q> auto>E , W procs, R >auto>E> another W proc. so that R damage got the armor shred.