Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Vi, the Piltover Enforcer - Feedback Thread

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tamburlaine

12-10-2012

I only played her a bit, but what I played, I really liked. Her kit is really fun to combo around with.
However, I do feel that her e is a bit too much on towers. It's like I'm playing as a really farmed Nasus when I attack towers with her e.
Altogether, I feel that she is really fun and I will probably day one buy her!

Ossaris

12-10-2012

I have played a few games with her already and I feel that she is incredibly fun to play and her kit just makes her combos simply heart-wrenching.

My initial thoughts:

1. Her q has massive range. When fully charged, it is better than flash.
2. Her w is percent based (high percent based) and procs everything (turrets, inhib, nexus included)
3. Her e is simply OP. It clears waves in no time (it is 1.16% of AD). Not to mention that it also procs everything (turrets, inhib, nexus included.
4. Her ult isn't insane, but the ratios are pretty strong. It can be nerfed, but does not have to
5. Her passive is also amazing. It's basically a malphite shield (stats are same). Though it is time tiered. it is 18 seconds at start, but by end game, it is like 5 seconds.
6. She also has an attack speed boost built into her w. Every third hit, she drops armor, attack speed, and damage. In return, she gains all three. This probably needs to either be nerfed in stats or amount (she should only get 1 or 2 of these instead of all three.
7. Black cleaver is straight OP on her. but that is the norm for bruisers right now
8. I think it's a bug, but you can get Frozen Mallet to proc off of her q as well as the aoe damage on her e
9. In conjunction with everything else, she has 350 movement (base) so she can run you down lvl 1
10. Other notes. The only other thing that I found that may be worth noting is that her base health regen is pretty strong, but it's not terrible. I could go either way with this.

Simply put, she is incredibly fun to play. But for right now, she needs a bit of work (I think). The only thing keeping her from being the most OP champ ever is the fact that she doesn't have a significant form of lifesteal. With a little tweaking, she can become a pretty solid addition to the League.

Liam Geegeeson

12-10-2012

Good news everyone!

First of all, this will probably get a lot of downvotes and I will probably be mocked for posting this, but I don't care. I have the right to post, and whether you like it or not is not my problem.

That said, this will NOT be a troll or flame post. just happened to realize that Vi, the Piltover Enforcer is quite similar to a thread of a champion concept I made called Malik, the Bilgewater Brawler wayyy before she even came out. So I thought it would feel nice if I had other people look at the similarities and I figured it'd be enjoyable for others to see as well.

My champion URL: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2211611&highlight=malik

Please also make sure to look at the 'Updates' section as I had made changes to him in the past.

Also notice their lores are similar.

Here are the similarities:

Both her Q and E are very similar to Malik's Q and W. Her Q has the dash just like Malik which is implemented in the second cast. The only difference is that the nuke of the jab on Malik comes in Vi's second cast along with the dash. It's a charge-up.

Malik's W and Vi's E is similar in the sense that they are basically enhanced auto-attacks. The only difference is that Malik's is only cooldowns and Vi has to store the punches. Either than that they are almost identical.

The on-hit effects of every 3rd strike implemented in Vi's W could possibly be inspired by a suggestion made by 'BedderDanu' in the thread who suggest making his W an on-hit ability.

Vi's passive is Malik's E in the sense that it is a shield.

Vi's ultimate is Malik's old ultimate and his new one combined. His old on one was like Malphite in the sense that it knocked up a target AoE and his new one is a punch that works like Draven's 'Stand Aside.' Both these aspects are essentially Vi's ultimate.

Tempest TL

12-10-2012

So this is my initial Impression of VI

Her damage is absolutely ridiculous. I mean.. its probably the best scaling damage from any bruiser in the game..

Her mechanics.. REALLY FUN..

As for her skills, I think maybe a little too rewarding? Her q giving her 10% of her health as a shield every 8 seconds basically.. makes her jungle really easy, and team fights.. very tricky for focusing her.

Her q, great for escapes, and IF you manage to land a fully charged q, does a TRUCKLOAD of damage.

Her W, More punchy = more hurty, which is great, the damage scaling on this is as it should be.. maybe even lower the armor pen a lil at early levels..

Her E, great wave clear, makes her 1) a very viable jungler, and 2) a very scary laner. cause hitting a 3 hit combo is easy for a massive damage boost with q--> auto attack --> e

and her R... finally her R.. the TRUE Dunks of dunks.. saying GTFOTHAT*InsertBwordhere*ISMINE and knocking the entire enemy team aside to rush into the ADC, lift him up, knock him down, and end up BEHIND him, and the team, into an E that hits the whole team.. is really rewarding to see.

She is gonna be a SCARY scary champ to play with or against.. and I can see her added to the permaban list of champs in ranked!

Rob the Reaper

12-10-2012

Vi was really fun to play -- and I normally am a mage/ranged/support player, so that's saying a lot for me. I am pretty concerned that she is OP as she stands. Until level 6, it was no fun because you couldn't really close a gap. Once you got phage and your ult, you had really good closing ability and it was kind of ridiculous. (It was a bot game, but I ended up with a really easy penta at the end.)

SandDjinn

12-10-2012

So i gotta ask gypsylord, did you take any inspiration from Terry Bogard when making Vi because she screams female Terry. Her Vault Breaker is Terry's Burn Knuckle, Excessive Force is like Power Geyser, Assault and Battery is Power Dunk, and if you can combo Vault Breaker into Excessive force its Buster Wolf.

So is this just a HUGE coincidence or was there inspiration there. Either way i invoke the right of "sense of entitlement over the internet" and ask for a Terry Bogard-esque skin. Make it legendary ill gladly pay for it. i want to hear an " ARE YOU OK!?"

Orphane

12-10-2012

I'm sure this has been mentioned before somewhere, but can she get an "OHHHH YEAH!" line when she punches through a wall and hits someone on the other side?

Please?

P.S. Also an ORA ORA ORA when she finishes a W combo.

Ginga

Recruiter

12-10-2012

So anyone else notice how awkwardly uncomfortable Vi's laugh is?

It sounds like a shrunken Gragas laughing...or this woman from one of Family Guy's cutaway gag laughing. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lQ0-dwl7wo)

Gadalar

12-10-2012

So riot did you ever put any thought into her kit cause that W armor break has started to get exploited to the point no one can 1v1 her now and I do mean no one can 1v1 her.

AIodia

12-10-2012

i hope that this post gets read, because there's already so much post before me...:

Vi feels balanced and very fun to play, but here's my concerns:

she's somewhat squishy low level, because she don't really have a mechanism to escape and has low hp

her Vault Breaker has long CD and Vi cannot attack while its charging?!, so using it is sort of a suicide rather than a means of escape (for initiation it is great)

so i recommend allowing her to continue to attack while charging her Vault Breaker, this makes her more fluid... and lower her cd on this skill please..