Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Vi, the Piltover Enforcer - Feedback Thread

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ad Victoriam

Recruiter

12-09-2012

OK so I just wanted to bring up the fact that Vi's E feels really out of place right now in terms of gameplay; at least on the Neon skin.

When I use her E, it adds a noticeable delay until her next autoattack. At first I thought maybe it was just a bit of lag or stutter, but it kept happening.

I really don't like the added delay with this ability. It just feels really awkward on a champion who is designed around her autoattacking.

It's definitely more of a comfort and QoL fix, but I really would like to see it behave more like Nasus' Q in terms of its timing.

henroid

12-09-2012

Quote:
A) Is Vi fun to play against and play as?
- Is this a champion you enjoy playing? Is this a champion that you are okay having on the opposing team? Do you feel there are ample opportunities for counterplay? What aspects of her are frustrating? What aspects are really cool?

I would agree with everyone saying that Q needs to not interrupt movement, and I would also agree that its charge time could be reduced. Another option is to keep the charge time but let her move a bit further. That wouldn't disrupt the up close use case but would give a little bit more forgiveness for a long range scenario. As it stands, it's a little unreliable as a chase tool since it seems to fall short more often than not.

One particular thing I like about Vi (that I didn't think I would) is how she can aoe farm minions. Using E as a next hit instead of a targeted cone makes for some interesting positional considerations. And it's also pretty fun to charge up a punch and knock up a bunch of minions, then E them from the other side.

Quote:
B) Does Vi feel right when you play her?
-Are her punches too sluggish? Too fast? What are you building? Does it feel good on her? Should it feel good on her? Are you hitting skills when you expect to hit them? Do her animations and particles look right? How are her sounds? Is she too loud? Too quiet? etc.

Of her three punch animations for her auto attack, her backfist feels the most weak to me. If her windup was a little bit longer and "slower" (see Fei Long's SF4 focus attack animation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZeVYIv13po) but he swing was faster, it would feel better. I also think if she snapped her fist backwards a bit after fully extending, it would help read as 1) more powerful and 2) a different strike than her straight right punch. Reference for the snap on the first is the third hit on Fei Long's rekka series or last hit of his Ultra 1 in SF4.

Quote:
C) Is Vi someone you feel is worth bringing to a team?
Assuming she eventually hits a "balanced" state, when you see someone on your team pick her are you going to feel good about it? Why or why not?

I think she could fit in on a team with another AD that does AoE damage. Her team fight potential is pretty interesting, given that in the best case scenario she can apply a 25% armor reduction to the whole enemy team. Couple that with the CC potential (ult to knock everyone up and a Q to follow up for one target), you have a scary initiator/second to fight.

I'll need more match experience with her to comment more on balance/worthiness on a team, but my initial play makes me think she'll trade a weak laning phase for mid to late game team fighting disruption/utility.

Jesbro123

12-09-2012

Loved her. She is a good AD tank that starts a bit slow in the early game but makes up for it in the late by smashing everything in front of her while taking big punishment. I did notice that all her pictures were greyed out though but I guess that is because she does not have splash art yet.

ashxu

12-09-2012

I think Vi is fun, I'm not too sure about picking her in a serious game though. Her role is to deal damage but she has no defensive steroids for team fights (Her passive feels like it's for lane trades)

So you have to pick a tanky jungle and support to make up. At least Riven and Jayce make up with their utility.

Was the Q indicator changed? In the early sneak peak videos of her, there's a semi-transparent line when you charge up her Q and an opaque line which gets longer until it's the same length as the semi-transparent which indicates a full charge. When I played her, there was a bar on the screen which gets filled up when her Q is at full strength. It distracts you from the game and I prefer the old old indicator.

Also I encountered a bug where you can't use your Q anymore but I don't know how to reproduce it. I was just randomly using her Q then whenever I pressed Q, it said "click target to use on" or something.

Jesbro123

12-09-2012

Quote:
gypsylord:
- Is this a champion you enjoy playing? Is this a champion that you are okay having on the opposing team? Do you feel there are ample opportunities for counterplay? What aspects of her are frustrating? What aspects are really cool?

Same as I said above. Her early game is slow but once you put enough health and AD items on her she becomes almost unstoppable. As for countering her you will need a lot of AD and Armor Penetration if the enemy is building her tanky. You have to pray that you do more damage to her than what she does to you.

Quote:
gypsylord:
-Are her punches too sluggish? Too fast? What are you building? Does it feel good on her? Should it feel good on her? Are you hitting skills when you expect to hit them? Do her animations and particles look right? How are her sounds? Is she too loud? Too quiet? etc.

I was building mostly AD with a Phantom Dancer for AS and even with the Phantom Dancer her attacks still seemed slower than what my Attack Speed said they were. The AD items really seemed to go well with her Passive W which gives the AS, bonus damage, and armor degradation boosts.

Quote:
gypsylord:
Assuming she eventually hits a "balanced" state, when you see someone on your team pick her are you going to feel good about it? Why or why not?

I think she is definately the one you want to bring to your team to take down enemy tanks such as Garen or Rengar. Build enough Health on her she will become very hard to kill and build a lot of AD on her and she will punch through anything. Yes I totally love her.

LightEcho

12-09-2012

Quote:

Overall a very fun character, although there seems to be some hit lag after her e. The punch directly after e seems to come out slower than the usual cadence, once you have 50-100 bonus attackspeed or so its pretty noticeable.
As far as playing agianst Vi Q is definitely where play and counter play will revolve, pretty obvious backing up will avoid most fights initiated with Q. When Q is used as a follow up dodging it with a sidestep or flash could avoid the Q, in either case Q has a long cooldown and its harder to proc w quickly so that leaves room to pressure Vi.Her cooldowns and mana costs are relatively high until she gets a lot of ranks in her skills and some cdr. Watching either of these can produce the usual timings to exploit against Vi. The is ult most questionable on counterplay, but honestly it has a long cooldown and is freaking amazing, the lack of cc elsewhere on here kit makes it feel fine. As an aside both playing with and against Vi's damage seems tuned really high.
Quote:

Her punches are a bit on the slow side but not too far off. Her animations are okay, something about her stance just bugs me a bit. I think that its the size of the gauntlets, mind you the should be large they should be a big deal about the character but they overwhelm Vi in a fight she reads as a pair of gauntlets, where she should read as a bad ass chick with a pair of gauntlets. I think the color scheme contributes to this a bit too with darker colors on the body and brights on the gloves her siloutte fades away, while her gloves pop out.
Sounds are very underwhelming her punches(aside from e which already do) need to sound like they have real force behind them they kinda read as a plunk or a ponk.(technically terminalogy here ofc) where the need to sound well more like J4 passive. Not really sound like that but carry force in the sound in the same way.It feels really good to last hit on J4 it should feel really good on Vi. on her moves her Q needs more techno oriented sounds whirrs and revs and such I think.Her voice over is great but i feel like the volume is a bit low compared to other in game sounds.
Quote:

Depends if shes free that week or not, good Vi's will make plays and decide games, bad Vi's will miss Q's and run oom. Not to say shes super hard to play or anything but anyone who brings pure damage with very minor utility. Once they're tuned to a balanced state they will be hard to play, throw in some real cooldowns and mana cost and compared to a lot of newer champions shes far less forgiving.

Samtx1

12-09-2012

Will start saving my IP now

Proyoto

12-09-2012

Vi has a similar style to Olaf where she would charge the enemy carry and burst them down quickly (she kills enemy faster than Olaf would). Here are some of the things i have discovered about Vi that some ppl might not know or would be good to know to a Vi player.

- E abilty resets attack timer witch allows vi to use it right after an auto attack, so a basic combo of Q, auto attack and e will get full proc off of Vi's W ability.

-E has a decent range and can be used to farm and harass from a distance. just make sure your positioning is correct while attacking a minion.

- Ultimate automatically procs W no matter how many stack of it you have on a target. So to be most effective with Vi's ultimate, use it when the enemy has no stacks on them unless they will escape. (Ultimate will fail and be refunded if target breaks line of sight).

-W passive does not work with tiamat.

hope all this helps

Tetryst

12-10-2012

Quote:
ashxu:
I think Vi is fun, I'm not too sure about picking her in a serious game though. Her role is to deal damage but she has no defensive steroids for team fights (Her passive feels like it's for lane trades)

So you have to pick a tanky jungle and support to make up. At least Riven and Jayce make up with their utility.

she has a knock up that can hit the entire enemy team and a small, situational knock-back (similar to riven's third Q or W) She also reduces an enemy's armor, meaning you can hit anyone and be doing something helpful, instead of having to tunnel-vision the carry.

I liked Riven but she didn't have enough utility for my taste, which is why I like Vi a lot. She has so much more utility than Riven.

BlackStarwind

12-10-2012

I think vi is coming around really well after that first wave of nerfs, although.......i think there are a couple things i think could make her play smoother and both are on Q.
A) reduce the cooldown a bit, i know its supposed to be punishing if you miss but its so easy to see it charging in the first place, shouldn't a skill that is easy to see coming have a lower CD?
B) the charge time needs to be slightly faster imo, as i said in point A, shouldnt a skill that is easy to see coming have a lower charge time, its not like Varus arrow where he gets to stay nice and safe if he misses, shes putting herself in danger, shes taking away her only escape and pushing herself further into lane.
Just figured i would give my thoughts on it

P.S. VI is amazing!!