Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Vi, the Piltover Enforcer - Feedback Thread

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OMNIblue

12-09-2012

I have three major things I'm looking for feedback on:

A) Is Vi fun to play against and play as?
Extremely. Although an enemy Vi broadcasting her Q is so easy to outrange.

- Is this a champion you enjoy playing?
Very much so. An awesome new addition to the already diverse champion pool.

Is this a champion that you are okay having on the opposing team?
Yes.

Do you feel there are ample opportunities for counterplay?
There are always counters.

What aspects of her are frustrating? What aspects are really cool?

Frustrating
- Sound effect should pack more of a punch (see what I did there ;O) It should feel like when I hit someone I'm obliterating them with how big those fists are! (Think Jax 3rd attack sound effect, BOOM)

- Her Q annoys me slightly and here is why. Compare it to Varus' Q, if Varus is in melee range with someone or close to it he can just hit Q and instantly let go it will travel a decent distance. Yes I understand he is a range class etc., but here is the frustrating part. If you are already engaged with an enemy champion while playing Vi you should not have to hold the Q to gain any distance on the spell to hit them (all the while not auto-attacking!!) if you are already in their face.

That is why I propose a few different options for her Q.
A.) Either a faster charge up time
B.) Remove the speed debuff
C.) Or have the initial targeting template not start directly at her feet, but out in front of her at some distance, maybe range 125. That way for targets she is right on top of she does not have to hold/release for any significant time. Obviously you guys could nerf her Q damage slightly to compensate for the added distance on the Q at the initial cast point, but think more like a Varus Q for melee.

Way it is now:
XX---------------------------X Second X is initial casting point, third X is fully charged.

Improved way:
X-------X--------------------X Second X is initial casting point, third X is fully charged.

I'm sure you get the idea now, you're smart people.

B) Does Vi feel right when you play her?

-Are her punches too sluggish?
Her initial auto attack animation seems slightly too slow to me.

Too fast?
No.

What are you building?
Top lane bruiser type (my favorite lane!)

I'm grabbing Black Cleaver, Serker Greaves, Zephyr, Tri-force, GA, Last whisper/BT. The usual top lane build aside from the Zephyr. I feel the Zephyr is actually a great item for her that is currently not utilized by many champions in the game.

Does it feel good on her?
That build feels ridiculous on her, almost like I'm as beefy as an ADC but I get to punch people in the face O.o

Should it feel good on her?
Yes! You guys aren't anti-fun!

Are you hitting skills when you expect to hit them?
Her Q is still my biggest gripe with this character simply because you are broadcasting that move. I'm okay with skilled players dodging the move etc., but when you can literally just out range them completely by walking away its kind of anti-fun. She is a melee character. She is SO dependent on getting on top of people and to have something that blatantly obvious coming at you, no smart player is ever going to get caught off guard like that. Which makes her getting on top of targets a problem.

Take Darius for example. He is the epitome of a melee who needs a move to get on top of someone. Now imagine if Darius' pull was structured like Vi's Q.

*Darius begins glowing and runs at you with 15% reduced speed* Enemy laner starts walking back, Darius is never able to catch up or initiate. Vi falls into that same category, she needs some element of surprise with her Q, so skilled players will always be wary of it and it won't be something you can just laugh at and walk out of range of every time.

Do her animations and particles look right?
I think an upper cut animation should be added to her auto-attacks, but thats just me, I like flare ;O

How are her sounds?
Her punches, as I mentioned earlier should have their sounds beefed up. If she can punch through vault doors I want to hear it!

Is she too loud?
No.

Too quiet? etc.
Last time I checked punching through a vault door was never this quiet.

C) Is Vi someone you feel is worth bringing to a team?
Definitely. With a few tweaks for her laning phase and reworking of her Q mechanics she would far and away be my favorite champion in this game. All around just a solid character with an awesome concept.

Assuming she eventually hits a "balanced" state, when you see someone on your team pick her are you going to feel good about it? Why or why not?
Yes. I think if her issues with the Q are fixed I will never look at her the way others looked at Eve or Twitch prior to the rework.

My biggest fear if you will with this character she will end up like Fiora all damage very minimal sticking power or the opposite end of the spectrum, Sejuani all sticking power, minimal damage. Neither of these characters are used very often in normal play and I can't ever recall a day outside of release that professionals played these characters. You can't make something all one way. It makes the character too one dimensional and not viable when there are characters that can fill those roles with more utility or damage and perform the same job. I really would like this character to be relevant and not fall into obscurity as the two mentioned above have because of their inability to contribute in other ways.

Now hurry up and release her! Thanks! ;O

Amariithynar

12-09-2012

Quote:
aZnPYTHONaZn:
Exact pronounciation: http://translate.google.com/?hl=en&tab=wT#auto/en/vi
Click on "listen" button : VEE

And if you change it from swedish detected like your link sets it to to english, it says "vie". Too bad.

hopaway

12-09-2012

Vi is a blast to play. I love the racer skin back animations, reminds me of a cheese anime character. As for how she moves i haven't noticed or had any problems. Though i did get stuck in a trundle pillar with her once. I would definitively enjoy having a Vi on the team since she brings a good mix of damage and survival ability to the top lane.

Level 9 Zubat

12-09-2012

Holy bannanas, Vi is AMAZING. I have officially found Mai Waifu for League of Legends! Tough girls are the best ones imo!

Feedback: Her kit does indeed give you the 'powerful, in-your-face' feel when you play her! Awesome job! Her Q has the great 'wind-up-knock-your-socks-off' look to it (I always feel like shouting 'MY FIST IS THE FIST THAT WILL PIERCE THE HEAVENS!' When I use this skill, so great!

She has problems being innately sticky but that is a GOOD thing imho, since once she's in your face it's a pretty scary thing if she can stay there. Ultimate has great utility for a teamfight and nice CC (not a huge fan of removing the supression, since as a jungler I don't run ignite to counter heal or Crucible, but I'm sure this is for the bigger picture).

So far I'm a fan of a more tanky Vi, but Riven-Style builds are fun too!

I jungle her so far, and I like my junglers to be pretty beefy so I build her as follows;

Spirit of the Ancient Golem
Iceborn Gauntlet (Golem + this gives you two fists in your inventory, even cooler as Vi)
Berserker Greaves with Furor enchant (her W loves attack speed and I get tenacity from Golem)
Black Cleaver
Frozen Mallet
Maw or Mecurial Scimitar(Maw for bursty mages or Scimitar if they have lots of peel/CC)

I find that this build gives me the sticking power I need to really be scary, and the beef I need to not just be blown up. Zerker's plus AS reds combimed with W procs are all the AS I need (and can fit into my build).

Her sounds are great, and her voice is very fitting. I feel like the volume levels on her are kind of odd; some things are really noticeable and loud, and some are very subdued and harder to notice. Her E, for example, is extremely easy to notice and hear, (her Q is quiet but also visually telegraphs itself well so no problem there) while her ultimate doesn't really scream 'I am using my ultimate on you' aside from the red targeting lazer (where is that coming from anyway? Confused me the first time I saw it) and doesn't really sound very impressive outside of her quotes.

Her quotes when she auto attacks happens a little too frequently in my opinion, and her E's 'HEYAUUUGH' sound is a bit too loud as well. I think it would be nice if she had a more impressive sound effect when she slammed targets back into the ground during her ultimate, and had a more visually intimidating sprint towards her target during the "chase down" sequence of it. I mean she's Bull-Rushing you to smash your face in the ground, shoving people out of her way and won't be stopped until your face is a smear on the floor, it should look badass! It should be scary! It should make you go "Oh %#@$!"

All in all, LOVE Vi! I am going to play the pants off of her as soon as she's out! FANTASTIC work!

Also, who's awesome idea (seriously, this is cool as heck) was it to make "Get Dunked!" One of the choices for her to shout during her ultimate? They deserve a pat on the back.

Xelesta

12-09-2012

Her name is too much like Yi,
The shape of the two letters and the pronunciation are both very similar.

I think we should change her name to Vee, as to dedicate to ChristinaVee

Daemon

12-09-2012

I have an issue with her lore.

Caitlyn has been said to work alone, both from her lore and the Journal of Justice. It doesn't make sense for Vi to be working full-time with her. I think that Vi should be the woman that Caitlyn will randomly go to when she's involved in a crime that requires a bit more physical force than she can do on her own. However, their partnership shouldn't be a full-time thing. I don't really understand Vi's motivation for helping Caitlyn. I under stand Caitlyn is her character foil, but it seems too forced.

Karzoug

12-09-2012

Vi should have been a male champion. Her moves and abilities look really masculine and don't really feel right on her.

AsthislainX

12-09-2012

A) Is Vi fun to play against and play as?
I just fell in love for her. I'm gonna buy her. The best part is the puching burst in all game, the problem is early game. She is a tiny bit useless. The passive looks cool when doing a towerdiving or saving it to trigger it in duel.

This is my first impression, it could due I didn't knew what to level first. XD

Also didn't knew what to build her, too. In my very first game (custom with and vs. bots, because all PBE matches won me the pick) I builded her Frozen Mallet, Berserker Greaves, Stinger (upgraded to that AD/AS item), Black Cleaver, Bloodthirster and Guardian Angel.

Got very nice hits, but I don't think she can be viable as an attack speed off-tank, even with her E passive. If you answer me this I'll be very grateful.

B) Does Vi feel right when you play her?
Overall she feelos very good, very maneuverable. But I have a problem with Q. Usually I want to use it to chase down enemy champions, so I'm moving towards their location and active the ability meanwhile. The problem is that she stops while channeling (understandable, not the real problem) but when she finish the channel she doesn't move anymore unless you give the order again.

I suggest to make her Q to continue the movement order when she finishes the channel.

Plus, it's a bit confusing to move while seeing the skillshot growing larger towards your mouse position, but I think that I just need to get used to it.

C) Is Vi someone you feel is worth bringing to a team?
She will be a perfect jungler, due her abilites and her ultimate. In solo top I think she will be in trouble in the beginning that could make her lose the pace in mid or late game.

I love the role and attitude of badass you have giver her. Congratulations gypsy, the overall design is excellent, loved the voice and that badass attitude. And I just noticed that you stated that her was your first champion. Just love her. Really.

Apteral

12-09-2012

Quote:
Xelesta:
Her name is too much like Yi,
The shape of the two letters and the pronunciation are both very similar.

I think we should change her name to Vee, as to dedicate to ChristinaVee

Too bad she's nothing like Christina. Lol.

Daemon

12-09-2012

Quote:
Karzoug:
Vi should have been a male champion. Her moves and abilities look really masculine and don't really feel right on her.

Taric should have been a female champion. His obsession with gems look feminine and don't really feel right on him.