Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Vi, the Piltover Enforcer - Feedback Thread

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Valenten

12-08-2012

Quote:
ohmikegoodness:
Thanks for the feedback! I was hoping the W wouldn't just look like another punch... I wanted to give the impact to the E and the Q

you should have given her a different dance sir. imo it doesnt seem to fit in with her theme.

Polaritie

Recruiter

12-08-2012

Haha, tried a quick jungle attempt with Vi. W annihilates stuff.

And since E is a autoattack reset... well, W>E lets you maim stuff fast.

Burglar

12-08-2012

Quote:
A) Is Vi fun to play against and play as?
- Is this a champion you enjoy playing? Is this a champion that you are okay having on the opposing team? Do you feel there are ample opportunities for counterplay? What aspects of her are frustrating? What aspects are really cool?
The variability in her q is enjoyable.
Her w is bland as all hell to play with. One, two, three and their armor is broken. One two three over and over again is very monotonous, and is a bit underwhelming and draining in use. Her q dashes forward and rounds up enemies, her e shoots a large curtain behind her target, and her ultimate is a one-two knock-up-and-down that is very pleasing to execute. In comparison to the rest of her kit, her w isn't very enjoyable. Damaging, yes, but not very "fun" in my opinion. (percent based damage isn't fun to play against either, especially demonstrated by vayne)
Quote:
B) Does Vi feel right when you play her?
-Are her punches too sluggish? Too fast? What are you building? Does it feel good on her? Should it feel good on her? Are you hitting skills when you expect to hit them? Do her animations and particles look right? How are her sounds? Is she too loud? Too quiet? etc.
Her gauntlets could use some shine, at the very least to denote that she is no longer some street urchin. Her clothes altogether don't seem at all like something a partner of Caitlyn would wear, even if she is supposed to be Caitlyn's polar opposite. The "riot girl"-esque theme can be done on the head and hands alone, and the make-shift nature of the gauntlets and pink messy hair accomplish just that.

The monotony invoked by her w's passive is very apparent after playing as her for a few minutes. The same three attack animations cycle through, and you can call what animation is going to play based on how many rings your opponent has around their feet. I don't like predicting what animation my character is going to use. It makes the variability in the animation absent, and makes throwing punches very monotonous. Her e's usage seems that it is functioning as intended, until the next attack. The immediate punch afterwards feels delayed and sluggish compared to her attack speed.

As for her visuals, it's really off putting to notice that half of her head is shaved. Supposedly she's caitlyn's apprentice of sorts, but she still maintains the appearance of being a street-bound criminal. Isn't she supposed to be a deputy? Why doesn't she look like one, even remotely? She bears the appearance she would the day Caitlyn plucked her off of the streets, but the reputation of "when they work together, they are feared by all lawbreakers in Piltover" hints that she and Caitlyn would have to have been working together for a month at least. I know that Vi is supposed to be a rogueish rebel "fight the power" sort of character, but half of her head being bare is something very un-law enforcer-like. Having it lay flat against the left side of her head would feel infinitely better.

Then again that's just my opinion of her hair (but from an aesthetic standpoint, the greyness of the side of her head almost molds into the dark color of her shoulderpad).
Quote:
C) Is Vi someone you feel is worth bringing to a team?
Assuming she eventually hits a "balanced" state, when you see someone on your team pick her are you going to feel good about it? Why or why not?
I would be very apprehensive because of how much ground she can cover with her full q length + ultimate. It'd distance her from the team more than amumu's bandage toss, and that can have disastrous consequences for a team that isn't capable of following up that action. Hot headed players who think they can run into the middle of the enemy team to take out the AD/AP carry will make their attitude known from one fight, and I would fear all following fights after watching such an action.

As a footnote, is her "Racer" skin supposed to be a reference to the Superboins from REDLINE?

Ravechaosknight

12-08-2012

Quote:
gypsylord:
Greetings PBE Summoners,
I am happy to announce that our final champion of the year is now (or soon will be) available for testing on the PBE.

Allow me to introduce Vi, the Piltover Enforcer. Imagine two giant hextech gauntlets. Now imagine a total badass who loves using those gauntlets to hit things. Hard. That's Vi in a nutshell.

Have you ever wished you could punch an enemy with such an impact that you hit the enemies behind it? If your answer is yes, you may enjoy playing Vi.

Have you ever had the desire to wind up a punch powerful enough to carry you across the battlefield, clocking anyone unlucky enough to get in your way? If your answer is yes, you may enjoy playing Vi.

Have you ever wanted to indiscriminately bowl through an enemy team, wiping the smirk off that AD carry's face as you slam it into the ground? If your answer is yes, well, you get the idea.

Vi is all about powerful punches. She's a high mobility high damage bruiser who picks a target, launches herself into the fray, and makes that target deal with her. So what are you waiting for? Go try her out. I'd love to hear your feedback. Best of luck on the Fields of Justice!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have three major things I'm looking for feedback on:

- Is this a champion you enjoy playing? Is this a champion that you are okay having on the opposing team? Do you feel there are ample opportunities for counterplay? What aspects of her are frustrating? What aspects are really cool?

-Are her punches too sluggish? Too fast? What are you building? Does it feel good on her? Should it feel good on her? Are you hitting skills when you expect to hit them? Do her animations and particles look right? How are her sounds? Is she too loud? Too quiet? etc.

Assuming she eventually hits a "balanced" state, when you see someone on your team pick her are you going to feel good about it? Why or why not?

If you have any feedback that doesn't fall under one of the above topics I'd still love to hear it.

If you find a bug don't post it here!
There's another thread for that: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2874659

PS:
It's pronounced like the word "vie." (sounds like: "Vying for control&quot

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not sure of against, but she's definitely a hoot to play as. Only really frustrating thing about her is her early game. You pretty much have to invest in a Phage>Mallet/Triforce(not that that is bad for her of course, just a bit limiting for her build). After that though it's smooth sailing and super fun chasing down/pounding people.

Hmm, this one is a bit tricky. I do find her immensely satisfying to play. But, Q and W feel a bit off. I think Q is just conveyance issues. Try adding more particles to the dash part of the punch. As for W there is a lot of "silent" power loaded into it as a passive skill. I don't really feel that fits the character all that well. I would have preferred a three hit combo move like Riven's Broken Wings. You could still have the Pen+AS buff as a reward for focusing those three hits on a single target(you wouldn't even have to scrap the animation just tie an activator to each one). Just feels weird having a passive skill on such an "Active" character.

As for what I am building. Start Boots+3, Rush Phage>Mallet, then get Mercs/Tabi, Brut>BC, then BT, that is generally as far as I get, probably would buy Static Shiv to Proc W faster and for the bonus MS, then another defensive Item, either Warmog's or GA likely. Mallet and BC will probably be core on her because of how well they work with her kit. I personally like Shiv's utility, over PD, but I can see people getting PD instead. There is some thematic argument for getting Ice Gauntlet but I think Mallet gives her more of what she wants. I mean there is a weird edge case where you could pull it off with an odd Tanky AP build if the enemy was building Armor to counter your AD heavy team, but as an item by itself I don't feel the Gauntlet is better for her than the Mallet.

Well, she's seems to fit somewhere between Riven and Lee Sin. I get the feeling she synergizes really well with other champs with strong CC. Like, I bet her and Shen on the same team working together would wreck. Or her and Lux. Or yeah, her and Cait(Though it would depend on how good the Cait was at trap placement). And I main all of those, I would be happy to have a Vi on my team as any of them because I know we'd end up feeding each other kills. She would do well on an aggressive poke team or a split push team.

As a bit of general feedback, give her model size a bit of a boost, for some reason she seems tiny.

Doctor Swole

12-08-2012

her E is very hard to tell the blast range

Megakille120

12-08-2012

I'm going to put this hear as a question for Gypsylord, I'm loving Vi, extremely fun to play atm, but I noticed she has a large single target burst with her Q and her E and her Ult, and I fear she is going to have the rengar effect, where her burst will get reduced to nothing because she 'wasn't designed to have burst' so I'm wondering, is Vi's current burst intended? Will it be nerfed horribly? I was wondering what your thoughts/opinions are?

Kuroishlence12

12-08-2012

Her E skill does not have a range indicator,, even when you pass the mouse over the skill icon, i think it should have one, like darius Q to show you where will it effectively hit.

Also her ctrl+2 (taunt i think?) animation should be like the one of her ugly themed skin (SO MANY COLORS OMG -in contrast with her classic skin, which is basically all grey- for me) on her classic one plz riot i dont want to buy that weird skin only to get that awesome 'deal with it' looks instead of just a spit on the ground...

ShawNuff

12-08-2012

My feedback on auto attacks (I played yesterday, so if it is altered already, I'm sorry):

I think that the animation looks like she is hitting them with the bottom of the punch and then punching past the target. I feel like it should look more it has a large impact on the target, and that the punch stops moving forward when you deal the damage. More of a square impact rather than a glancing blow.

Kuroishlence12

12-08-2012

Also her dance is weirdly ugly but she is very fun to play

mtl Suu

12-08-2012

About her W ...

It might get old comparing it to Vayne's silver bolts, but I was trying to figure out why I love landing a third silver bolt hit while it just didn't feel the same on Vi, and I think a lot of it has to do with the sound effect. Silver bolts gives a very, very satisfying THUNK on the third hit that feels heavy and noticeable. Vi's third hit sound is barely noticeable from her regular auto-attacks.