Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Vi, the Piltover Enforcer - Feedback Thread

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ShadowlQQ

12-08-2012

Quote:
gypsylord:
Greetings PBE Summoners,
I am happy to announce that our final champion of the year is now (or soon will be) available for testing on the PBE.

Allow me to introduce Vi, the Piltover Enforcer. Imagine two giant hextech gauntlets. Now imagine a total badass who loves using those gauntlets to hit things. Hard. That's Vi in a nutshell.

Have you ever wished you could punch an enemy with such an impact that you hit the enemies behind it? If your answer is yes, you may enjoy playing Vi.

Have you ever had the desire to wind up a punch powerful enough to carry you across the battlefield, clocking anyone unlucky enough to get in your way? If your answer is yes, you may enjoy playing Vi.

Have you ever wanted to indiscriminately bowl through an enemy team, wiping the smirk off that AD carry's face as you slam it into the ground? If your answer is yes, well, you get the idea.

Vi is all about powerful punches. She's a high mobility high damage bruiser who picks a target, launches herself into the fray, and makes that target deal with her. So what are you waiting for? Go try her out. I'd love to hear your feedback. Best of luck on the Fields of Justice!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have three major things I'm looking for feedback on:

A) Is Vi fun to play against and play as?
- Is this a champion you enjoy playing? Is this a champion that you are okay having on the opposing team? Do you feel there are ample opportunities for counterplay? What aspects of her are frustrating? What aspects are really cool?

Yes she is fun
No i wouldn't want her on opposing team
ranged counter's her
she doesnt have a great gap closer (q) other than her (r) which is long cd
her ratio's beast

B) Does Vi feel right when you play her?
-Are her punches too sluggish? Too fast? What are you building? Does it feel good on her? Should it feel good on her? Are you hitting skills when you expect to hit them? Do her animations and particles look right? How are her sounds? Is she too loud? Too quiet? etc.

Her animations normal

C) Is Vi someone you feel is worth bringing to a team?
Assuming she eventually hits a "balanced" state, when you see someone on your team pick her are you going to feel good about it? Why or why not?

She feels like a darius, so i wouldnt mind

If you have any feedback that doesn't fall under one of the above topics I'd still love to hear it.

If you find a bug don't post it here!
There's another thread for that: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2874659

PS:
It's pronounced like the word "vie." (sounds like: "Vying for control&quot

^

ohmikegoodness

Senior Animator

12-08-2012

Quote:
Kryplixx:
The only thing I really don't like is the animation of her W. Visually it's easy to see it went off, but just doesn't look that great compared to everything else. It could look.... cooler? Q,E,R look so awesome though.

Shout Out to OhMikeGoodness?!

Thanks for the feedback! I was hoping the W wouldn't just look like another punch... I wanted to give the impact to the E and the Q

NoPlace2Go

12-08-2012

Vi is fun to play but her W feels a little out of place. I feel like Vi's a combo type of champ, where you Q, E, E, R or something it's cool to see that going. Not having W as an active is awkward though. I feel as if W is giving too much at once, maybe it should be split to active/passive. And when it's active, the passive is gone for a bit or something.
It's hard to counter play Vi. If I build armor, she has armor reduction together with that brutalizer/black cleaver so she still hurts a lot. If I build hp, she has % health dmg. I guess the one way is to kill her faster than she can kill me but I'll try other tops later to see if it's possible (currently it's hard to pick other top champs because people spam pick Vi to go top so fast). Another thing is even though her Q can be dodged, if she gets brush control to charge her Q, sometimes I feel like I have to give up last hitting or get burst down by 1/2 hp. Either way will put me behind.
When I play adc, it's so hard to kite her due to her R and her movement speed. I tend to get burst down before I can do anything

DaPreese

12-08-2012

I think riot took the idea from http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2195715&highlight=fists+of+colossus

If so congrats to you Farahboom!

belithioben

Recruiter

12-08-2012

the only problem i have with vi is related to her ultimate. when she leaps into the air with the enemy, the enemies health bar travels with him/her, while vi's bar stays on the ground. this gives a sort of jerky, disconnected feel that makes her animation feel static during the dunk.

Mr Mystical

12-08-2012

OK, having now played her a few times, wow is she ever fun to play and I love the concept of this champion. I do think she's going to take some tweaking as she can be pretty OP on other champs. Great new champ for LoL -- her punches remind me a bit of Blitz punch. Oh and that's not the kind of punch you mix with vodka!

LeagueChronicleS

12-08-2012

A) Is Vi fun to play against and play as?
Yes, I find Vi a very fun champion to play as. Playing against her isn't a problem for me for the most part, but that's because if you dodge her Q, she has a hard time keeping you in place without her ult. She does seem very powerful though, so her ratios might need a bit of tweaking.

B) Does Vi feel right when you play her?

Her autoattack animation seems lacking, because sometimes in a team fight I can't tell whether or not I've gotten my 3 hits in on my target. I'm not sure if it's because her attacks are slow or because I'm just not getting the attack speed I need. I build her for maximum damage on her E, since that's her primary damaging ability. Maxing E first, then W, then Q. I build her hybrid, similar to Jax, in order to fulfill this damage optimization.

C) Is Vi someone you feel is worth bringing to a team?
I think that Vi could potentially be an amazing top lane bruiser as well as jungler, however, I think most people would only pick her if she was a counter to whoever was top lane against her. That being said, I think she has a lot of the same qualities as Riven in that she's a tanky mobile DPS bruiser that scales well with AD and falls behind hard if you shut her down early. I feel like Vi and Riven will be in the exact same niche, and that since the two are so similar, people will pick the champion they're more comfortable with and know bitter, Riven, instead of Vi.

Flames of Rage

12-08-2012

Second Post and Opinion, after the Changes

She seems more in place now, not crazy rampage, though I really liked that style! She had a heavy trade off of not being able to stick to being able to blow up people, especially carries, feels like that's her job. Tanks take about 2 to even 3 full cycles of her skills, with only one ult use, when even in gold and items. However, as I stated in my last post, her stickiness is the main problem, and it seems to be emphasized now with the slight nerfs as she doesn't have the "edgey" damage. It wasn't a big nerf either, but every bit makes her weaknesses more apparent. For example, anyone with a soft cc now has a big more room to do what I stated in my last post, and that's just walking away. If that's the case, she best hope her Q isn't on CD, and that they don't run fast enough to get out of range for the max dash.

Perhaps increase the charge speed on Q? It'll help her actually create fights rather than starting them, being Slowed, then them walking away. I see this happen a lot with Irelia, but since I do a lot of damage with Vi, it's mostly a stun, which she just gets out of range with. Perhaps lower the self CC to 10% instead of 15%? That would also be a nice change.

I still feel the sluggish delay or self stun on E, might be my imagination or something. But a QoL buff on it would be to make it like Wukong's Q with a range increase, that'd fix the problem of E-ing someone and them getting away after. However, one of my favorite things with her E is hitting a minion to kill a champion who runs away, though doesn't work so much once laning phase is over and we're skirmishing all over the map.

Still feel lack of impact with W until the proc and still unsure if her Q and R applies the debuff/buff when hit or just part of the required 3 stacks/hits. But I'm glad it isn't limited to one person like Vayne's silver bolts. I can see why it isn't applied to her E as well, since it's AoE, but I feel like it'd be like Jarvan's Q if it did, which is a really rewarding skills.

I really hope I get some clarifications ^~^

I'm looking forward to my third review post

imSoIcey

12-08-2012

I think a little tweak to how her q works when smartcasting would be nice

Press q once to charge and q again to fire instead of holding q then releasing... I dunno just something that might make it feel a little better to use

IGotCareless2

12-08-2012

Gypsylord, my friend pointed this out to me.
Vi's Q charges up.
Her E expends charges.
Her R says she charges.
Its kind of confusing, something needs to be rephrased.

She seems really fun, I'm waiting in queue right now so I can play her, and I like what I've found out about her.