Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Vi, the Piltover Enforcer - Feedback Thread

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Karn Bishop

12-08-2012

A) Is Vi fun to play against and play as?
- Is this a champion you enjoy playing? Is this a champion that you are okay having on the opposing team? Do you feel there are ample opportunities for counterplay? What aspects of her are frustrating? What aspects are really cool?

Very fun to play as, i'd be fine with her on the enemy team, plenty of counter-play, her Q seems like it takes too long to wind up and in addition her shield CD is so high it seems kinda useless plus the fact that W does not trigger shield :/.

B) Does Vi feel right when you play her?
-Are her punches too sluggish? Too fast? What are you building? Does it feel good on her? Should it feel good on her? Are you hitting skills when you expect to hit them? Do her animations and particles look right? How are her sounds? Is she too loud? Too quiet? etc.

Her E CD seems rather annoying i mean why is there a 1 second delay? knock it down to .5 second delay please. The particles look ok, All the sounds are waaay to quiet i could hardly hear her.

C) Is Vi someone you feel is worth bringing to a team?
No, i would worry too much that if someone first picks her that she will be hard countered by champions like kayle, teemo, lee sin, and udyr, these champions just flat out make her useless and i don't like having champions hard countered simply because another champion exists in lane so you cannot farm even under tower from the majority of above champs because they will pump out harass while staying out of tower range.

MareksGregs

12-08-2012

Is Vi based on a players design? Because I've seen the same design twice. First time was several months ago.

Zenmetsu Saseru

12-08-2012

They say it's been in the development for two years.

Friend of mine and myself came up with a disturbingly similar concept to Vi about a year ago, so imagine our surprise when Vi came in.

MareksGregs

12-08-2012

Quote:
Zenmetsu Saseru:

Friend of mine and myself came up with a disturbingly similar concept to Vi about a year ago, so imagine our surprise when Vi came in.

Really? I read them say 6 months.

Zenmetsu Saseru

12-08-2012

I don't think we posted them, just saying that some people are pretty good at thinking along the same lines as the developers. Our case in point, this is the third time we've had an idea that they released. xD

ALL I WANTis WIN

12-08-2012

i thought you are designing a support champion

mtl Suu

12-08-2012

Quote:
Zenmetsu Saseru:

It's not an uncommon trope. Kind of how Nami isn't the first mermaid that does water magic, or Riven isn't the first chick with a huge sword, or Zyra isn't the first plant-person-thing.

Zenmetsu Saseru

12-08-2012

Quote:
Beilorux:
i thought you are designing a support champion

I was, but that was circumvented with Captains boots and Banner of Command.
Quote:
Suu ptr:
It's not an uncommon trope. Kind of how Nami isn't the first mermaid that does water magic, or Riven isn't the first chick with a huge sword, or Zyra isn't the first plant-person-thing.

Not her character, but her roles as initiator. Both of us were really annoyed at how little people had characters that need to start the fight, but expected people like Vayne to do it for them. So why not have someone that will happily (trigger-happy, if you could imagine) jump in and shove everyone out of the way? Surprise! Vi comes into the mix with the exact hopes that we wanted. And holy **** does it work, I love this girl to pieces. If that doesn't express how much I felt she added to a team dynamic, I don't know what will.

TheRealAlastar

12-08-2012

I love her. She has solid animations, really nice abilities, strong, makes me feel powerful, but not so much I feel OP, there is a lot of balance on her already, and I'm very impressed. She just might end up being my main when she releases. So long as you STAYS balanced. (Also, I find that giving her attack speed boots is a really nice item to have, due to her W.)

Edit : Since I saw all the posts about "I've seen this idea before" stuff, I'd like to add my two cents. When I first joined LoL (Same day Syndra came out, I know, I'm new.) I remembered looking up fan-art pictures and original character designs on DeviantART.com, and lo and behold, I see an attractive short-haired female with power gloves, designed as a concept character for League of Legends. From what I could garner from the description, this person had not made her officially. So now I'm curious, did Riot take and use this idea? And if so, with...or without consent/permission/credit?

Zenmetsu Saseru

12-08-2012

Well this turned into an ugly subject.