Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Vi, the Piltover Enforcer - Feedback Thread

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kryplixx

12-08-2012

The only thing I really don't like is the animation of her W. Visually it's easy to see it went off, but just doesn't look that great compared to everything else. It could look.... cooler? Q,E,R look so awesome though.

Shout Out to OhMikeGoodness?!

Whelk

12-08-2012

Quote:
PhantomPiro:
Haven't woken up completely yet, so forgive me if my thoughts seem all jumbled up. The only negative feedback I can think of atm is that her early game is WAAAYYYY too strong, IMO. I was able to get 6 kills in top lane before level 6 in a custom bot game (it may not seem like much, bit it was my personal best). Besides that, her kit is really fun to use, and her ult is really satisfying!

She can push her lane AND keep up her health with her E and Tiamat/Hydra, so she may be able to split push mid/late game. Her Q is a great gap closer and a decent escape when being chased, especially with a Phantom Dancer.

Slightly off-topic, but I'm wondering if her autoattack animation could be tweaked a bit? I'd love to see her do something like a 3 punch combo (left-right-upppercut!) so that her passive from her W can feel a bit more satisfying. The rings under the enemy is ok, but reminds me too much of Vayne. I would love to see something more unique to make it more of her own, instead of something "borrowed".

I'm not sure how to explain this, but I feel as though she should be played as an anti-bruiser-bruiser (if that makes any sense?). I'll try to edit, expand and explain this concept if/when I completely wake up later in a few hours.

She smashes bots easily because they never run or move away from your Q charging. Against actual people you'll find this is definitely not the case.

Mr Mystical

12-08-2012

She reminds me of a Rock em Sock em Robot -- very fun indeed. BUT and a BIG BUT here -- OMG she is way to OP right now and is smashing all of us in PBE big time. Check her stats Riot ...crazy kills going on. I suspect you already have some nerfo's planned which are much needed.

dafedidi

12-08-2012

I don't like this champion. I see two majors problems :

1. Her design is far away from piltover's one.She has these 2 giants gloves (military style gloves?) and you have no idea how she is carrying it. It's too big imo. This make her, well, look bad.

2. She needs AS to deal damage with W and she needs AD to deal damage... Errr.

I do like the concept, but I can't fight with such a strange body/type of champion...

Termius

12-08-2012

Her moveset is perfect for my playstyle, I foresee an instant buy once I save up my IP.

Her passive is amazing, her charge up dash makes me very happy (I love that type of ability Varus FTW) her passive W makes her a deadly brawler, and her ultimate lets her engage enemy teams beautifully.

Right now she seems very strong, but may just be because I have been playing against bots.

Miirik

12-08-2012

i want to build her jungle like one would with shyvana, basically attack speed reds and/or quints

basically you get about 15% attack speed and you notice it

Opheliac

12-08-2012

A) Is Vi fun to play against and play as?
- I would say she's very fun to play but she's hard to get rolling since her early game and farming is slow but the explosive damage on E at level 1 makes it pretty easy to kill champs early game I also feel that she's very easy to just pick up and play, I usually main support and mid and felt comfortable playing Vi by the second game. Also Vi and Nami are best friend in lane, they each set up for the other ridiculously well especially early game when Nami's E can give Vi an on hit slow which helps her chase which is her biggest problem early game. Since Vi has no natural hard CC chasing and securing kills will be tough without help or items early game.

I feel however that it's not as fun to be against a Vi who's doing well, it's really really hard to get away from her post level 6 especially if she has on-hit slows like FM or IG (highly recommended) thanks to her two gap closers. Vi is very anti-kite, you can't turn around and hit Vi and run and hit her and run some more because she'll ult or Q in and decimate you.

B) Does Vi feel right when you play her?
Kit: Vi's entire kit feels smooth already, I would say make Q a little more noticeable when charging but it's really not needed, her effects are pretty and Neon Strike Vi (please don't change it to Racer Vi) is an amazing skin!

Build: I usually start with a Ravenous Hydra, Zerkers, Frozen Mallet, then a Zephyr and a Black Cleaver (I never got to my 6th item but I was debating on BT or PD) That build feels great on her, it allows her to chase effectively and the AoE punches really fit her character. I would say to hold off on Trinity Force as your first big item, I never had as much success with anything but Hydra myself.

Skills: Aside from the aforementioned Q being more noticeable while charging, there's something about her ult animation that I can't put my finger on that I don't like. It's too hard to see it coming, there's really no effect I'm noticing when she's traveling to the target then suddenly BAM orange explosion and she's behind you. I think a little aura or something around her while she's traveling to the target would be good enough to make your team and the enemy team see that sh*t's about to go down.

C) Is Vi someone you feel is worth bringing to a team?
Well I'm going to assume her E's damage is getting nerfed because it's really high early game ( I would suggest the AD ratio start lower and increase with level) with a partner in lane with any hard CC she just has to E a lvl 1 champ twice and that's first blood.

I can tell she's going to be built a lot like a really healthy bruiser with minimal damage items because of her passive but playing her the opposite with a lot of damage and only some health is really fun. But assuming each skill get's nerfed at least once before release I'd say she'll be a decent addition to the team as a top or maybe a jungler (though her pre 6 ganks will blow). Or, if you want to be a meta breaker bottom with a high CC support like Blitz or Nami or a support with strong sustain for her type of character like Sona or Karma will also wreck all the faces.
But without proper itemization I'm thinking she'll be used about as much as someone like Fiora, she brings that same element to the team of quick powerful strikes you just can't get away from if she's fed, if she doesn't get fed she's going to be a clean up crew.

Derindown

12-08-2012

I'm a bit scared by how OP she sounds. All her skills do more than one thing and some better than old champion skills.

Her Q, while making her slow for a brief moment, is a dash and a knockback that deals damage in an (albeit small) AoE.

Compare her to Poppy for example, her W is basically Poppy's Q... only stronger... and it gives attack speed buff... and no maximum bonus damage (only against minions and monsters)... and reduces armor.

The only skill that doens't seems to be way to strong is her E, but it still has a pretty long range and an almost nonexistant CD.

Her R is just what makes her go from strong to broken, at least on paper. It seems like you fit a whole combo into a targeted spell. Again, it does so much with just one click. To have the same effect that she has with a single spell, you would have to make a team of current champions. Imagine a team fight, a Draven knocking back champions to the sides, an Jax or some other damage dealer with a jump or dash jumping on the enemy AD, and then Ali flashes onto him, casts Q, and then knocks him back (which is what Vi would probably do after the combo using W.

It just seems that she has almost no new skills, only revamped ones from old champions. Her passive is a bit different, and I liked the idea of the Q charging to go further away. But it felt to me like you clustered a bunch of good spells onto each of her buttons, and it scares me that a champion like this will soon be playable top or jungle against my team.

That, or she will be nerfed way to hard and we never see her again. Sorry if I sound douchy, but all of this just made me a bit bitter, since some of my favorite champions from old, like Poppy and Sion are just getting further and further behind everytime champions with gapclosers and skills so strong like Jayce and Vi are getting released. Hell, I'm starting to hate Piltover for being a breeding ground for godlike champions.

Again, I haven't played her, and I really hope she is balanced, rather than OP or nerfed to the ground. Can you, gypsy, or someone else explain to me what are her drawbacks? From reading her spells I can't fathom anything other than having no scape if she doesn't saves her Q, and MAYBE having mana issues, although I doubt a new bruiser would, since neither Darius nor Jayce had that unless they outright spammed their stuff.

RickTroller

12-08-2012

A) Is Vi fun to play against and play as?
I find her to be extremely fun to play with, it's just so much fun to combo everything up and feel like a wrestler/boxer hybrid. Also, punching someone so hard that you kill his creep wave just feels so right.

B) Does Vi feel right when you play her?
She feels almost right to me. Whilst playing her I really got the feeling of a fist brawler and her mechanics make for very nice comboing. What I do miss however is some sort of mana regain mechanic, her spells feel very expensive and I'd personally like to see some fort of mana regain when your W ability procs, this would also make her a better jungler.

C) Is Vi someone you feel is worth bringing to a team?
Definately, I feel like she will fulfill a role similar to that of riven, but with more emphasis on burst damage and assassination rather than riven's longevity (since riven practically always has a spell left that she can cast in between auto attacks).

phar0ah1

12-08-2012

Quote:
dafedidi:
I don't like this champion. I see two majors problems :

1. Her design is far away from piltover's one.She has these 2 giants gloves (military style gloves?) and you have no idea how she is carrying it. It's too big imo. This make her, well, look bad.

2. She needs AS to deal damage with W and she needs AD to deal damage... Errr.

I do like the concept, but I can't fight with such a strange body/type of champion...

Uh, don't see how this takes away from her playability?? She is an absolute blast to play! The particle effects on her E are awesome and really make it feel like she is dealing massive damage. They fixed the Q charge so it no longer interrupts movement and the voice and sound effects are spectacular. Its also really easy to tell when you get the 3rd proc off on her W passive. Overall the design and champ kit is ridiculously fun and rewarding. Oh and if you want atk speed, get zerker boots or wits end or something. Not that hard to overcome...

She is a great champ IMO!!