Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Vi, the Piltover Enforcer - Feedback Thread

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Taikero

12-07-2012

I just ran a bot game with Vi to check out her abilities and power.

I had a Ravenous Hydra and Ionian Boots of Lucidity at 12 minutes game time.

I had a Frozen Mallet at 17 minutes.

I had a full six item build at 33 minutes, maybe a bit less. That's with Boot upgrade and everything.

Ionian boots, Ravenous Hydra, Frozen Mallet, Zephyr, Black Cleaver, Spirit of the Elder Lizard

53/0/3 game stats.

She's ridiculously strong. I ran full bore into a 1 vs. 3 against Lux, Shen, and Fiddlesticks mid-game and came out with 2/3 health, didn't even care about Fiddle's and Lux's CC (I ran 14/16/0 masteries). All of them died. I probably snagged three or four Triple Kills over the course of the game. I know it's Beginner bots but all the same, that's one of the highest scores I've ever achieved kill-wise in a bot game.

Also, I did no pushing down of towers, didn't hit a tower once, and the bots pushed in the game in 34 minutes as I racked up kills.

Some comments on her strength:

Her W is too powerful, though it is distinctive and shouldn't be thrown away (I like it a lot and how it works with other skills). Once it gets going and Black Cleaver is in your inventory, you melt anything in your path. I melted Shen at 33 minutes in just 4-5 hits. 15-20% armor reduction on her W is more than enough given how well she scales through AD already. I think 25% is too strong and makes Vi a bit too much of a juggernaut against all champion types.

Her passive is excellent and makes you feel like you actually can push into the enemy team without melting instantly. Well done, and there is counterplay (5 seconds up, 3 seconds down).

Her ultimate is fun and effective.

Her E works well, doesn't feel clunky, and I enjoy it thoroughly.

Her Q charges slowly but when it lands, it feels very powerful. It would be nice if Q charged more quickly and didn't make her stop moving when you start channeling it, but it works mostly okay as-is (If you catch someone near brush, it's delightful).

C9 Penis

12-07-2012

how can you do pbe???

FreestyleKneepad

12-07-2012

Hey Gypsylord:

First off, thank you SO SO SO SO SO much for Vi. Awhile back I wrote up a bad champ concept that was basically my way of saying "Olaf isn't all-in enough, Roit pls scratch my itch". You have quite literally made the champion of my dreams.

And that's why it's your fault that I'm not buying Nami.

Seeing as the Chinese overlords will soon be by your house to sweep you away due to your mistake losing them money, I'd like to ask a couple questions about Vi before you vanish from the face of the earth:

1) How did you start figuring out where to begin designing Vi? Did you start from a standpoint of "okay, I want a champ that does this super-cool thing" or was it more of a concept that you then built abilities around?

2) Are you immediately going to start working on another champion after Vi or find something else to do (ie help another designer with their champion that's in the pipeline currently)?

3) Will you play a game with me sometime, seeing as you've become this gamer's all-time favorite Red with a single champion? Before you're replaced with a mindless, Chinese-fluent robot whose only resemblance to you is in face and name, of course.

Hope you get better soon, I can't wait to see what your next champ is in 6 months. =]

MandyMemory

12-07-2012

I feel like her shield should scale with either CDR or gain a bonus AD ratio.

It's not that she seems weak, it just seems off. Her base damages aren't incredibly high and she has great scaling, but building straight AD makes the shield weak. Building tank makes her damage weak.

The shield idea fits her kit very well, I just don't feel like the choice scaling fits her kit right. (Not a power issue at all, just feel.)

Taikero

12-07-2012

Quote:
MandyMemory:
I feel like her shield should scale with either CDR or gain a bonus AD ratio.

It's not that she seems weak, it just seems off. Her base damages aren't incredibly high and she has great scaling, but building straight AD makes the shield weak. Building tank makes her damage weak.

The shield idea fits her kit very well, I just don't feel like the choice scaling fits her kit right. (Not a power issue at all, just feel.)

I think that's the point, that you can build her more toward damage (high AD scaling) or tank (health grants you great survivability), and you benefit either way. She's basically a bruiser done right. You're technically supposed to build both on her to get the best result.

phar0ah1

12-07-2012

Quote:
Taikero:
Her W is too powerful, though it is distinctive and shouldn't be thrown away (I like it a lot and how it works with other skills). Once it gets going and Black Cleaver is in your inventory, you melt anything in your path. I melted Shen at 33 minutes in just 4-5 hits. 15-20% armor reduction on her W is more than enough given how well she scales through AD already. I think 25% is too strong and makes Vi a bit too much of a juggernaut against all champion types.

Her passive is excellent and makes you feel like you actually can push into the enemy team without melting instantly. Well done, and there is counterplay (5 seconds up, 3 seconds down).

Her ultimate is fun and effective.

Her E works well, doesn't feel clunky, and I enjoy it thoroughly.

Her Q charges slowly but when it lands, it feels very powerful. It would be nice if Q charged more quickly and didn't make her stop moving when you start channeling it, but it works mostly okay as-is (If you catch someone near brush, it's delightful).

I think her W passive may be a bit OP and 15 to 20 does sound good. The only caveat is that Vi much like any champ can be squishy early on. Having played a couple games with her, I generally don't get her W first due to the fact that 3 hits can be a long time and you need some sustain or durability to tough out the fight.

I don't like that the first press of Q stops her movement but it generally doesn't bother me as I generally hold the right mouse button during most movement unless I'm just laning and last hitting. The tool tip is a bit misleading as well since its not really a double Q, 1st cast 2nd cast setup. Its more of a charged ability. When first playing her I double tapped Q so many times b4 I realized you had to press and hold!

Overall her kit is impressive and I absolutely love this champ as the sound effects and particles make her E feel explosive even at early lvls when your not doing as much dmg and her Q being able to traverse terrain making for some nice ganks/escapes/jukes. She is extremely fun to play! Her Ult does seem kinda slow but it works so I can't complain too much. Can nullify CC if activated at the right time and being able to single out that ADC is quite nice. The range is a bit short but as a melee champ and having her Q close the distance its not too much of a hassle. Overall, she is a champ that I will definitely pick up once released.

Argodis

12-07-2012

I think it's too early to say about her powerlevel but if I had to pass judgement, she feels really good. If you absolutely have to make changes, I suggest looking towards shifting some of the power in her W to her Q. At the moment she is capable of doing good single target damage AND aoe damage as well(factoring in Tiamat with her abilities). I'm not sure if that is intended or not. The change I suggested would make her charge feel more epic and stronger thematically while keeping her power level relatively the same. Or maybe lower her base attack speed to Diana level.

More importantly, she feels smooth and fun.

This is the most fun I've had playing a champ since Ziggs and I don't normally play bruisers. Her sounds, her animations, her visuals, everything is great.

However there are a few things I do not like:

When I click to move and then begin charging Q, Vi hesitates a bit and stops for about a second making it not feel very smooth and unreliable for closing the gap while chasing. In the same sense, Vi does not continue to run at the end of her charge even if you've already clicked ahead before the animation ended.

If you want smooth use of her Q in both of the above situations, you have to spam click to move to get Vi to switch from charging to running without hesitating for a second. If I am not explaining my self well, take Syndra or Zed for example. They both can easily cast their Q in full stride without losing a step.

But yea, other than that, she's really fun and is the first melee champ to "flow" this well since Renekton imo.

rayronald

12-07-2012

A) Is Vi fun to play against and play as?
definitely, her skills are hard to control, but once mastered ur the legend. went a game in pbe of vi vs vi, at 1st both me and my fd are new to her, but i managed to kill her. after a while he figured out how to master vi, and he kicked my ass so hard without even buying new items

B) Does Vi feel right when you play her?
she is just gorgeous, i dont think any vision effects need to be changed. some say her skin is too funky, well wt skin do u expect when her classic look is already badass enough?

C) Is Vi someone you feel is worth bringing to a team?
yes, she can play different rolls in game according to wt she build, a tank (passive) a 1v1 heroine (w) savior (q,r) and a farmer (e)

something i would like to say is her attack speed is too slow! if uot say "its b cuz she will get her attack speed buff from her W" well then why dont you nerf master yi?
looking forward to seeing her in na

Raíne

12-07-2012

Vi IS AMAZING, I love how she feels, and how you can just all in against the enemy team, she reminds me so much of Riven my previous fav champ with just the enormous damage potential and the mobility to get that dmg straight to the enemy adc or apc. Her Q can be a little clunky with how it works, but i love the feeling of just FALCON-PUNCH ing through the enemy champ . She feels pretty op right now cause as soon as you get that Ravenous Hydra you just rip through the enemy regardless of how tanky they are esp. with her W and a Black Cleaver.
I absolutely love her, and she will definitely be my fav champ as soon as she comes out on Normal.
Thanks much for making a champ that fits my playstyle so well. <3333

crayonofdeath

12-07-2012

Quote:
Ququroon:
I just want to say this.
Vi's launch skin? ...FREAKIN' AWESOMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
!

Hulk Hands Vi skin. Riot pls.