Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Vi, the Piltover Enforcer - Feedback Thread

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

YungElext

12-07-2012

Ever since you have hinted at your champion when you joined Riot I have been waiting for it (didn't official say it is a girl until about a month ago). Next we gotta find out what GrumpyMonkey's Profile pick is.

Hawkeye55

12-07-2012

First off, I love Vi, she feels awesome and brutal and devastating and is so fun!
The only feedback I have though, is about her E. It resets auto attacks, but the delay after landing E makes it as if the AA never reset in the first place. Is this intentional so you can't AA - E - AA - E - AA and land 5 hits in a super short amount of time? If so, I feel it and it works properly, if not though, E feels a little sluggish as far as re-setting AA's go.

Faceless Child

12-07-2012

Hello i'm from Brazil but i have a PBE account so i came to gave my opinion ^^

A) Is Vi fun to play against and play as?
- Is this a champion you enjoy playing? Is this a champion that you are okay having on the opposing team? Do you feel there are ample opportunities for counterplay? What aspects of her are frustrating? What aspects are really cool?

She's really awesome, i had so much fun playing as Vi. Once you know how her skills works she's not so frustrating to play against. She's really strong if you're 1x1 an enemy but can be easily defeated in larger fights, thought she has some mecanisms that can be used to run away or chase her targes, her ult works perfectly in a teamfight where you can't get the weaker ones because the tanks are just in front protecting them, also as solo-top her disables works well enough to avoid ganks and hold the line for enough time.

B) Does Vi feel right when you play her?
-Are her punches too sluggish? Too fast? What are you building? Does it feel good on her? Should it feel good on her? Are you hitting skills when you expect to hit them? Do her animations and particles look right? How are her sounds? Is she too loud? Too quiet? etc.

I play Vi as a great solo-top but i suppose that with the right build she can be a fantastic jungler too. But i think the cooldown of Excessive Force should be increased a little bit, it doesnt makes such difference in early game, but after she get a sheen, for example, it gets really hard to counter her, also she tend to chase her targets and when it happens, the cooldown for the next punch is already charged, and that tend to be a little Overpower, increasing this would make the player choose carefully when and how to use the 2 punches. My build is here, as playing her for the first time i tried to compensate somethings like atack speed and a permanent way to maker your target close to you (In this case, the slow from Frozen Mallet)

Screen Shot (http://sphotos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/151056_392301127516957_678150306_n.jpg)

C) Is Vi someone you feel is worth bringing to a team?
Assuming she eventually hits a "balanced" state, when you see someone on your team pick her are you going to feel good about it? Why or why not?

Of course she is, she's deffinetly a great champ. I can't say anything about NA since i play in the BR server, but there the top lane is dominated by Darius, and with Vi i see a strong opponent against him and alot of other bruisers, also her skills makes her such a good champ to have on your team and open the opportunities for great combos.

pchannington

12-07-2012

My personal opinion:

Pros: She feels great to play. Very fun. I built her with Boots of Speed, Frozen Mallet, Zephyr, Warmogs, and was working on Maw. I like how she just gets in the middle of things and can take a lot of punishment, all while punching face.

Cons: Pink hair!? A bad-ass face-puncher should not have pink hair, female or not. I personally feel she should be a bit darker. Darker clothes and darker hair. As long as it is not pink.

Lorem Holthier

Recruiter

12-07-2012

I don't know if it's been mentioned, but while I like the feel of Vi's kit the pause after using your E feels really clunky. After you use your E there is a longer pause between the end of the skill and your next AA than there is between two autos. That's what it felt like to me anyway.

Arrevax

12-07-2012

I don't care for her half-bald/shaved hairstyle, but she looks like a rather interesting champion in all other respects.

civ

12-07-2012

QoL/usability issues:

Starting up her Q makes her stop momentarily. The length of the stop seems to vary, but seems longer when not smart casted.

She feels really sluggish, no pun intended. Her autoattacks have an annoyingly long animation and they seem to linger after she hits the target. Her E animations suffer from this too, but are much worse.

Her full combo feels clunky too.

Look:

No real problems here. The frill on her waist is strange though. It doesn’t really seem to come from anything and feels out of place. The only big problem I have is her name. I’m sorry, but it’s bad.

Balance/kit:

The damage, scaling, and cost of her abilities are absolutely over the top, but it’s pbe so I know they’ll change (although I am starting to wonder if you guys put any thought into these numbers before they’re released on the pbe)

The skills themselves just seem broken and have too much mobility, utility, and damage on almost every spell. It feels like you guys wanted to make another champ like nidalee, elise, and jayce, but decided to cram everything into just 4 spells and a passive. This feeling is made worse considering her w is entirely passive and her e can be cast 2 or even 3 times within a few seconds. The amount of damage I can do compared to the number of abilities I have to use makes me feel like I’m cheating at the game.

I really don’t like the autoattack reset on her e and her q and r debuffing the target with her w. You should also have the cd on her e start when she hits a target and not when she casts it. With full cdr she can essentially stockpile 3 e’s by priming her autoattack with e and waiting for the cd to refresh.

To be perfectly honest it feels like you guys took a post from the fan concept board and put it into the game.

edit: also remove the AP scaling on her e, there is no reason for it to be there.

Kayleorfeed

12-07-2012

gypsy have my children

KotlettDrake

12-07-2012

Some general changes I would suggest after playing 5 games with her.

1. make her Q double cast, you press it and it starts charging and when you press it again it casts to make it less clunky

2. I feel like her ult needs a bit more damage it just feels like it does lack luster damage compared to her charged q or even e considering its an ulti and has a huge ramp up time

3. her w's numbers are perfect but to make it feel better i would suggest the atk speed and armor pen build up over the 3 hits and on the 3rd it does the percent and caps out the atk speed and armor pen instead of just aplying it at once. this would make her feel like she's ramping up her punches the longer she goes kinda like jax. cool feeling

4. her gloves cover her elbows and it makes her look like her arm is just the gauntlet.
maybe make it start below the elbow instead of make it cover the whole arm? looks kinda silly the way it is now

other than that I love her design, another all in pwn stomping champ kinda like darius but less anoying to play with. Just from playing the first game I could tell she will be my favourite champ and I want her to be perfect on release

Deadmond

12-07-2012

Just saying, after playing with her, I'm thinking very seriously about changing my summoner name to Vini Vidi Vici...