Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Vi, the Piltover Enforcer - Feedback Thread

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CartmanAntics

12-07-2012

Is too much being put into her kit?

Let's compare two recent melee champions.
Khazix has burst, mobility, minor lane sustain, aoe, and weak cc. He's balanced and has a specific role of bursting down champions.
Rengar has burst, mobility, tankiness, major lane sustain, sustained damage, and weak cc. He's incredibly hard to balance and had to be patched constantly because he can assassinate, duel and take towers.

The new champion has burst, mobility, lane sustain, minor tankiness, sustained damage and cc. Aren't you worried that you're creating a champion like Jayce and Rengar who can do everything well and end up being overpowered?

PerfidiousAlbion

12-07-2012

It seems like her E slows down her AA rate, kind of like Trundles Q, but I haven't had a chance to test it much yet. It could well be my perception rather than the fact.

Coldcutz

12-07-2012

Put all of my general responses to her in a Reddit thread.

http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/14fzdv/vi_first_impressions/

If you want any other feedback just lemme know.

Kibster

12-07-2012

So I've been messing around with Vi in the jungle, and so far I'm liking her. However, overall I feel as if she's really just a weaker Riven. Sure she has more utility, but the biggest problem is with her shield. If I build her AD, her shield is mostly worthless. If I build her with HP items, she does very, very little damage but is still squishy due to low armor/mr. If I build her as a more balanced bruiser (mix of AD, health, and armor/mr) then she just feels weaker than other bruisers.

Her limited CC really isn't enough to justify building her as a complete tank while at the same time limiting her effectiveness as an AD.

Trevallion

12-07-2012

She feels awesome. My first impressions:

Her W being a passive feels slightly weird. Why didn't you make it her actual passive and make the shield an active? Would it make her feel too Riven-y? Usually shields feel good when you can specifically decide when they happen. The cooldown part of the passive made it hard to judge when it would show up after activating an ability, so I kinda stopped paying attention to it.

Is there any particular reason her W doesn't proc from towers? You guys are pretty inconsistent with what abilities do and do not affect towers. This one kinda hurts because the AS buff feels important to her kit. It'd be really nice if she could get the AS buff from hitting towers. Late game it was nearly impossible to get the buff going unless I was hitting a champion or something beefy like a buff monster or dragon. All the lane creeps die before 3 hits

The ammo system on her E is a really cool idea. I like it because it allows her to have a low cooldown burst ability without making it too spammy. Of course I realize there are other champions with ammo abilities, but most of those are ults or pet type things. This one feels different from other ammo abilities. It's awesome.

Plagueflames

12-07-2012

Quote:
gypsylord:
Greetings PBE Summoners,
I am happy to announce that our final champion of the year is now (or soon will be) available for testing on the PBE.

Allow me to introduce malphite. Imagine two giant rock fists. Now imagine a total badass who loves using those fists to hit things. Hard. That's malphite in a nutshell.

Have you ever wished you could punch an enemy with such an impact that you hit the enemies behind it? If your answer is yes, you may enjoy playing malphite.

Have you ever had the desire to wind up a dash powerful enough to carry you across the battlefield, knocking up anyone unlucky enough to get in your way? If your answer is yes, you may enjoy playing malphite.

Have you ever wanted to indiscriminately bowl through an enemy team, wiping the smirk off that AD carry's face as you slam your fist into the ground? If your answer is yes, well, you get the idea.

malphite is all about powerful punches. he's a high tank high damage bruiser who picks a target, launches himself into the fray, and makes that target deal with him. So what are you waiting for? Go try him out. I'd love to hear your feedback. Best of luck on the Fields of Justice!

Anyone else see this?

PenguinPaladin

12-07-2012

A) She's a blast to play. Everything about her feels badass, from her dash-uppercut initiate to punching whole teams with her E.
B) Her punches feel good. I like the pacing on her W where the attack speed runs out before the third punch, because it feels like the big one has a windup.
C) I'd say she's fine on a team. She seems to have the team utility of a Warwick/Riven combo but with some armor shred added on.

Final comment: I really hope you keep her jungle intact all the way to live. I know she's probably meant to go top but she's a fun jungler as well.

Voidgolem

12-07-2012

Quote:
Kibster:
So I've been messing around with Vi in the jungle, and so far I'm liking her. However, overall I feel as if she's really just a weaker Riven. Sure she has more utility, but the biggest problem is with her shield. If I build her AD, her shield is mostly worthless. If I build her with HP items, she does very, very little damage but is still squishy due to low armor/mr. If I build her as a more balanced bruiser (mix of AD, health, and armor/mr) then she just feels weaker than other bruisers.

Her limited CC really isn't enough to justify building her as a complete tank while at the same time limiting her effectiveness as an AD.

Fortunately we have this thing called Black Cleaver now.

Risemix

12-07-2012

gypsylord, I hope you see this post:

I love Vi. I was losing interest in League of Legends and Vi is the first champion that has had me excited in a very long time! She's so, so fun.

I wish I had more constructive feedback to give, but at the moment she feels just perfect. I'd buy her straight out if she were released tomorrow.

I want to help, so I'm going to respond to two specific points:

Quote:
B) Does Vi feel right when you play her?
-Are her punches too sluggish? Too fast? What are you building? Does it feel good on her? Should it feel good on her? Are you hitting skills when you expect to hit them? Do her animations and particles look right? How are her sounds? Is she too loud? Too quiet? etc.

Her Q ability feels awesome but I found myself coming up barely too short a lot. This could be a personal problem, but some of the guys on the other team in my games were agreeing that it felt like it could charge to full just 10 ms faster, not as a buff per se, just to make it feel a little better in chase scenarios.

Quote:
C) Is Vi someone you feel is worth bringing to a team?
Assuming she eventually hits a "balanced" state, when you see someone on your team pick her are you going to feel good about it? Why or why not?

This is a tough question to answer. Her kit is definitely all-in bruiser stuff, which is awesome. Her ult is fun (again, I love almost everything about this champion) but it leaves me wondering how to build her. She wants to initiate, she wants to be in the middle of a fight, and even her shield scales on health, but the rest of her kit suggests building damage.

I feel like this aspect of her kit is a tad schizophrenic. If her base damage is good enough it won't be a problem, but I am a little afraid of her needing too many stats and items to be effective unless games go on for a long time and she does very well.

It's like Riven with Malphite ult in a way.

Mindus Dew

Recruiter

12-07-2012

I love that Vi's skin is so reminiscent of Franky from One Piece. If she yelled "SUPERRR!" or "BURST" when using E, that would take the cake