Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Vi, the Piltover Enforcer - Feedback Thread

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sines314

12-07-2012

Summoner: So what do you do?

Vi: I punch people.

Summoner: ...ooohhkaaay...

Vi: Hard.

I have a soft spot (made of hardened violent urges, which as it turns out, are still relatively soft) for the simply brutality of just punching people, no martial arts, no finesse, just friggin' punching. I don't know if I'll be good with the champion, but I'll probably wish I was :P

Sonic Hedgehog

12-07-2012

Is she black? No champions of African or Latin descent is starting to ware on my conscience.

Voidgolem

12-07-2012

Really satisfying to play as in my limited experience with her, though I worry she might be broken (not that the PBE is any good for that sort of testing...)

E's punch animation feels...janky, not sure how else to put it. Still mighty satisfying, just kinda '...huh?' to look at if you look closely. The big ol' cone of boom is fine, though.

Sorta wondering how much of the inspiration for her kit came from the game Asura's Wrath >.>

OverChaosLord

Recruiter

12-07-2012

Nice ¬_¬ A new champion again

Warkeiser

12-07-2012

Passive - Sounds good on paper, but you run into a real issue if you can't land your Q on your target to engage. If you don't, then you have no sustain until your first E and that means you're taking heavy damage on the engage. I'd much prefer it if the shield occurred when an ability was cast rather than when damage was dealt, and perhaps a slightly lower cd at early levels because it's got a LONG cooldown early.

Q - Damage and range are good. Everything else feels terrible about it. You either are slowed too much, it charges too slow, or the start of the charge is way too close. Using it to engage means your target is usually out of your range by the time the charge is maxed. Using it to escape or chase also tends to land you into hot water because you're 100% vulnerable until max range is reached for escaping, and once again your target has likely escaped you if you're chasing. And I get why it knocks back. But why is the knockback so freakin' pathetic? Seriously, if the knockback is so low because you want to be able to stick to your target, then make it a stun.

Honestly, Q feels like it should do so much more than knock people back. It screams "I KNOCKBACK AND STUN/SLOW" and I keep expecting more to happen after the knockback, but nothing ever does.

W - More heavy damage! Yay! You're never gonna get it to proc unless you stick to your target, and you have no innate tools with which to do this! Boo! The armor reduction and AS boost are nice, but actually trying to use it is nearly impossible outside of full on engagements. If you can't stick (and you usually can't because your only substantial cc stuns you), then it's just going to be strenuous trying to get the damn ability to proc.

As for the ability proccing on other abilities (Q, R), you'd think it'd do more than just be an armor debuff then. Like, it'd slow or something. Guess not.

E - Now this ability feels strong... until you run out of your two charges. Then you're boned because you have to wait for your autoattack reset to come off cooldown. Really, I wish one of the following things happened to this ability:

1) The ammo system was thrown out the window and it just became like Trundle's Q or Jax's W: a short-cooldown autoattack reset.

2) The ammo system was kept, but you get charges faster if you're autoattacking things. Maybe something like 0.5 to 1 second off the charge per autoattack.

As it stands, this is my major problem with her because beyond her first combo she can barely duel. However, that first combo is very strong.

R - Meh. Doesn't actually feel nearly as epic as I thought it would. It's a gap closer, damage, and suppress, so... okay I guess? Doesn't help her duel in any way beyond do a bit of burst damage, Maybe I'm not using it right but it'd just feel much better if it was just a big knockup that DIDN'T stun her after she used it.

It already knocks them up! The only point to it being a suppress is that it also stuns her when she uses it.

Overall, she feels strong in damage but weak in terms of actually sticking, sustaining herself, and being useful to the team. If you get behind as someone else, you might have something for them. If you get behind as Vi, you're absolutely useless with no chance of recovery.

EDIT - On second thought, **** everything I just said. She's an amazing jungler. Although I would like it if her ult silenced for a second after the suppress ended. I tend to ult people and then they immediately flash out of range before I can even continue attacking them. And because they flashed, my Q can't catch them :/

Tobasco da Gama

12-07-2012

I whole-heartedly approve of this.

Datavore

12-07-2012

I think I have to second the guy a couple posts above me.

Vi has good damage. Great damage. And when I was kind of in her rhythm, she was fun. I will buy this champion even if she goes like like this.

But her Q is real awkward to use. It's great when you land it but it is not so easy to land. Her W makes me crazy. I want the steroid to be immediate, or at least proc when she kills a minion. It is very very frustrating to 2-hit KO a bunch of jungle mobs and not ever have the boost. And against champions--if this is how her steroid is to work, then Frozen Mallet will become an item tax on her, otherwise she can't proc the thing.
Her E is in general just fine. I wish the AoE was a little different so it didn't miss jungle mobs so easily.
Her R is great.

If you make her stickier, and/or make her W attack speed easier to proc (and not fall off when she's wave clearing, ffs), I will be happier.

I absolutely lover her attitude though.

Via Purifico

Recruiter

12-07-2012

Hmm.. where have i heard of this champ before.. oh yeah

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2195715&highlight=misha
http://farahboom.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d52t7kw

AngelicV

12-07-2012

A) Is Vi fun to play against and play as?
Well it was really satisfying to get a 3rd Hit down with the E and just see the Enemy be chunked down. I fear that if if you couple her W shred with Black Cleaver it might be to much Single Target DPS

B) Does Vi feel right when you play her?I love the VO a little bit to load maybe but the Scream when she is attacking is quite annoying

C) Is Vi someone you feel is worth bringing to a team?
I'd pick her if i feel our Team needs a heavy Bruiser that is able to dish out high amounts of DMG in extended Teamfigths although i'd love to see and play her in 3v3 I think there are most of the times still better choices in 5v5 like Darius with just as much DMG and Tankiness while maintaining more CC in form of his Pull and Slow

Osprii

12-07-2012

Misha. This is so like Misha.