Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Vi, the Piltover Enforcer - Feedback Thread

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Based God Marz

12-07-2012

Played some Vi on PBE. I have a bit of feedback:

Q feels frustrating to use in many aspects.
I think that if you insta cast it, Vi should dash a larger default range than the near nothing it is currently.

It also slows Vi way too much when chasing, I feel this needs to be reduced on a per rank basis or instead needs to charge slightly faster at a higher rank.

One last thing, can we actually cast this spell twice rather than having to hold it down? I smart cast and this is how it functions currently.

AmbushIntheDark

12-07-2012

Honestly, I took one look at her and I know that I'm going to buy her. Not only do I really like her aesthetics and attitude, but I've been wanting a fist oriented champion for a while (that isnt Udyr).

Instabuy, and probably even her bundle if I can afford it.

Fairness

12-07-2012

Hey hey!

I just tried Vi and wow... she's amazing! You did an amazing job, she's SO fun to play, like seriously. For your first champion, you went beyond my expectations. It just feels so satisfying punching everything, it just feels 'right'.

Q:

I think her Q is really unique and fun to use. It just feels so cool skidding across the floor to your target, and it's a skillshot so that makes it super fun. The only thing I don't like about it is that when you press Q, there's a very very tiny delay and you stop for a second and I don't know if that's intentional but it makes it feel a little clunky. When you get cc'd though, it acts kind of weird. When I got snared I had the Q still active but it was on cooldown so I couldn't auto attack and I couldn't do the dash either.

W:

Her W is super duper strong, so satisfying on the third hit.

E:

Really fun to use as well, I love how it has an 'ammo' system and it isn't just one cooldown.

R:

Oh my goodness this is so fun to use, I think it nails her kit in place, it just feels 'right'.

Style:

I think her style's great, I love the colours, I love her eager personality and everything. Her voice is good, I LOVE her sound effects. The only thing I don't really like is her hair but that's fine.
She feels like a combo-fighter, like Riven but even though they're similar they also feel really different so that's really well done.

Overall I really love her, you guys did an amazing job.

ColdMiller

12-07-2012

Quote:
Androssi Zahard:
I think I'll just call her six. That's what I read it as. xD Makes me think of Kids Next Door. God I can't believe I remember that show.

Or maybe Roman Numerals like it should >. Heck before that show there was also FF VI

NotBuzzJack

12-07-2012

Sound wise her E felt a bit hollow, it needs more oomph. All her other abilities feel pretty meaty, although her ult sounds a bit too arcade-y. When I slam them into the ground, I want the same kind of oomph I get from using Jarvan's ult, because it's a dunk, and therefore it should feel like a dunk.

Ira et Tolio

12-07-2012

Just saying, she hits....REALLLLLLY hard. Like REALLLY hard.

dawntracker95

12-07-2012

Just tried her out. She has way too much ad scaling on her spells. They deal a lot of damage. She's fun to play with but not fun to play against her.

Xane The Insane

12-07-2012

Alright, wanted to get some feedback out since this has become my most eagerly anticipated champ in a long while.

A) Is Vi fun to play against and play as?
Been enjoying her a lot, I like the mix of cooldown management as well as auto attack focus with her W interaction, and playing against her feels rather tense with her high damage spikes, making you keep an eye out for incoming Q charges.

B) Does Vi feel right when you play her?
Her offensive mechanics feel great, charging in with Q leading with an Auto Attack followed by E swing reset feels powerful, fast and satisfying. The sense "Impact" fits her really well.
Being a mana based physical damage fighter, her builds feels pretty diverse, in my games Ive tried different builds and have had relative success with most of them. My favorite so far being some early AD followed by Cooldown Reduction items such as Brutalizer and Glacial Shroud.

C) Is Vi someone you feel is worth bringing to a team?
As a high damage melee champ, I'd definitely like her on my team with some heavy lockdown. What I feel sets her apart is how well she can seemingly enable or follow up with ganks and skirmishes. Want someone to go in first? She can Q into ult while jungler runs in. Jungler goes first? She gets perfect time to set up a 1-2 punch for the damage.

Overall I think she'll be a great addition to the League and I'll be testing her a lot more over the coming days, she is a champ that I feel has some great potential.

Apologies if this was sort of a thinly spread post, but I've been up all night, and I hope it was to some use.

darkwithless

12-07-2012

Vi was partially inspired by Red Line, you don't know how happy that makes me.

mid Vox

12-07-2012

Reserving for feedback