Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Vi, the Piltover Enforcer - Feedback Thread

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

msirae

12-07-2012

just tried a game with vi. she looks great, handles great, and i had a ton of fun with her. her ult is super cool and makes her good for insta-bursting squishies in teamfights.

i do think her damage and cooldowns need to be fixed, though. i think she simply does too much damage in too little time, especially with a full build. i think the cd on her q needs to be increased a bit, as well as her e, or at least the rate at which she recharges punches. her passive w seems fine. her ult probably needs to be nerfed a bit in damage, but otherwise it's fun.

cannot wait for this champ to come out. she's amazing. props to whoever all helped put her together.

CiscoKidx

12-07-2012

Quote:
gypsylord:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have three major things I'm looking for feedback on:

A) Is Vi fun to play against and play as?
- Is this a champion you enjoy playing? Is this a champion that you are okay having on the opposing team? Do you feel there are ample opportunities for counterplay? What aspects of her are frustrating? What aspects are really cool?

B) Does Vi feel right when you play her?
-Are her punches too sluggish? Too fast? What are you building? Does it feel good on her? Should it feel good on her? Are you hitting skills when you expect to hit them? Do her animations and particles look right? How are her sounds? Is she too loud? Too quiet? etc.

C) Is Vi someone you feel is worth bringing to a team?
Assuming she eventually hits a "balanced" state, when you see someone on your team pick her are you going to feel good about it? Why or why not?

If you have any feedback that doesn't fall under one of the above topics I'd still love to hear it.

If you find a bug don't post it here!
There's another thread for that: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2874659

PS:
It's pronounced like the word "vie." (sounds like: "Vying for control&quot

A) She is super fun to play, but can definitely be frustrating to play against. Her kit lets her do pretty much anything, from being an amazing split pusher with great wave clear and insane dueling capabilities, to being an absolute team fight monster with her aoe and her ult. She can build pretty tanky and still do a lot of damage which is always frustrating to play against. Overall everything about her is really cool and all of her skills feel really great to use, but she should probably be toned down a little.

B)Her attacks feel great, especially when you get some attack speed and they start to flow together really well. I tired 2 different builds on her. The first one was a pretty standard S3 bruiser build with triforce, BC, and yomuu's along with some other bruiser items. The other build I tried was a more tanky build with FM, Iceborn gauntlets and other tanky items. Both builds felt really great to use and I think she is very easy to itemize for overall. She synergizes well with a lot of stats so I imagine their are plenty more builds that would work on her that I haven't even thought of yet. Building CDR was definitely the most satisfying thing on her because it lowers her recharge rate on her E to a little less than 5 seconds at 40%, which let's you spam it pretty easily. Iceborn gauntlet was especially fun to use with all the Aoe damage. The only skill that didn't feel quite right was her Q. Sometimes it would stop short of where you would expect it to be, and sometimes it would go a little longer. Other than that all of her animations are amazing and they all feel like they're working. Sounds are great as well.

C)I definitely wouldn't mind having her on my team. She fits in really well with a lot of team comps. Maybe a little too well like I mentioned earlier. I assume I'll still like her on my team even after she's balanced, but that ultimately depends on how she is balanced.

As for overall feedback, she is super fun to play and if feels like she was put together well. Everything from her animations to her dance to her overall personality feel like they belong on her. The only thing I would change about her look would be to change her backpack like someone mentioned earlier in this thread.

AriesMajor

12-07-2012

She needs to use her left and right hooks more often, her footwork needs more work, Its fun to dunk people literally, and uhhh, I'm not sure if her attack speed isn't working or what but, I just baught a black cleaver sword of the divine berzerk grieves combo and her attacks didn't feel like the speed was on point. dunno.

She feels good though.

failboattootoot

12-07-2012

A) Vi is incredibly fun to play as. I don't think I've enjoyed a kit this much since Riven. Play against, I dunno as I haven't done so yet. In theory, I would be relatively ok with having her on the enemy team assuming some numbers passes were done because they seem incredibly strong right now. Counterplay seems likely since she is a melee with all the disadvantages that entails.

B) In terms of feel, she is perfect. Don't change anything! I built Black Cleaver, vamp scepter, boots 3, BT, Frozen Mallet, Zephyr, Randuins. It murdered, which was exactly what I expected it to do. Next time I play her I am planning on doing something more hp focused (cleaver, warmogs, atmas, zephyr probably).

C) I will feel good, because she has a strong initiation in her ult and some really good damage right now. Too good. I do think the damage that she does needs to be toned down. I think with my bonus AD my E's were hitting for 600 and that seems like a lot, especially stacked with dented.

Random Feedback: Please, please, please don't give her splash screen art a ridiculous Liefield pose. For the love of all that is good and decent please just let her be standing straight or hunched forward like a boxer, none of this pointless arching back nonsense. I will be so sad otherwise.

Dondarrion

12-07-2012

Well Riot, you managed to create my new favourite champion. Her dash is so cool, makes her very agile unlike most bruisers, her graphics and animations are top notch, I was blown away when I tried her E and saw how it blew everything away lol, she has a dunk, which is awesome and an aa passive. My perfect champion all rolled into one awesome female.

A) Very fun to play, feels like Riven 2.0 for me. Playing against her might be troublesome most likely going to be roaming for ganks since she's great at them, probably going to have to play aggressive with hard cc and have, Jax/Riven come to mind.

B) Her mechanics are great, built TF, BT, Zephyr, BC, Frozen Heart and Boots of Swiftness so she could still chase and gain distance while charging her Q, 410-415 while charging.

C) She seems like a strong pick on most team comps, can top and jungle pretty fast with her E or clearing and her Q for going over walls as well as her shield.

But as much as I like her I do think she is a bit too strong, her ratios are quite high for how slippery she is (usually high mobility champs don't have too much sustained damage (Kass) or have lower but fast sustained damage (Akali) whereas Vi has great burst, a bruiser so she can be tanky and an attack speed buff for high dps after her initial burst with her W passive).

There are a few things I'm sure you're already planning on doing but please don't reduce her dash distance, I love her playstyle so much and to me it all revolves around her Q. With my ping I can't play champs that ward jump as the latency of me placing a ward and jumping on it pretty much make it pointless so I usually don't get to play many high mobility champs.

TL;DR
Amazing champion, if you do change her please don't hurt her by changing her core mechanics.

Byorgue

12-07-2012

Idk if this has been asked yet, but how does her w passive arm debuff work with black cleavers arm debuff? I found that even though black cleaver says it does 4 stacks I can't seem to get a 4th stack after her 3rd stack on her w goes off.

chimecat

12-07-2012

Quote:
plasmatorture:
It seems to me that switching her passive with her W would be great, as it would allow her to choose to use an ability to harass without triggering her shield.

Seconded. Although her base atk speed is really slow, that feels right to me thematically. You've got to build up AAs on one enemy to really get going (or just build AS). I agree with a few others who've mentioned she feels like she's putting out maybe just a little too much damage.

Willo

Recruiter

12-07-2012

Vi is so sick. Gypsylord thank you for pushing it out the door so soon. : D

Also. I love you and your work, I only hope you continue to do the best. Good job bro. <3

(should aram sometime ;D)

AbsolutionJailor

12-07-2012

Honestly, she seems great. I'll start with abilities.

(Passive innate): Shield gets pretty mindlessly great late game, though I'm not quite sure on the cooldown. Right now it starts around 16s (when you don't have much health) and ends at 8s (when you can afford to have a lot).

Also, it doesn't seem to be taking certain things into account. Runes/masteries maybe. I had 2000 health, it claimed it'd only absorb 190~.

(Q): A lot of fun. I like that I can remain mobile while charging, though the cooldown scale is kind of strange too. Starts at 19 and ends at 7? For what it does, I really feel it could go 16-8, so it's a little more accessible early and a little less silly with lots of CDR late.

I didn't try going over walls with it though. Is it capable of going over small walls?

(W): Very cool. No complaints. Debuffs an enemy for team synergy, the attack speed gain is great, and the scaling is pretty good. I like that it activates from certain abilities too.

(E): Great synergy with Tiamat/Hydra, does so well at farming, harassing, feels epic to use.

(R): Epic. In every sense of the word. Long cooldown is easily forgivable considering its power. It seems to always put me on the far side of my enemies, which combos well into Q.

I really like her design, and her gameplay seems solid.

StuperMundi

12-07-2012

Quote:
gypsylord:
I have three major things I'm looking for feedback on:

A) Is Vi fun to play against and play as?
- Is this a champion you enjoy playing? Is this a champion that you are okay having on the opposing team? Do you feel there are ample opportunities for counterplay? What aspects of her are frustrating? What aspects are really cool?

B) Does Vi feel right when you play her?
-Are her punches too sluggish? Too fast? What are you building? Does it feel good on her? Should it feel good on her? Are you hitting skills when you expect to hit them? Do her animations and particles look right? How are her sounds? Is she too loud? Too quiet? etc.

C) Is Vi someone you feel is worth bringing to a team?
Assuming she eventually hits a "balanced" state, when you see someone on your team pick her are you going to feel good about it? Why or why not?

A. I REALLY like playing as Vi, her attacks are very unique and there is a lot of flexibility. I am not sure about playing against her, but play as her I felt that her skills were powerful but still retained a feeling of finesse. Overall it was a great and enjoyable experience. I find her individual punches to be really fun. My favorite is the movement during the Q charge. I feel like it makes Q such a versatile skill, using it for a quick dash in a 1v1, or a catch the runners sort of way. Best part of her ult: I was consistently (3/3 times) able to target a champ with R, then flash nearby and have her execute the R. I really hope this is on purpose because it opens up so many opportunities.

B. I liked the pacing of her punches and felt that her AA really felt natural. Granted I love bruisers, but the punch punch punch was really fluid and scales with AS well. The other players in the game commented on her awesomeness as well. The Voices and emotes made me chuckle and enjoy playing her even more.

C. While I look forward to playing her after she is pulled back a bit, I think that she will be an amazing addition to a team. She has a lot of versatility (in her lane) that will make her a very interesting champion to play and play against. If I saw a Vi on my team, however, I would be unhappy with their choice because I wanted to play Vi.

Bravo. Really. Nami is fun and Vi is just.........fantabulous. Really. You did a brilliant job of creating a great champion.

lso, the comments about her default skin being made into more steampunky are brilliant and should be considered, but I also like the way it is now. Afterall, this is hextech stuff.