Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Vi, the Piltover Enforcer - Feedback Thread

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rufen

Recruiter

12-07-2012

I know it's weird for someone with two gapclosers, but she seems to have a hard time sticking to people. I don't know of any champion that really has a this hard of a time but jeeze, it seems that I actually NEED to build a phage if I ever want a kill.

Might be that every lane I've gone in with her- in only two games- have had a Nunu in it. Like, I blew everything on the guy, and I swear if he had the Nunu Bot skin, he would've been spamming that while running away from me.

shyym

12-07-2012

Vi is useless. Awaiting Vim.

Strossus Gran

12-07-2012

Quote:
shyym:
Vi is useless. Awaiting Vim.

I appreciate your Vigor.

gypsylord

Champion Designer

12-07-2012

Thanks for all the feedback folks.

I'm actually pretty sick ATM so I should probably get to bed.

Will hop into this thread again tomorrow and start responding to things.

I plan on reading Every. Single. Post. Keep the feedback flowing. I want Vi to be as awesome as she can be. Your help is much appreciated. <3

topgunLT1

12-07-2012

Y not make her a new energy cost for skills like battery or something (like how Rumble got heat) .
I think battery should be a cross between energy and rage , kinda like Rengar's ferocity but still have that energy concept of (if u dont have the energy u cant use ur skills but if u have it in the right amount u'l gain extra effects).
Y i think of this is cause of her ulti . I like the concept of her taking the opponent with her in air like a hack and slash game, but she's unable to do anything else while in that state other than to land on the ground and use other skills on ground.

Can riot try this out , just make it so taht she can use her other skills in that air state in her ulti.
try it out . The batter concept was for this new thing, so taht she can burst out fast but like energy she runs out of it if u do so.

Strossus Gran

12-07-2012

Custom game yes, but soloed Baron at ~30 minutes in without much trouble and no elixirs. Build was: wriggles, BC, mercs, wits end, iceborn gauntlet, warmog. Not a lot of champs can pull off an easy solo in a custom game, at least not for me. Vayne, Yi, Fiora...Vi lol

I cannot wait for her to go Live :<

Codehh

12-07-2012

Dear Gypsylord,

Thank you for creating my new favorite champion of all time. Vi is absolutely amazing in every single way. Great work.

Sincerely,
A very excited player.

efink009

12-07-2012

Quote:
IronStylus:
Vi's development was done in a complete vacuum from those arguments. She developed holistically on her own. There was no catering. We will continue to do what is right for the individual character as was the case with Vi.

"built in a vacuum"? Postmodernism would like to have a word with you... you can't do anything in a vacuum, IronStylus :/

Gargaftaback

Recruiter

12-07-2012

As it sits right now I think she needs some serious balancing.

In a custom game I just ran, at level 18 and with only 4 items I was able so solo baron maintaining around 75-80% health with no dodging of Baron's attacks in any way.

Items Used:
Tri-force
Ravenous Hydra
Blade of the Ruined King
Berserker's Greaves

RoofiedTiger

12-07-2012

She reminds me of a Lady version of Spencer in Bionic commando and UMVC3. Every time i use her
Q im going to yell "BIONIC ARRRRRRRMMMMM!" I cant wait to buy her