Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Vi, the Piltover Enforcer - Feedback Thread

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

12-07-2012

Quote:
Dodo Torpedo:
So is it safe to assume that her racer skin is inspired by the movie Redline? (Anime not that **** american movie)

Among other things, I think it's safe to say yes =)

Lord Gildarts

12-07-2012

Vi is pretty boss.

Dodo Torpedo

12-07-2012

Quote:
IronStylus:

That right there made it a definite patch day buy.

Vulking

12-07-2012

Quote:
IronStylus:

That was an awesome movie, and had such an amazing ost.. MACHIIIINNNE HEEEEEAD!!!!!!!!!!

Strossus Gran

12-07-2012

Gypsy, congrats this champ rules! I am going to be sorry to see her numbers get nerfed down a bit as right now she's a blast!

Just threw in a quick test 1-4 run in the jungle. 21/9/0 AD reds/quints armor yellow/MR blues, machete+5. No leash, <4 min clear, exit with >60% health (more like 70%) going W E W Q. The way her CC runs makes her a bit iffy for high tier jungler, but definitely doable.

Another full custom game went doran's blade x2 > boots > phage > brutalizer > iceborn gauntlet (she really likes the CDR for Q/E and makes good use of the active but I can see a case for pure AD being made) > FM > hex, felt really smooth. Using her Q to cross walls she covers the map super fast.

I don't feel like her kit will make her OP top/jungle once the numbers get tuned, just very solid, very fun, very very awesome. Love her personality, if Piltover has motorcycles, I'm betting she owns one

One other thing...anyone else think of Big O on her E? SHOWTIME

CynicalGiant

12-07-2012

Her name will cause confusion, hypocrisy and trouble for Riot and new players alike.

I posted about it in this thread, http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2875202, but to reiterate:
- Vi sounds too much and looks too much like Yi. May cause confusion between players in chat, and new/foreign players.
- Vi will probably be pronounced like Vee, which sounds much too feminine
- If it was spelled like Vy it would be pronounced like you want it to be, and would fit more with it possibly being short for Violence. (also rhymes with Die)
- Six sounds rougher, cooler and more mysterious. Nobody knows where she is from. She is just tough. Might attract more people to play her and like her due to the emphasis of said mystery

Evolution Of War

12-07-2012

I seem to be having some weird bug with Vi and Black Cleaver. When I get a Black Cleaver on Vi ( Have not tested for other champs!!!), in my Champion Stats (C) it says I have 20% CDR, which is 2x what I get from BC. Upon getting my 2nd BC, it still says 20%, but that's actually correct. Ability CD's don't seem to change by this false 20% CDR.

Lepercoon

12-07-2012

Holy **** is all i have to say. she very badly needs a few nerf bats to the head. a Shield, 2 knock up/backs, and a dash and an armor break. her ratios are Much to high atm from what i have seen. i would love to take a look at her in a patch or two, hell i love playing Op champs but even im not going to jump on this one shes just a little to much right out the door.

NanaMadHouse

12-07-2012

Quote:
gypsylord:
Greetings PBE Summoners,
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have three major things I'm looking for feedback on:

A) Is Vi fun to play against and play as?
- Is this a champion you enjoy playing? Is this a champion that you are okay having on the opposing team? Do you feel there are ample opportunities for counterplay? What aspects of her are frustrating? What aspects are really cool?

B) Does Vi feel right when you play her?
-Are her punches too sluggish? Too fast? What are you building? Does it feel good on her? Should it feel good on her? Are you hitting skills when you expect to hit them? Do her animations and particles look right? How are her sounds? Is she too loud? Too quiet? etc.

C) Is Vi someone you feel is worth bringing to a team?
Assuming she eventually hits a "balanced" state, when you see someone on your team pick her are you going to feel good about it? Why or why not?

If you have any feedback that doesn't fall under one of the above topics I'd still love to hear it.

If you find a bug don't post it here!
There's another thread for that: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2874659

this is my first view on her.. and just play her once.. so dont blame me hard due what i saw :P

a) she feels good. i thinking as an enemy champ is pretty strong late game. W passive in combo with her E hurts a lot, the sounds of the punch help you in both case: to avoid the combo or to do it at time. the CD on her E is pretty good and let you make at least 2 strikes in a row without troubles (i was able to make 4 with full build)
to counter her you need the right range and a bit of cc (in your team mate or yourself) since she can close the gap in a bit with her Q. I see her like the perfect opponent for top jayce/darius (darius vs vi will be awesome). Is a great bruiser.. dont try to build other way. and as bruiser.. she deserve respect xD

b) animations and particles looks good to me.. im not a great fan of big lights or explosion or big Fxs so is fine. the sounds are pretty cool and like i say the punch sounds help you to make or avoid the combo

c) i think she will be a great addition the the field of justice. could be a good top or even a jungler. for a skilled player she can counter diana mid. i dont think she have a high curve to learn properly how to play, but still need a good player to not die easily or be hard counter.

the only thing maybe need to be balanced a bit is the combo with her 3d attack and her E, since her E really hurt plus the % current enemy heal bonus attack is a pain.. a big pain. the CD on E is pretty good.. i will not touch that side, maybe the AD scale.. just my though

on the other side for the smart caster, since you have to hold-on Q to make the dash longer.. i will really enjoy a faster slider to keep it effective like other dash, even for engage or escape situations (like ez, graves, etc). atm i have to click forward in the map to keep moving meanwhile i hold-on Q to reach the range.. not hard stuff.. but since the slider animation is pretty slow you lose an easy target (to collide) some times or are out of position to dash through a wall.

P.S.: some pics of my build and the stats of it.

i think on this build like very viable, because you have 2 slow.. one for cast (remember if you collide whit your Q and auto attack, or at your E) and one for phage. at the same time i got armor, magic resist, a decent damage, a shield (by Maw) a bit of AP whit the passive of sheen.. a nice MS and so on.. pretty tanky, nice damage with a lot of ArPen, good stuff for initiate and make a good team fight.

http://imageshack.us/a/img703/8405/vi4.png
http://imageshack.us/a/img268/9136/vi3.png
http://imageshack.us/a/img651/8721/vi2.png
http://imageshack.us/a/img13/528/vi1f.png

BadgerDrool

12-07-2012

Have not bought a new champion in awhile...beat borderlands 2 with Maya....yes I think I may have to get her on release.