Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Vi, the Piltover Enforcer - Feedback Thread

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

plasmatorture

Recruiter

12-07-2012

Ugh I had a good writeup ready to post and accidentally lost it...

Vi feels great, she's my favorite champion designed yet so good job.

To me she feels really sluggish attack speed wise until you build Berserker Greaves and an AS item. Her W feels to me like it should work like Jax/Volibear and give you attack speed with each strike instead of only after the 3rd. I know that puts her in a very similar place to Volibear but it seems like it's being different just to be different and that's just bad for Vi's sake. If it has to stay this way, perhaps W could give an attack speed boost on activation. Didn't you guys make a conscious design decision to eliminate all pure passive abilities from QWER?

I also thinks he would feel better with a more direct way to control her shield. She feels like a champ that you want to spam abilities on all the time and her shield makes you want to err on the conservative side with her ability usage and that creates a tension with her character, I get that, but to me it detracts from the flow of playing her. It seems to me that switching her passive with her W would be great, as it would allow her to choose to use an ability to harass without triggering her shield. I can understand keeping it the way it is though, maybe it should charge slightly faster?

Did you ever consider making her manaless?

She seems too squishy to be considered a bruiser and not a melee ADC, but i suppose that just varies with how you build her. I feel like her kit screams to be built melee ADC though, and it seems to me some way to get more survivability out of attack speed (besides buying wit's end and lifesteal).

How influenced by smash bros is she? I feel like Q is very reminiscent of Falcon Punch and her passive charging vaguely reminds me of ROB and Wario's similar mechanics.
In January I tried (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1687833) designing a champ with a falcon punch like mechanic but Vi's captures that feel in a much better way. If it wasn't intentional, well, good job nonetheless!

Arclune

12-07-2012

First Impression in a 1v1 Vi vs Vi game.

A) Is Vi fun to play against and play as?

I find that Range champions would have to be wary of her E and some melee champion would have a little difficult time due to her W. She is a fun champion overall when playing against and playing as her. Her Q, E, and R brings a fresh new feeling to the game. I like her flashy movements when using her abilities.

B) Does Vi feel right when you play her?
When playing her passively, she feels slow but powerful. Black Cleaver seems a little too powerful on her. Engage with Q, E, E, proc W, and finish with R. Makes a really cool combo. Animation is awesome but her W armor break could use a little more flare. Thats just me though. Her sound is... lol, I can't even remember what her abilities sounds like. Just too plain I guess or her animation and particles is more appealing.

C) Is Vi someone you feel is worth bringing to a team?
If the current meta remains the same, then yes I would pick her. She is like Riven at the moment. If she engages at the right moment, the enemy will fall apart with proper casting.

Arctanus

12-07-2012

Quote:
gypsylord:
A teacup? On Vi? Only lame uptight losers like Caitlyn would ever drink from a teacup. You must be mistaken.

Are you implying some hidden interaction between Vi and Caitlyn?

Faytzen

12-07-2012

Her q is a gap closer but if it fails she won't do so well. Playing against ranged champions will be tough for her because her gap closer can easily be dodged. (You can see her charging up and its not exactly fast enough)

Her w's animation with the armor breaking is really nice. I like it.

I still want to know if the game is going to have a Vi - Caitlyn interaction.

Solari Brigadier

12-07-2012

Quote:
gypsylord:
A teacup? On Vi? Only lame uptight losers like Caitlyn would ever drink from a teacup. You must be mistaken.

Hint hint wink wink... I hope you're not taunting anyone with that information.

Ginga

Recruiter

12-07-2012

Okay, I just realized something really bothering about Vi.

Look at this video. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=a6pI5euhPKQ#!)

That laugh of hers at 0:18 is uncomfortably..."pervy obese man"-ish.

gypsylord

Champion Designer

12-07-2012

Quote:
SaFire2342:
is it "VEE" or "6"

Caitlyn calls her "Vy" (sounds like: "Vying for control). This is the official pronunciation recognized by things that are official.

Doesn't mean everyone in Piltover pronounces it that way.

Hofstee

12-07-2012

When I played her on the PBE it seemed to me like her movespeed is just too high.

Her gloves are massive and it just doesn't quite feel right in my opinion for her to be moving that quickly. Maybe animation tweaking would fix the issue, but it just seems a bit awkward at the moment.

G0suL1k3

12-07-2012

First of all, congratulations on this awesome champ! Iam a bruiser player and really loved many things about her.

I feel she could be a very strong champion in competitve play because of her versatility. I love when champions can go many builds depending on the situation. Tanky works (her passive and nice skills damage/utility) full AD caster works, and anything in between. I feel its not an easy hero to master mechanically, and that I like as well. Her laning phase is strong, as well as her teamfight presence. She could be played as a jungler as well.

I must agree with some ppl her with her Q tho. her first cast kinda stops her for a bit, idk if its intended or if it should be fixed.

Her pre 6 is risky in lane. It feels like a xin to me. her Q invites u to go all in, but u cannot disengage easily after that. Once u have ur ult, its great in teamfights cause u can start with it and then use Q to follow up or get out of the fight if u need to. I find her really interesting to play, sorta like lee sin: u can make DA BIG PLAYS happen.

Seriously dude, I salute you. Keep bringing us more next year!

PodunkTheMighty

12-07-2012

I like this character... I mean, I really want to like her, because a Punchy McPuncherton with oversized gauntlets is pretty cool to me...

Buuuuuuut it's her hair. I hate it. I feel like in trying to add diversity(which is great and I fully support!) You've stepped a toe over the line into stereotyping. The pink punk-rock lesbian 'do makes it feel to me that you are trying too hard and overdoing it a little bit.

I do like her, though. When I first heard about her and her gauntlets I was hoping she would be a Yordle, but humans are people too. : )

Also, what's with the little tutu ruffle on the saide of her waist? It seems really out-of-place.