Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Vi, the Piltover Enforcer - Feedback Thread

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Komeiji Koishi

12-06-2012

To be completely honest, I don't like the way her E works, because it doesn't feel as powerful as when Jayce knocks people back a short distance with his Mercury Hammer.

Other than that, it looks like most of her kit synergizes pretty well for an AD caster/bruiser. I'd imagine her ult rampaging towards the enemy AD carry like Olaf does for his Ragnarok. As far as balance goes, numbers are all right and she has a decent amount of CC. Her high amount of base health as well as passive allows her to be bruiser/survivable while still maintaining mostly damage-oriented spells meant to disrupt enemy team positioning.

Faytzen

12-06-2012

She reminds me of Wreck It Ralph. Just the female version of him though

On a serious note, her kit is amazing. That excessive force ability (E) is ridiculously short, 1 second cooldown on all levels? Yeah, it holds charges but when you hit 2 charges you can just combo them to death with your whole kit. That feels more of an ASSASSIN than a bruiser.

It's nice she gets a shield for her passive, makes her more of a duelist in lane too. Also Vault Breaker (Q) can go through walls, which is a plus Has a long cooldown at level 1 so I suggest getting E first to be honest. Q I feel is a gap closer or to disengage, not really to use for harrassing.

Last is the ultimate, oh my ****ing god. Such a powerful ultimate lol. And I like that you can combine E into it. Excessive Force - Assault and Battery, feels so amazing.

But like I said, it feels too much of an assassin kit with a little tankiness on the side. It doesn't exactly feel bruiser mode for me

In a teamfight I can see her picking out an AP carry or an AD carry and just combo or wail on him to death. She's not a peeler, there's not much she can do for teamfights other than isolate the carries and killing them. (Though her ultimate is really nice that it spreads an aoe damage to the other enemies too)

Redeemed In Fire

12-06-2012

Quote:
NotBuzzJack:
So uh, what up with the AP ratio on her E?

For sheen, it's kind of crazy with E and frozen fist.

My thoughts:

Color scheme does feel a bit odd, her R is randomly a golden explosion color instead of bluish like the rest of her abilities?? And she's got this weird 5-tone thing going on on her suit/hair/gauntlets?

SwiftC3

12-06-2012

Quote:
DreamsOfGrandeur:
Just found out we've got a new champion coming in.
It's late, all I've seen in an animation/ability-preview video, so I can only comment on her visual model.

Plain and Simple:
Her model looks very cluttered.

She's got at least 3 different colours clashing for dominance between her gauntlets, hair, and suit, and they aren't really giving off any cohesive synergy in the design/visual department.

As a major game developer, I think RiotGames can do better.

A champion's on-release RP skin(s) should not seem outright superior in visual design. They should only offer different flavors of the champion instead. (Like how Jack of Hearts Twisted Fate offers a romantic feel, but is not necessarily better looking to TF's default)
A major offender of this is Zed in my opinion. His white-ninja skin is gloriously simple and much more akin to the "ninja" theme we see in Akali, Kennen, and Shen; while his default skin looks like a tacky shredder rip-off.

Just to clarify things

Talon is more akin to Shredder, especially if you are going by the 1980s animated series.
Zed is alot closer to Super Shredder from TMNT 4: Turtles in Time for SNES......

Ty for your Pizza time

Solari Brigadier

12-06-2012

That was fun Damiya and Gypsylord! Wish I played a better Ziggs though. =(

Also, Vi looks absolutely amazing, and is strong as hell. Damiya killed me so hard. ;-;

RiotZeronis

Concept Artist

12-06-2012

Quote:
MasterEvilAce:
Is Vi her real/full name? Or is it an abbreviation/code name to surprise people?
Please tell me it's short for something.... something like Vivian.

Vi is just silly.

It could be couple of things. Violence, Vice, or Violet. Vi is usually short for Violet I heard...

Arctanus

12-06-2012

Her passive appears to not be applying a full 10% of her max HP. When she activates Q it stops her in place. Her damage on her E is insanely good.

She is extremely satisfying to play as. Her clearing with Statik Shiv and her E is awesome. I tried out Tiamat and its upgrade but I'm pretty sure her E and Statik will be more than enough. Gives her another defensive slot.

Daemon

12-06-2012

Quote:
Vulking:
She is disgustingly thin, I don't feel the power at all, and Vi is quite a sily name, call her Vix, or Viv or something with more than 2 letters.

She need way more muscle, even Ezreal look physically stronger than her which is silly.

I see 2 options:
- The hard way: buff her overall model muscles.
- The easy way: reduce the absurd size of her gauntlets a bit so she doesn't look like Fiddlestick wearing Siege Minions on her hands.

I feel like she should have more meat on her bones, however when you look at her model straight on (like in the preview videos) she looks like the belt is painfully restricting her waist. But when you play her in-game, she looks tough. Maybe it's the illusion of the armor/gauntlets. Diana's pretty average for an athletic female and I was hoping more for proportions like that.

gypsylord

Champion Designer

12-06-2012

Quote:
aZnPYTHONaZn:
@Gypsylord : Was this idea from a league of legends player? I think I saw a very much similar concept awhile ago.

I should probably clear this up now. The similarities between Vi and Quinn are mere coincidence.

Vi has been in development for 6 months.

Izzabelle's amazing thread (AWESOME ART BTW) has been on the forums for 4 weeks.

AR Manimal

12-06-2012

Angus the Puncher's little sister.