Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Vi, the Piltover Enforcer - Feedback Thread

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Freakin Gary Oak

12-06-2012

I just want to say I had the same issue with the voiceovers stopping shortly after the game begins. To reproduce, try using one of her emotes, she stops talking and never says another word.

Magni

12-06-2012

Holy **** she's so fun. Awesome job with her kit Riot.

She may need to be tweaked numbers wise though.. 20% of HP damage 4 times in 2 seconds might be a little strong lol.

DreamsOfGrandeur

12-06-2012

Just found out we've got a new champion coming in.
It's late, all I've seen in an animation/ability-preview video, so I can only comment on her visual model.

Plain and Simple:
Her model looks very cluttered.

She's got at least 3 different colours clashing for dominance between her gauntlets, hair, and suit, and they aren't really giving off any cohesive synergy in the design/visual department.

As a major game developer, I think RiotGames can do better.

A champion's on-release RP skin(s) should not seem outright superior in visual design. They should only offer different flavors of the champion instead. (Like how Jack of Hearts Twisted Fate offers a romantic feel, but is not necessarily better looking to TF's default)
A major offender of this is Zed in my opinion. His white-ninja skin is gloriously simple and much more akin to the "ninja" theme we see in Akali, Kennen, and Shen; while his default skin looks like a tacky shredder rip-off.

Edit: Also, I think her gauntlets' size are overkill.

Shrinking them down like 5-10% would probably help, but this is just my personal preference.

The PKK Revenge

12-06-2012

Quote:
Freakin Gary Oak:
I just want to say I had the same issue with the voiceovers stopping shortly after the game begins. To reproduce, try using one of her emotes, she stops talking and never says another word.

The stream I was watching, she did start talking again after about 5 minutes. But now that I think of it, she stopped again after a few minutes lol.

Vulking

12-06-2012

She is disgustingly thin, I don't feel the power at all, and Vi is quite a sily name, call her Vix, or Viv or something with more than 2 letters.

She need way more muscle, even Ezreal look physically stronger than her which is silly.

I see 2 options:
- The hard way: buff her overall model muscles.
- The easy way: reduce the absurd size of her gauntlets a bit so she doesn't look like Fiddlestick wearing Siege Minions on her hands.

Carthegian

12-06-2012

Vi just became my favorite champion.
I got to play her in a quick game to try her out before I went to sleep, and my god, she is so incredibly fun.

Her E is probably my favorite part of her kit. It is so satisfying to auto-E and wreck, or destroy a minion wave in a second. I absolutely love everything about it. The low cd makes it so much better, much more of a bread and butter type of skill.

Her Q took me a little time to get used to. I play with smartcast so I did not understand the first/second cast mechanic at first, but once I got it down I was using it no problem. I barely noticed the movespeed reduction while charging and it just felt good to use. No problems here, a very nice addition to her kit.

The passive is again, a very nice addition to her kit. For a champ who has to get in close and who will probably be taking obscene amounts of focus and damage, it's great for her survivability. Something to look at may be to let the shields stack on repeated skill use, but with diminishing returns (75%, 50%, etc).

I had a little trouble making use of her W, mostly because I was killing things too fast. It's a nice passive that synergizes well with her auto-E-auto rinse % repeat. It has a nice in-your-face-I'm-going-to-beat-you-'till-you're-dead feel.

Her animations all felt smooth and many laughs were had at her jokes. She's so fun. I love her. I can't say much more than that. Congrats on the huge success. I can't wait to play her more.

ArkofIce

12-06-2012

Was this champ in any way inspired by the the popular forum post a while go asking for a boxing champion?

Arance

12-06-2012

Quote:
gypsylord:
Vi doesn't wear fuzzy things. Or gloves.

She wears gauntlets. Metal. Gauntlets.

That Q... Tell us the truth, she was inspired by Makoto from Blazblue, yes?

(Also needs more FAAAALCONE PAAAAUUUUNCH)

Tobius the Grand

12-06-2012

Quote:
Zerglinator:
Her catchphrase needs to be "I'd hit that."

I logged in just to up-vote this.

ThaWiseWolf

12-06-2012

First impressions (messing around with her)

A) Is Vi fun to play against and play as?
-Her combo is a lot of fun to use (Charged Q, Auto, E, Auto, E, Auto).
-I don't feel sluggish, her movespeed is really high.
-Her Q, although very strong also has some decent counterplay, and feels rewarding to hit.
-Her character sounds add to the experience of beating people down.

B) Does Vi feel right when you play her?
-She does feel like the champion she is. Her ultimate isn't as satisfying to use as I'd think it would be, but it is still a really good ability that will help dive carries easily, along with preventing the enemy team from stopping you. Also her sounds are a bit loud, may just be me but hitting everything felt as satisfying as hitting a Jayce E.

C) Is Vi someone you feel is worth bringing to a team?
-I think she could be a very viable top laner. Her passive shield is really decent, and she has very strong pushing power with her E's and Q's. This can work against her though, as she passively pushes the lane when harassing with these abilities. Once she gets her five points in Q, having a 340 damage nuke in lane is really nice even knowing it may be difficult to hit. Late game her AOE is decent, and her carry diving potential is very high. In teamfights her combo has a lot of counterplay, although she can easily dive your carry with her ultimate with her CC immunity, landing a full combo after that is kind of difficult, but probably not necessary considering the supression and knockup, followed by the knockback on her Q (charged or not) leaves the carry completely helpless for long enough to get your team to kill the carry. We'll see how everyone else feels about her though, I think she has potential to be a strong jungler, too. Sort of like Warwick, except less CC in favor of higher damage.