Blackfire Torch: Still worth it?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ZenithZephyr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-05-2012

And if so, on who and when?

herpderpsmurf21

12-05-2012

yes
everyone that used it before
anytime it was used before

ZenithZephyr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-06-2012

-10% Cooldown Reduction
-5% Magic Pen
Charge Delay from 1 sec to 1.5 sec
Maximum Health Burn changed from 1.67% per tick and 25 charges (41.75%), to 1.75% and 18 charges (31.5%)

Still a must buy on just about every caster? I'm not so convinced.

FOODFOOD

12-06-2012

Well if you look at it that way... I look at it by its base stats. They're still insanely good, but not on every caster anymore. Anyone with a DoT still wrecks with it.

Ashno

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenithZephyr View Post
-5% Cooldown Reduction
-5% Magic Pen
Charge Delay from 1 sec to 1.5 sec
Maximum Health Burn changed from 1.67% per tick and 25 charges (41.75%), to 1.75% and 18 charges (31.5%)

Still a must buy on just about every caster? I'm not so convinced.
31.5% of their health. ur rite thats totally bad

Goggris

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashno View Post
I only buy items that take away 100% of their health.

ZenithZephyr

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashno View Post
That's if you can apply 18 stacks which translates to 9 spells with 0 overlap between ticks and a minimum of 18 seconds. Also, aoe spells spread this percentage out. You also get less damage on harass, as it's only two ticks instead of three. As of now, I'm buying it on mord and teemo. I'm not saying the item is terrible, but the old stats were so ridic it was a rush item on every single caster. Now I'm curious who makes the cut and who doesn't.

sthorwall

12-07-2012

Originally underpowered. Now much more viable. Imho, basically works well on anyone who synergizes with the added DoT.
That'll mean any poisoners/burners/dots (Teemo, Brand, Cass, Singed, Swain, etc) and anybody who can hit-and-run or kite well. (Therefore Torch + Rylai's is usually pretty fun.)

If the straight stats make sense for what you want, get it, and the passive is gravy.

PrinceVert

12-07-2012

It's OP as **** on Brand

lordfrezon

12-07-2012

I really like it on champions that can deal lots of poke damage or have very low cooldowns (eve, brand, tf, zyra come to mind here) Also, If you're just building one of the pieces (mainly the guise), it's probably a good idea to complete the item (katarina is a champ that comes to mind for this). It's still a good item but not an auto-build any more and is no longer game destroying.