Black Cleaver's popularity vs. win rate

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Blaine Tog

Senior Member

12-10-2012

I don't mean this to be a QQ or counter-QQ thread. I just found it amusing that while The Black Cleaver's popularity has been skyrocketing since the patch, its win rate is actually going down.

http://www.lolking.net/items/3071#statistics


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

King Reedwise

Senior Member

12-10-2012

If someone is dealing True Damage to you, you don't build armor.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Top Hat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-10-2012

People on both sides (winning and losing) are building it. Also, I imagine there's a lot of idiots building it on champions who can't fully utilize it "for the lulz."


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jr Troopa

Senior Member

12-10-2012

If a champion/Item is picked 100% of the time, it will have a 50% win rate, Until it drops below that, this data is meaningless.

Edit: By 100% I mean on both teams.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

220 York St

Member

12-10-2012

The chart is actually great proof that Black Cleaver is at the time an OP item. Before, with a very low popularity, its win rate hovered at about 69-70%. I don't know about you, but a 69% win rate for just building BC is a bit strong.

Then as popularity rises, it's because people on both sides are building it - winning and losing.
If BC was built 100% of the time, it would only have a 50% win rate.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Undtoromeso

Senior Member

12-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr Troopa View Post
If a champion/Item is picked 100% of the time, it will have a 50% win rate, Until it drops below that, this data is meaningless.

Edit: By 100% I mean on both teams.
Except that the team with the MOST black cleavers would influence the % more, right? 25 black cleavers to 20, GG.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AlphariusRising

Member

12-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 220 York St View Post
The chart is actually great proof that Black Cleaver is at the time an OP item. Before, with a very low popularity, its win rate hovered at about 69-70%. I don't know about you, but a 69% win rate for just building BC is a bit strong.

Then as popularity rises, it's because people on both sides are building it - winning and losing.
If BC was built 100% of the time, it would only have a 50% win rate.
The ~70% win rate was before the preseason patch.

Spoiler: The winning team gets to build more items due to snowball, most items, especially expensive ones, have high win rates.

Deathcap was 67% during the same time period as BC was ~70%
Same with Archangel's.

You'd be really hard pressed to find a completed item with a less than 50% win rate, and almost all of the expensive ones are over 60%


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

220 York St

Member

12-10-2012

Your team's win chance of this game = (# of black cleaver on your team) / (# black cleavers in the game)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Khaste

Senior Member

12-10-2012

Its because people have finally realised that only 500 elos build 2 blackcleavers


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheWaveWizard

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaine Tog View Post
I don't mean this to be a QQ or counter-QQ thread. I just found it amusing that while The Black Cleaver's popularity has been skyrocketing since the patch, its win rate is actually going down.

http://www.lolking.net/items/3071#statistics
Yes, but look at the top champs using it, and their win rates.

Some people are probably building it on champs they shouldn't be, bringing the rate down. Either way, the item is stupid right now, and completely invalidates armor.

It should remedy some of the problems AD champs face when dealing with armor stackers. It shouldn't enable them to do damn near true damage against tanks.


12