So how bout' dat new Youtube layout?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chompey

12-06-2012

Besides the fact that it absolutely sucks, what's your opinion on it? I personally did not mind Youtube changing up their layout or styles, as long as the quality improved and it was adaptable. But this...this is definitely THE worst design change I've ever seen on Youtube.

Nothing is centered, everything is on the left side, buttons and text are now in some dumb Arial font on top of a plain white background, comments are now clogged by thumbs-up buttons that stand out way too much and also are cluttered with how many likes a comment might have, quality of video player went down as the seeker bar now is a plain-colored semi-transparent bar.

The ONLY thing I actually enjoyed from this update is the fact that I can see other people's avatars. I personally like that change, but everything else feels like a major drop in quality, along with being totally off-centered. (Also, favorite videos are now hidden again, and have to be accessed through an obscure, complicated way).

Edit: I forgot to mention that you can't see suggested videos anymore on the homepage. It's just some dumb recommended channel section.

Elan Tedronai

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chompey View Post
what's your opinion on it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chompey View Post
Besides the fact that it absolutely sucks
The opposite of yours.

ChoppazAndDakka

12-06-2012

I loathe it. I hate having everything clumped on the left side. It's nearly half my screen is just white wall. It's like it was made without higher resolutions in mind.

Chiefwiggums

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-07-2012

it blows ass