[Champion Concept] Helba The Master of Chaos

12345678 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NobSaiboot

Senior Member

12-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moby the White View Post
oh...


welllllll thennnn

That's not to say I won't make more ever again, I just need a lot of time to conceptualized it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kilar

Senior Member

12-13-2012

First off thank you for the review
second off i came up with a nickname for you: frozen turtle
thirdly: here comes my review

Passive: i like the idea of magic resist decreasing but 35% seems like a lot and then to add it to her ability power too op for me! just bump those numbers down a bit otherwise i like the idea.

Q: for this ability i like what you have the only thing i might change is that the V can hit multiple targets in order to help farm minion waves

W: definetly a different idea i thought it might be a shield but i like that it damages foes on the chase of your friendly. For the enemy cast I like the magic damage over time but id change it to a bleed since you are skewering the enemy.

E: Pretty neat idea i imagine a blue sword with flames coming out keep the idea change the numbers 290 seems a bit high id say 210 max for an ability like this with the ap ratio.

R: cool cool idea I just picture a giant with that blue flame sword and basic attacks now have bigger range to hit since well its a giant sword! cool idea!

Lore: neat little story leaves room for a new champion her apprentice.

Overall: Nice work keep working and perfecting this idea I really like the idea of a mage that attacks with a sword pretty neat idea kinda want to make my own after this but I wont. Anyway good work and remember this is just my opinion so do not change anything if you dont want its your vision not mine keep up the good work!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NobSaiboot

Senior Member

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilar View Post
First off thank you for the review
second off i came up with a nickname for you: frozen turtle
thirdly: here comes my review
...Damn you logic :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilar View Post
Passive: i like the idea of magic resist decreasing but 35% seems like a lot and then to add it to her ability power too op for me! just bump those numbers down a bit otherwise i like the idea.
Duly Noted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilar View Post
Q : for this ability i like what you have the only thing i might change is that the V can hit multiple targets in order to help farm minion waves
Alright shouldn't be too hard to add that in.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilar View Post
W: definetly a different idea i thought it might be a shield but i like that it damages foes on the chase of your friendly. For the enemy cast I like the magic damage over time but id change it to a bleed since you are skewering the enemy.
Bleed is DoT...Just an FYI :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilar View Post
E: Pretty neat idea i imagine a blue sword with flames coming out keep the idea change the numbers 290 seems a bit high id say 210 max for an ability like this with the ap ratio.
The number are actually pretty similar to Cho'gaths' rupture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilar View Post
R: cool cool idea I just picture a giant with that blue flame sword and basic attacks now have bigger range to hit since well its a giant sword! cool idea!
Danke my friend. ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilar View Post
Lore: neat little story leaves room for a new champion her apprentice.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2838138 Consider the room taken. :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilar View Post
Overall: Nice work keep working and perfecting this idea I really like the idea of a mage that attacks with a sword pretty neat idea kinda want to make my own after this but I wont. Anyway good work and remember this is just my opinion so do not change anything if you dont want its your vision not mine keep up the good work!
Thanks man. ^^


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NobSaiboot

Senior Member

12-14-2012

Added recommended build


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dzanio

Senior Member

12-15-2012

Clarification Requested on Passive

"Power-Hungry (Passive) Helba's presence decreases enemy champion's Magic Resist (25%) and adds a percentage of the amount drained per champion (5% to a maximum of 25%) to her Ability Power. "

I get that this is a debuff (imo a little too much considering it's an aura--also, what's the radius?), and that 5% (I assume of their max mr before debuff) is added to her AP. What does it mean by to maximum of 25%? That if the entire enemy team is present she gets 25% of their cumulative MR before debuffs added to her AP? If 5% then you're looking at an AP buff (assuming the enemy team has a bulwark, and standard team comp) of around 38 AP, at 25% it would be around 190 AP.

For reference Karma's passive at level 18 gives her at most 130 AP, and requires her to be dead to achieve this max effect. Considering this passive is also an AOE debuff, it's possibly very OP. But maybe it's just not worded well?

Spectral Swords on enemy cast base damage is higher than most ultimates, with better scaling. On allied cast AOE?

Base damage on her ult is really high, as is the stat boost, and terrify duration. Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but terrify is Hec's ult mechanic right? So it makes people run away from you? Not very helpful for a melee champion with no gap closer abilities for strategic repositioning. Also, the duration is about 3 times too long at max rank. (hec's is 1 sec duration at all ranks for an ability which is a skill shot, and thus usually does much less damage, and does not provide a stat boost)

If you like stat boosts, they're best if they're on a low cd i.e. Riven's ult, and are generally worked so that they provide a benefit to all of a characters abilities i.e. Riven/Old Xin rather than doing massive damage of themselves. I don't think it works well for her kit, see Zileas' List of Antipatterns (general topic forum post by a rioter) for ideas.

Could you give specific base stats? An arbitrary rating system isn't helpful.

As far as backstory goes, I like the general idea, but it seems under developed. I don't think many people have a good grasp of what the void really is (other than that it tainted Malz, and a couple people i.e cho and kog come from it). Elaborate some?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NobSaiboot

Senior Member

12-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzanio View Post
Clarification Requested on Passive

"Power-Hungry (Passive) Helba's presence decreases enemy champion's Magic Resist (25%) and adds a percentage of the amount drained per champion (5% to a maximum of 25%) to her Ability Power. "

I get that this is a debuff (imo a little too much considering it's an aura--also, what's the radius?), and that 5% (I assume of their max mr before debuff) is added to her AP. What does it mean by to maximum of 25%? That if the entire enemy team is present she gets 25% of their cumulative MR before debuffs added to her AP? If 5% then you're looking at an AP buff (assuming the enemy team has a bulwark, and standard team comp) of around 38 AP, at 25% it would be around 190 AP.
25% of an enemy champion's base MR is drained. 5% of the amount drained is converted into AP. This effect stacks with each enemy champion within range (Let's say the range is 1000) to a maximum of 25%. So if two enemy champions are within range 5% of the 25% drained for both champions is converted into AP and so on and so on. That being said : It's underpowered if there's only a single enemy champion. Would fixing it so 25% MR drained on a single enemy champion within range and 25% of that is converted into AP work? Then gradually lower how much is converted depending on other champions in range? (25% is converted if one enemy champion is in range, 20% is converted if 2 enemy champions are in range Etc Etc.)


Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzanio View Post
Spectral Swords on enemy cast base damage is higher than most ultimates with better scaling.
After doing math...That's fairly high at higher levels. Maybe 40/60/80/100/120 (.15) with a 15/20/25/30/35 (.8) DoT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzanio View Post
On allied cast AOE?
I'm not sure if you're questioning the ability or the range of the AoE. If it's the latter it would be 500 units in diameter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzanio View Post
Base damage on her ult is really high, as is the stat boost, and terrify duration. Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but terrify is Hec's ult mechanic right?
Yep...You got me. :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzanio View Post
So it makes people run away from you? Not very helpful for a melee champion with no gap closer abilities for strategic repositioning.
...Good point. :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzanio View Post
Also, the duration is about 3 times too long at max rank. (hec's is 1 sec duration at all ranks for an ability which is a skill shot, and thus usually does much less damage, and does not provide a stat boost)
Change it to a fear, lower the time frame...Liking it so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzanio View Post
If you like stat boosts, they're best if they're on a low cd i.e. Riven's ult
Yes but their ults aren't very similar. Helba's does quite a bit of initial damage that scales off of AP, has to channel it before casting it and CC's the enemy team caught in the transformation. Riven get's it right from the get go and has gets to cast another ability that deals much more damage based on missing HP. That being said cd is long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzanio View Post
And are generally worked so that they provide a benefit to all of a characters abilities i.e. Riven/Old Xin rather than doing massive damage of themselves.
True but Renekton and Nasus's ult only benefit themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzanio View Post
Could you give specific base stats? An arbitrary rating system isn't helpful.
I'm afraid not. 18 levels of constant scaling is out of my league.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzanio View Post
As far as backstory goes, I like the general idea, but it seems under developed. I don't think many people have a good grasp of what the void really is (other than that it tainted Malz, and a couple people i.e cho and kog come from it). Elaborate some?
Shouldn't be too hard. I'll talk to Moby about it when he's online. Thanks for the review. ^^


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Moby the White

Senior Member

12-17-2012

The faint scars of their battle are still present, little reminders of the man who placed her in this dark forsaken prison known as the void-a desolate remote region connected to Runeterra by a gap in time and space. Each of her scars told its own story of a battle waged and lost against Dante the Darkslayer. Of course it had to be Dante that discovered her plans to release the void upon Valoran, who else would it be but her own apprentice? Now she was trapped in the very void she had tried to release awaiting her own freedom. Until then she watched and waited as dark dismal terrors surrounded her, festering near the gap between worlds, also awaiting escape-they too knew Helba would be their release and so they poisoned her mind by poisoning the air around her driving her deep into insanity. Helba...Helba...Helba...over and over she repeated her name, the one thing she vowed not to lose was her identity even if she lost her mind. She would not forget him, for it was only time before she found her way back to Valoran, all she had to do was wait and wait she did.

Helba waited patiently at the gap that connected the void to Valoran, she knew that within time the greedy summoners of Valoran would reach once more into the void for power, attempting to summon some foreign creature to do their bidding in battle. And when they did she would escape and find Dante and the void would come with her.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Moby the White

Senior Member

12-17-2012

not much more I can say about the void since much of it is unknown. It is a dark and terrible place neither cold nor hot but emptiness. I imagine that creatures exist much similar to that of those from the movie Pitch Black.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NobSaiboot

Senior Member

12-17-2012

This is awesome! Thanks for helping out once again man. ^^


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dzanio

Senior Member

12-17-2012

Moby: I like the new lore, it feels much darker and fairly appropriate for the master of chaos (holding on to one's identity an action of someone of order, but who says she was successful?); I realize riot hates actually developing the realms, so that there is little you can specifically add about the void.

Cryo; haven't looked at the new stats yet, so I'll just respond to what I see in this message.

The aoe on the passive I'd suggest being around 700 to match the AOE on abyssal scepter, but you can take that or leave it. Thank you for the clarification on the passive, gaining 25% of 25% of a team's MR as AP is only 40-50 extra, of course most of your scalings are around 1:1 so this AP counts a bit more than it would for other champs (who have .65-.85 scaling on most abilities), so that should be accounted for. I agree that 5% of 25% of the person you're in lane w/ MR as AP would be trivial, honestly I think the MR debuff on is plenty strong (bordering on OP) as it is, and would just leave off this mechanism.

As for the debuff I think it should start lower, and scale up as she levels. Starting at 25% means that she gets a minimum of an additional 7.5 mr pen mid lane, and considering you can build 20 flat pen, this means she can almost deal true damage at level one. Add in sorc shoes, haunting guise, and abyssal scepter and her lane mate is screwed, because even building MR doesn't help them much against her, and her base damages are still high enough that she doesn't need to build AP to hurt.

Top lane this would be less of an issue, simply because most top laners have a lot of sustain mechanisms, and build more MR into their rune page. I do think the AOE debuff would be too good in team fights though, especially if you run someone like fiddle in the jungle, who already gives an aoe flat pen debuff. Even if you just run one other AP champ though, this amplifies their damage significanly, 7.5-20%, Fid's passive increases magic damage gnerally 10-20%, so actually this might be balanced if you get rid of the MR to AP conversion.

I assume the .8 scaling on the dot for spectral swords is total, not per tic. Now that I know the AOE on the allied cast I'll look at that ability again.

I'll look at the ult changes before commenting.


12345678 ... 9