Champion Concept: Jakk, the Twisted Reaper

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sir Shadow Isles

07-03-2013

Greetings Summoners! This is my 5th champion concept, and my personal favorite. I hope you all enjoy him like I do. Constructive criticism is always greatly appreciated. *DISCLAIMER-ALL IMAGES ATTACHED TO THIS POST DO NOT BELONG TO ME.*

Jakk, the Twisted Reaper

Jakk is an AD assassin that excels at leaping into fights to decimate a single target, and dealing heavy damage before leaping out again. He works well as a solo top laner as well as in the jungle. Merciless Pursuit will make him inescapable in lane and a good way to initiate ganks. It can also be a fantastic escape tool.

Appearance: Jacquet-A strapping young lad at 16, he is well built because of his work on the family farm. He stands about 5'2 inches tall and has long blond hair that he usually keeps in a ponytail. Before the incidents began, Jacquet was a whimsical child, often found laying near the shed or in the barn, daydreaming about joining the Demancian army. He grew up being told about the grand heroics of Garren Lightsheild and the legends of Prince Jarvan VI, and made it his dream to join the army and be a soldier like his heroes.

Jakk-Merely a shell of his former sell, Jakk's hair has turned from the purest gold to deathly white due to his years spent in the asylum. His eyes that once danced with with light and laughter are now dark pits devoid of any kind of compassion. His skin is gaunt and hollow, yet some demonic force keeps his body impossibly strong. Grimm's influence shows as a dark aura radiates from Jakk.

Abilities:

Passive: Corrupt Psychotic-every auto attack gains Jakk 10 Insanity. Jakk uses his Insanity to power his abilities. Jakk can spend 100 Insanity to use a more powerful version of his ultimate. Each bar of Insanity (10 units) gives Jakk 1/2/3/4/5/6% attack speed.

Q: Piercing Strike- (Cost-10 Insanity) CD: 8/7/6/5/4

Jakk focuses with deadly accuracy, causing his next basic attack to deal an extra 120 / 140 / 160 / 180 / 200% (bonus AD) in physical damage. (Resets attack timer.)

W: Disruption- (Cost-20 Insanity) CD: 12 / 11 / 10 / 9 / 8 Diameter of AoE: 500

Jakk imbues Grimm with dark power and strikes the ground, dealing 75/120/165/210/255 (+.1 AP)magic damage and slowing enemies by 20/25/30/35/40% for 2 seconds in an area. (Does not reset attack timer.)

E: Show No Mercy- (Cost-40 Insanity) CD: 18/16/14/12/10 Range: 850

Jakk flings Grim in a straight line, rooting the first enemy unit struck and pulls Jakk to them. (enemy is only rooted for as long as it takes for Jakk to reach them. Max root: .5 seconds)

R: Incapacitate-(50 Insanity) CD: 110/100/90

Jakk uses all his strength and swings Grim downward on target enemy, cleaving them for 200/300/400 (+1 bonus AD) physical damage.

Breakdown-(Cost-90 Insanity) Jakk becomes overwhelmed with power and loses control, slashing in a circle and dealing 200/300/400 (+60/70/80% total AD) physical damage to all enemies in the radius. (*Breakdown deals base damage plus 60/70/80% of TOTAL attack damage)

Lore:
Jacquet DeLoar was born to an ordinary family on a farm outside Demancia’s walls. Although they were far better off than other farms, the Deloar family was humble in their success. Jacquet’s parents were very kind people and raised him to be compassionate and loving. Jacquet was the perfect child. He always obeyed his parents, he helped out around the farm, and he was polite as can be. But around his twelfth birthday, his parents noticed that there was something dark in him. He was obsessed with death and dark magic. Jacquet would often bring home dead animals and hide them in his room, poking and prodding them, trying to figure out what made them tick. His parents became worried with this fascination and decided to give him more chores. His father gave him an old family heirloom, a rusted scythe, and taught him to use it properly. In no time at all, Jacquet was a pro. He increased productivity on the farm exponentially. His parents were relieved that his habit of bringing home dead animals had vanished.

One day, while Jacquet was working in the fields, he thought he heard a voice. He looked around, confused, knowing he was alone. He shrugged and went back to work. But there it was again; that strange voice calling his name. Jacquet gripped his scythe firmly as he called out for the stranger to show himself. The voice became louder and clearer. Jacquet was stunned to find that the voice was coming from his scythe. The scythe introduced itself as Grimm, an ancient spirit forced into this scythe to be imprisoned for eternity. It spoke to Jacquet, luring him with power and knowledge beyond his wildest dreams. All he needed to do was let him into his mind. It poisoned Jacquet’s mind for weeks. He tried to explain to his parents, but they refused to believe him. Soon, his parents could no longer tolerate his crazy stories. They summoned the Demancian guard, who hauled him off to an asylum. There he stayed for 3 years, Grimm’s voice swirling around his brain.

There was a violent storm the night that Jacquet returned home. His parents were sleeping soundly, when they were woken by a loud clap of thunder. Standing by their bedside was a dark figure, cackling insanely as he raised the rusty scythe in his hand. One of the other farmhands heard the screams and came running. He burst through the door to find Jacquet standing over the mangled remains of his parent’s bodies, a scythe clutched in his bloody hand. The farmhand cried out for help and turned to run only to find Jacquet standing in his path, an impossibly wide grin on his face. When he spoke, his voice wasn’t the only one that sounded. Another voice spoke alongside his, ancient and evil. “You seem to be still alive. I can fix that.” The farmhand pleaded for his life, asking Jacquet why he would do this. The creature let out a maniacal laugh. “I’m Jakk now. As for why? Because it’s fun.” Jakk went on to slaughter fifty-six men, woman, and children before he was finally captured outside the Institute of War. The summoners were worried that they couldn’t be able to contain him for long. They agreed that the best course of action would be to allow him to fight on the Fields of Justice in order to keep an eye on him, and attempt to sate his unending bloodlust. Jakk the Reaper has joined the League. If you can see him coming, you’re already dead.

-“He won’t stop…He can’t stop…Don’t you see?! He won’t stop until we’re all dead!” –Former Captain of the 5th Watch.

Upon selection: “Who do we get to kill today?”

Movement: “Go go go go go go go!”
“Oh, I can’t wait!”
“Yuh huh.”
“Righty then.”
“*excited giggle*”

Piercing Strike: “The deathblow!”
“Survive this.”
“Bye bye.”
"Ending this."

Disrupt: “Grimm!”
“Creeping…”
“Where ya goin’?”
“Don’t move.”

Show No Mercy: “Here I come!”
“Going somewhere?”
“Not today!”
“Gotcha!”

Incapacitate: "Time to die!"
"You end here."
"Nothing can save you!"

Breakdown: “IT'S TOO MUCH!”
“*Insane laughter*”
“*scream of rage*”

Taunt: “Humph…You seem hardly worth killing.”
“*spits on ground* See that? That’s what you’re worth.”

Joke: “Roses are red, violets are blue, and I'm gonna cut you into a million pieces! AH HAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!!!!”
“Huh? What's that Grimm? Yeah, that outfit DOES make them look fat.”

Name:  Jaquet DeLoar.jpg
Views: 540
Size:  190.0 KB

Name:  Grim.jpg
Views: 526
Size:  37.8 KB

Name:  Jakk.jpg
Views: 594
Size:  348.4 KB

Praetor Ferix

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-03-2013

Love the story. Very, very dark child . His Q is ok, but I am still a bit 'iffy' on the next basic attack is a critical strike. Is there scaling on it or base damage? His W is good, but I would like to know how much slow it does and maybe take out the AP scaling. Not really much need if he is a champ that is AD that relies on basic attacks. Now for his E, as and assassin that jumps in, gets the kill and then jumps out, a root is too much. Kha' Zix only has slows. Rengar has the snare, but you have to get 5 ferocity to use it. And Talon only has a silence and slow. I like the idea of the jump, but not the root. Take out the root, but make it so it does some damage when he jumps to them. Now his Ult also confuses me. It seems like Breakdown does too little damage for an advanced/stronger version of his base Ult. I know Breakdown is an AOE, but maybe drive the scaling to 1.0 or 1.1. Also, his base ult has way to high of damage. Even for a single target. We are talking Thresh base Ult damage and the Scaling of Wukongs' Ult. Maybe down the scaling to .8 or .7 and the damage on each level by 100. Then I see it as a little less OP. I do like his passive, but maybe instead of just buffing just his ult, make it so he can spend the 100 insanity to go to all of his abilities to add an additional effect. Then you might be able to add in the root for his E. Other than that, I like the concept. I say keep working on it. You're almost there

Praetor Ferix

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-03-2013

Gonna bump it so we can get some more comments and input.

Sir Shadow Isles

07-03-2013

My thanks. To be honest, I spent more time on the story then the abilities. I'm a total "lore 'women of ill repute' (censorship and all)." lol.

I took the idea from his Q from Talon's Noxian Diplomacy, but I wanted it to be different. I figured having his next basic attack have a 100% crit chance was different enough, but I see your point.

I totally spaced on his W and forgot the slow scaling. I'll fix that.

Now that I look at it, the root is a bit long. I still want to keep the root in, because I wanted it to be a combination of Amumu's Bandage Toss, and Maokai's Twisted Advance. I figured it would be op as hell if I gave it damage, so It just brings Jakk to the nearest enemy and roots them just for the duration it takes for him to reach them. I'll scale the root down a lot. Also, it roots them, not stun, so they can still attack him.

I had a bit of trouble with the ult, because the only decent execution style ults I could refrence from were Darius and Garren. I didn't want it to be health based and true damage is just annoying, so I took the base damage for Incapacitate from Graves' Collateral Damage. I wanted a bursty, single-target damage ultimate and I figured that the initial hit from Graves' would do. I guess that's a little high. I'll do a bit of revamping of the damage and look over his other abilities and see how I can improve them.

Thanks for the feedback! Much appreciated.

Praetor Ferix

07-03-2013

No problem. I have nothing else to do while I am waiting in between calls at work, so I do what I can to help

SephirothWontDie

07-03-2013

the Insanity resource simply makes me think of fury or rage, which also cap at 100. instead of a pointless resource system like this, why not just use rage/fury? Renekton, Shyvana, and Tryndamere all use it but they use it differently. I apologize, but it just doesn't seem to me like a new resource is necessary for this.

passive: instead of 1/1/1/2/2/3/3/3/3/4/4/5/5/5/6/6/6%, why not 1/2/3/4/5/6%, and then in parentheses(), explain which levels it upgrades at.

q: it looks fine, I don't have a problem. it guarantees a crit, but it doesn't feel like it does enough. maybe just add something small, like a DoT based on damage dealt.

w: slow amount? duration of slow? would be helpful. other than that, its fine.

e: root them for .5/.75/1/1.25/1.5. the scaling isn't weird and it is still effective. other than that, it seems fine but lacking.

r at 50: its nice, deals lots of damage without being overwhelming.
r at 100: dealing less damage, which is good, at a lower ratio, which is good, but I feel it deals too much less. I think the ratio could stand to be buffed slightly. .85-.9 maybe.

Sir Shadow Isles

07-03-2013

Ok, revamped abilities. Take two.

Sir Shadow Isles

07-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SephirothWontDie View Post
the Insanity resource simply makes me think of fury or rage, which also cap at 100. instead of a pointless resource system like this, why not just use rage/fury? Renekton, Shyvana, and Tryndamere all use it but they use it differently. I apologize, but it just doesn't seem to me like a new resource is necessary for this.
Well, it's kind of a combination of the Fury and Energy system. Due to his character, I felt that he needed a source all to his own, kinda like Rengar with his Ferocity system.

Praetor Ferix

07-03-2013

I like the concept of a new resource. It brings something new to the table. Like Rengars ferocity or Aatrox's bloodwell. I don't think it should share with the other champs. There are already 3 that share fury. Lets keep it that way

Sir Shadow Isles

07-04-2013

Bump for opinions.