Supernatural Science Theory

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

7xGM

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodoku View Post
What makes them 'freak' coincidences?
I thought about it, and you guys are indeed putting up jaloples. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Please continue to do so. Thank you.

Kodoku

01-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7xGM View Post
I thought about it, and you guys are indeed putting up jaloples. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Please continue to do so. Thank you.
If what I posted is really a jalople then what possible significance does it have? I just threw up a completely mundane event that seemed to fit the profile of what you're describing.

Cryoshell17

01-01-2013

Quote:
What makes them 'freak' coincidences?

Example? I can think of two.

One day you're randomly thinking about someone that you know but haven't had any contact with all at for a while (Absolutely no contact. Not even a status like or re-tweat on Facebook and Twitter) then you get a call from them immediately afterwards.

Or one day you happen to be in Seattle and someone that you haven't see in forever, but you're great friends with them just happens to pass you by.

I think that's what he means by "freak" coincidences.

Kodoku

01-01-2013

Quote:
Example? I can think of one.

One day you're randomly thinking about someone that you know but haven't had any contact with all at (Absolutely no contact. Not even a status like or re-tweat on Facebook and Twitter) then you get a call from them immediately afterwards.

Or one day you happen to be in Seattle and someone that you haven't see in forever, but you're great friends with them just happens to pass you by.

I think that's what he means by "freak" coincidences.
I'm not asking for examples, I'm asking for what distinguishes them from non-freak coincidences. Those both sound like things that are statistically probable to happen sooner or later.

Cryoshell17

01-01-2013

Quote:
I'm not asking for examples...

Well bugger if I know. That was just what I thought he meant. Maybe what makes them a "freak" coincidence something that you weren't expecting at all as compared to having a rough idea or having it as one of many possibilities...Tell me when I start rambling.

7xGM

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-01-2013

Well, if you see my 2 jaloples, it involved lessons that I specifically had to learn about life. Maybe I just need to learn more lessons than most people. How about instead of the word freak i should use the word "significant".

Slayermaster115

01-02-2013

well one day i was shopping at target, then i saw my old high school year book friend, this new years eve i watched dick clarks new years rocking eve and it turns out that friend was on it

7xGM

01-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayermaster115 View Post
well one day i was shopping at target, then i saw my old high school year book friend, this new years eve i watched dick clarks new years rocking eve and it turns out that friend was on it
Nice jalople. Thank you for contributing.

7xGM

01-02-2013

I updated my very first post to make it cleaner and easier for new people to jump in on the conversation.

7xGM

01-02-2013

Jalople #3

I will place all the info for this jalople later tonight probably, or tomorrow depending on how much time I have later. I've decided to stay with my wife and we are going to go to marriage counseling. So great news. I had a great day on my first day as outpatient and have already learned quite a bit more things to cope with my "diseases".

EDIT: I am going to place Jalople #3 in the first post.

Jalople #3

Date Occured:
01/02/13
01 + 02 = 03 for the date without the year

Time:
Around Noonish, didn't have a watch or a cell phone (not allowed in outpatient program, cell phone that is. I also didn't look at the clock on the wall).

My General Location:
At Riverside Center for Behavioral Medicine in the Fellowship room.

Coordinates Approximation:
3357'43.87"N
11723'42.51"W

Location of Jalople:
I was sitting in the Fellowship Room as well as in Craig's car.

Who discovered it
Me with the help of someone else.

People involved:
ADG <- Me & Craig a patient

Jalople Description:
Craig had a random thought while he was driving about an embarrassing moment in his life. I can go into further detail, but it is pointless unless people really want to know it in this thread. It ended up being something that he shouldn't have been embarrassed about. It then brought up all the memories of my remembering embarrassing moments and feeling really stupid about it even though there was no reason to be embarrassed about it at all.

Lesson Learned (Shannon Entropy):
I learned as well as Craig learned that these moments that we continue to beat ourselves up on shouldn't ever bother us anymore. The past is the past, and although at the moments we did them we are extremely embarrassed, it doesn't mean we should dwell on them.

I hope these lessons that I learn will help people with their own issues in this thread because I am starting to believe that someday I am going to be a Psychiatrist because I love helping people.

Please DOCUMENT JALOPLES and post them here. PLEASE!