Opinions: my gf is religous and i am not.

1234511 ... 20
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

3L3CT

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-27-2013

sexcrazy

01-27-2013

I agree, you should kill her.

Fenix9000

01-27-2013

Idk if this relationship would work.
Tell your GF your opinions, and if she doesnt respect them, then you know what to do,

Ricky Spanish

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-27-2013

Obvious bait is obvious.

Serious answer? Disregard women, acquire elo.

Private Riem

01-27-2013

Agree to disagree

Necro Monkey

01-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenix9000 View Post
Idk if this relationship would work.
Tell your GF your opinions, and if she doesnt respect them, then you know what to do,
kill her

Exsanguinated

01-27-2013

I've had a similar relationship... will not work, will drain you and eventually you'll separate rom her. Do it fast so the hurt is less.

Grammatizator

01-27-2013

is it posible to divide your ideas and beliefs?

Menea6587

01-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3L3CT View Post
So I have been with my girlfriend for three months. We rushed into things very very fast. We got a apartment together within the first two weeks of being together, though we have chated on fb for 5-6 months before actually hanging out. Anyways about a month and a half ago her mom asked us to go to church with her, so though I have never been interested in church or religion I decided I would give it a try. Well I attended that sundays service, and I left very pissed off because they were trying to collect money for poor kids in another country and the pastor made me feel like I HAD to donate or "God" would be dissapointed in me. Basically he was saying things like "when you walk out them doors today,don't just walk past them jars" etc. etc. To the point were it made me feel guilty if I didn't. Anyways I decided I would never go back and I explained this to my gf. A couple weeks passed and her mom invited us again which I responded not interested or whatever but my girlfriend decided she was gonna go and she has been going ever Sunday since, and that's fine I have nothing against her wanting to.

Now here is the problem....

When we first got together we had the same views, and neither of us went to church.

Now since the first time of her going she has been going every Sunday since.

Now the past 2 weeks she has starting gong on Wednesdays also.

Now she reads her bible while laying in bed...
Now she has the Bible on the phone..

She now believes that God is making everything good happen....

Basically she is becoming seriously taken into this religion thing and now it is becoming a problem that I dont have a interest. And she always gets mad when I ask her how church was and stuff and says "why do you even ask? You dont care." And now today she is being baptized which she has been asking me for 3 weeks if I would come andi had agreed and now yesterday she tells me she doesn't want me to come because I don't care and wehave different beliefs.....

Questions.
Will this relationship work?

Is it fair for her to try and persuade me to go? By saying things like " maybe if you had a little faith and prayed and went to church"

Was I wrong for feeling the way I did about thepastor making me feel obligated? ( I know its good to help people out, but I'm on unemployment right now and I have 2 daughters...and that Money runs out very quickly.. not to mention I would help people in USA before I helped another country's)

I need some advice here guys.... I can't argue with her about it be
Because I know nothing about religion..
No.

It just won't. Religion is something so ingrained in your life and so pivotal to daily life that you can't avoid it. Sorry to say this, but it's probably best if you part ways.

I'm saying this just because I'm pretty sure that if stuck around, you'd probably " go along with it," instead of actually being religious, which would make the situation infinitely worse.

The Sgt Pepper

01-27-2013

Convert, or get out. Those are your only options.

1234511 ... 20