Latin American Nationalism (1750-Present)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

sean1

Junior Member

12-06-2012

Hi everybody!

I'm trying to plan out a Change and Continuity essay about nationalism in Latin America from 1750 to the present for AP World History.

Feel free to comment/discuss any and all things that come to mind.

Thanks!

Sean


EDIT: I've got two changes, now just looking for two continuities due to nationalism.
EDIT2: ONE MORE CONTINUITY


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jesus the Friend

Member

12-06-2012

"Latin America" isn't a country/nation.

You can't be a "Latin American Nationalist".


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

sean1

Junior Member

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus the Friend View Post
"Latin America" isn't a country/nation.

You can't be a "Latin American Nationalist".
By Latin American nationalism, I meant nationalism in any of the Latin American countries. It's pretty flexible, so for example, I could talk about "Gran Columbia" (which was, at the time, Venezuela, Columbia, and Ecuador).

Thanks for replying though


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jesus the Friend

Member

12-06-2012

That doesn't change the fact that "Latin America" is not a country/nation, by definition, you are wrong.

I am not from United Statsia and anyone calling it "Latin America" is a fool.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

sean1

Junior Member

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus the Friend View Post
That doesn't change the fact that "Latin America" is not a country/nation, by definition, you are wrong.

I am not from United Statsia and anyone calling it "Latin America" is a fool.
Look man, I'm just asking for some help. Since you seem to know so much about Latin America, why don't you ignore the scholasticism and actually contribute to the topic of the thread? I'm not looking to argue, just for some help. If I have offended you somehow, I apologize. I understand that Latin America is not a country, and I believe that I have already acknowledged that I mean it as a region. If it makes you feel any better, replace Latin America with any country you wish from that region.

Again, thanks for your time.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Powerstoned

Member

12-07-2012

The usual indigenous indian people vs. spanish blood


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lordmercurio

Member

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean1 View Post
By Latin American nationalism, I meant nationalism in any of the Latin American countries. It's pretty flexible, so for example, I could talk about "Gran Columbia" (which was, at the time, Venezuela, Columbia, and Ecuador).

Thanks for replying though
litle correction: Gran Colombia, columbia its an usa state.
abot your topic, latina american region have a huge history and natinalism coul be really extense; almost all countrys had internal problems/ political division, some had a change inits political system(monarchy, militar regimens etcetc); also another subject its the independece
period on each country. If you want more help please explain and try to be more concrete about your theme , zone/region, country adn period of time