Need advice for my Varus item builds. +

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Helenid

12-06-2012

Hi, I'm pretty new to the game, and just need some advice on what items to build while playing Varus. So far I've been simply going full AD and AS with 2-3 Bloodthirsters, Berserker's Greaves, Infinity Edge, and if possible Hurricane.

I've read that with the latest patch an AP Varus with Spellsword mastery unlocked is very viable but I can't get that for a few levels yet.

Also, which lane would Talon be most useful in. I've been doing mid but APC's like Brand just poo on me.

ScorchXBanister

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-07-2012

Yeah, you're basically doing it right on Varus. You need more crit, though, so you'd probably be better off dropping a Bloodthirster for a Phantom Dancer or something.

AP Varus is a gimmick. I wouldn't call it viable.

Finally, Talon is most useful mid, and is unable to hack it anywhere else. He beats mids like Brand, usually.

OriginalJack

12-07-2012

Agreed that Talon is best mid. There also some tops that he can beat but I would avoid taking him top unless you know who you're going against, don't do it blindly because he usually loses to tanky champs.

I haven't played Varus since the new items got added but I think Hurricane is going to be really strong on him because you can apply his W to multiple people with it.

3sQdYCiVW3o8cME6

12-07-2012

usally with varus the items ive seen are bloodthirster phantom dancer infinity edge black cleaver stuff like that like any AD carry would buy really