So, gold value on lane minions didn't get nerfed, it got a buff

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

0QPe8VDDB3

12-06-2012

Bump.. This affects supports as well! D:

InertBlowfish

12-06-2012

I know I'm going to get downvoted for this, but I like the new jungle.

I like having to make a conscious decision between farming and ganking.

I like no faceroll red then level 2 ganks, even though it's still possible.

And I hate to say it, but if you guys can't gank because "we have no damaging items at level 2 because of machete," then you're doing something wrong.

Because we have an extra 25 speed without boots, and you had no extra damage in season 2 when you started with boots and three pots.

In saying that, I can understand where ya'll are coming from - extra gold would still be nice.
So I'm not going to disagree with a buff like, "+5 gold on neutral monster kills" - Machete.

JustDeckeredBoys

12-06-2012

they keep making this game less and less skill based and its already not even skill based.

Sir Hamilton III

12-06-2012

QUICK, BACK TO 2 TOP OR 2 MID LANES. DITCH THE JUNGLE

old dota meta ftw

Tetsero

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-06-2012

The new jungle is the best. I can finally feel like I'm doing a good job in the jungle with the machete. It's nice.

Elchulus

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by InertBlowfish View Post
I know I'm going to get downvoted for this, but I like the new jungle.

I like having to make a conscious decision between farming and ganking.

I like no faceroll red then level 2 ganks, even though it's still possible.

And I hate to say it, but if you guys can't gank because "we have no damaging items at level 2 because of machete," then you're doing something wrong.

Because we have an extra 25 speed without boots, and you had no extra damage in season 2 when you started with boots and three pots.

In saying that, I can understand where ya'll are coming from - extra gold would still be nice.
So I'm not going to disagree with a buff like, "+5 gold on neutral monster kills" - Machete.
Back in season 2 junglers would start boots 3 a lot if they wanted to gank early. That would put them at the same speed as the target. Now, they are 25 speed slower.

Level 2/3 ganks are completely possible, I've seen and done a few. The problem is that junglers are still underfarmed, even more so now that lane gold is buffed, and buying machete and its upgrades is a further gold sink that delays core items.

ZacBranigen

12-06-2012

I posted this on another thread but I think junglers should have a gp10 item (perhaps the new starter jungler item can be upgraded to gp10) that gives a bit of health as well as being upgraded into something useful (a ward item would be cool). Riot talked about how HoG created passivity, so to deter every lane getting it make it so that you can only buy it when you have smite or the gp10 is given only when you have smite.

Noric

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwertyuiop K View Post
Bump.. This affects supports as well! D:
It does affect supports - but not as much as it does junglers. Junglers currently receive less gold than they did s2 until 11 minutes. Supports gain money however because of the ambient gold increase (you could try to argue HoG loss - but honestly HoG pays for 2 wards every 5 minutes - which is less than sightstone).

Bullettime7

12-06-2012

I liked the possible solution submitted in another thread.

Nerf gold gained by the jungle creeps by 25%.
Add a passive to the Machete and its upgrades that increases gold from neutral monsters, excluding Baron and Dragon, by 50%.

This would let junglers gain an additional 25% jungle gold compared to what they gain now (absolutely pathetic amounts in the early game) and they could stop the "scaling up after 11 minutes" **** that doesn't benefit junglers in the least. It would also make playing a carry jungle more of a viable option as it would allow you to reap the rewards of farming the jungle at the cost of map and objective control and lane pressure.

Noric

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullettime7 View Post
I liked the possible solution submitted in another thread.

Nerf gold gained by the jungle creeps by 25%.
Add a passive to the Machete and its upgrades that increases gold from neutral monsters, excluding Baron and Dragon, by 50%.

This would let junglers gain an additional 25% jungle gold compared to what they gain now (absolutely pathetic amounts in the early game) and they could stop the "scaling up after 11 minutes" **** that doesn't benefit junglers in the least.
Either building it into machete or smite would be the solution that makes most sense. However, there is a good thread already about that - the important part of this thread is the numerical proof of why junglers would be struggling right now. Riot does not want to act on empirical evidence but this thread actually gives statistical reason why junglers are behind what Riot intended.