My name is Nansen Hokuba and I'm a Feeder!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nansen Hokuba

12-06-2012

It never fails, I get killed, and I am a "Feeder". The game starts, I fight in my lane. This time, I'm caught off guard by a hard hitting champ or get nailed by a ranged attacker and die. I realize immediately that the match up is a bad one; and not in my favor. I try my best to turret hug and defend, but they are aggressive and know they outgun me. They dive and ambush and gank, and I die again. But by now (guaranteed every f*ing game), Some self proclaimed pro is harassing me for feeding. "WTF", they yell. "OMG you Noob"! This is the start of verbal abuse that lasts the entire game; unless by some miracle, we win. The reports come flying after that. Feeder, Inexperienced, whatever! Apparently, this game is for people who are perfect and awesome every time they play. The constant verbal abuse coming from people not dying more then 2-3 times per game makes me want to hunt them all down in real life and cut their fingers off for typing hate words to anyone who fails at being awesome each game. What was once my favorite game has now become the trigger to my darkest murderous thoughts. I had a green ribbon and was proud of it. It got taken away. Probably because I started yelling back at them all. You want to call me a feeder? This is how you "feed". I'm a lvl 30 Noob? I'll show you how a Noob would play! The fact is, these guys who talk the most **** are terrible team players. They only care about winning or getting the most kills. They don't work with you (like switch lanes with you if it's a bad match up to begin the game), they just keep doing well in their lane and wonder why the team looses at the end. They are also the first to hit the surrender button if they aren't winning. I can get killed 10 times and snap back and fight hard with a good team for the win. But, these guys who treat other people like **** can't even stand it if they are getting killed more than 3 times the game. They think they are so good, that if they die, it must be someone else's fault.

This game is not fun anymore, PvP kills Fun in all games. Not because of the challenge, because of terrible people who think way to highly of themselves. I thought the Honor system would change things, but you can't change people who love to hate on others that are weaker than they are. They report me for telling them to fuk off when they harass me. It's ok to make people feel like **** and want to quit playing their favorite game, but it's terrible if you fight them via text in game to stop picking on people. Yeah I cursed! They deserve it! They deserve worse!

I'm the Victim here, not them! I'm trying to enjoy my favorite video game without players on my team calling me names and telling me to stop playing because I suck. If I knew them, I could show them my history of wins or k/d ratio in games I did well in. Or, I could show them my green ribbon for teamwork. But not now. They don't care. I get treated bad if I die more then they do. That's the name of this game now.

GON the Mage Guy

12-06-2012

Ah, hyperbole.

Space Racist

12-06-2012

The meaning of the term "feed" is abused and misused very frequently, often by players who have a low tolerance for seeing someone on their team die a few times in a short space of time. It's really nothing to get worked up about.

To feed in my view is to intentionally die where you could have, within reason, avoided dying through straightforward and clear tactics, moves or skill use. However some fools tend to apply the term to the first person on their team who dies more than once within the first 5 minutes.

Sure if you have an abnormally high number of deaths, you are probably fitting the definition of having "fed" the enemy. But as long as your deaths are not deliberate - that is, you're not trying to die all the time and aren't doing stupid things like diving enemy turrets solo - then really it comes down to your skill and how "good" you are at both playing the game as a whole, as well as that selected champion.

Ignore people who call you out on feeding. It's hardly constructive to tell someone who has had the misfortune of dying a few times to "stop feeding". Clearly the objective of the game is to remain alive as much as possible and win the game. And not being a very good player isn't against the rules - if you're trying your best, but still dying a lot, no one can really do much but offer constructive advice on how you could improve. Calling you a feeder/noob - not going to help.

If someone is clearly throwing the game by allowing the enemy to easily kill them through intentionally making poor moves, diving turrets or just larking around in /all chat encouraging the enemy to kill them - report them for Intentionally Feeding. Even if they don't actually feed the enemy, the fact they are not trying to play properly warrants punishment.

LittleDi

12-06-2012

According to your last match which was prior to this post you went 0/21/4 over a 35 minute game with J4. While that's pretty bad (you spent 1/5th of the match dead) that isn't intentional feeding by score. You'd need 14 more deaths to break that.

mambawarrior0

12-06-2012

Report them then.

xkhazixmaster18

12-08-2012

Well you are level 30. Maybe play a couple games with INTERMEDIAITE BOTS. If your KDR goes below 3:1, you should replay the bot match. This way you will get decent at playing the champ.

Nansen Hokuba

12-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDi View Post
According to your last match which was prior to this post you went 0/21/4 over a 35 minute game with J4. While that's pretty bad (you spent 1/5th of the match dead) that isn't intentional feeding by score. You'd need 14 more deaths to break that.
LittleDi,

This game that you reference here was me loosing my patience entirely with abusive players and those specifically who make it their job to treat anyone who dies like ****. I told them to shut up and they kept harassing me. As a Level 30 player, I do know how to play, watch videos on tactics and champion use. However, this game I was clearly outmatched on the bottom lane. I let my team know that I could not defend it. They didn't care. They didn't help except to tell me I sucked and call me a Noob. This game, I let them know that I will intentionally feed to show them the difference of real feeding/griefing versus just getting your ass kicked by a good player or high damage champion.

3rdWorstPlayerNA

12-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nansen Hokuba View Post
LittleDi,

This game that you reference here was me loosing my patience entirely with abusive players and those specifically who make it their job to treat anyone who dies like ****. I told them to shut up and they kept harassing me. As a Level 30 player, I do know how to play, watch videos on tactics and champion use. However, this game I was clearly outmatched on the bottom lane. I let my team know that I could not defend it. They didn't care. They didn't help except to tell me I sucked and call me a Noob. This game, I let them know that I will intentionally feed to show them the difference of real feeding/griefing versus just getting your ass kicked by a good player or high damage champion.
Don't ever intentionally feed, even to prove a point. All it may end up doing is making someone(s) in Tribunal click Punish instead of Pardon. I personally bypass most Intentional Feeding reports unless they are just blatant. Usually, there are other reports for some other form of violation such as Negative Attitude, Harassment, etc, to base ultimate judgement off of. Admittedly, that may just be my take on it, but I find that the Intentional Feed reports have such a grey area. How do I know that the person didn't just try that char out? Perhaps they queued up with a buddy and got put way past their skill level? Maybe they're just drunk and having a good time. lol Hard to tell, unless it's a 0/large number of deaths/0 number.

Zielmann

12-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nansen Hokuba View Post
This game is not fun anymore, PvP kills Fun in all games.
Am I the only one who noticed this? If you don't like PvP, why are you playing LoL? It's not like it used to be some PvE MMO that was just transitioned over to a PvP game. It's been this way the whole time...

Crazeh Fruit

12-12-2012

I know that feel bro.