Suggestion: talking to your friends while spectating!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

An Acorn

08-03-2012

I know we can pm our friends that are in game when we spectate them but as people started getting "untrackable" names such as or or .

I'd like an option while spectating to be able to pm a friend while spectating them, what I end up doing is, while I'm watching their game, I leave the game to say something like " that tribush fight was awesome" then I have to reconnect and wait to see if they respond or not, if they don't respond I can't say anything more until i exit the game again, or they could respond while i'm reconnecting to the game. so if there was an option to pm just the friends youre spectating, that'd be great.

Also if spectators can speak to each other in chat, that would be awesome.

Darkvolcan

08-03-2012

/w "____" is for pming them.

In the case of an odd name like that, tell them to send you a message first, and /r automatically fills it in to respond to the person who last messaged you.

An Acorn

08-06-2012

yes I know all of this.... . but what I'm trying to get at is that if you want to spectate someone with a odd name and talk to them. you have to message them first and tell them "hey whisper to me in about a minute so i can talk to you during specmode".

Doesn't seem reasonable to do that for the spectator or the friend that is playing the game. Also if that friend has more than 1 person spectating him/her, they have to message each one of them in order to have the spectators speak with them during game? unreasonable.

hence the suggestiong I'm making, perhaps a button on their name so it can copy/paste into chat box or something.

An Acorn

08-07-2012

bump

naotasan

08-08-2012

I'd much rather see a sign in the tab/score screen that says: Current Spectators: #

xAmarr

Recruiter

09-26-2012

lol you cant cant and never will be able too people will start telling others were the enemy team is :\

Lachlin

09-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by xAmarr View Post
lol you cant cant and never will be able too people will start telling others were the enemy team is :\
There's a 3 minute delay for that exact reason. You have always been able to send messages to people playing in the game while spectating.

killer284

12-08-2012

**** head
s